Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Hitting the Right Note - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    The music is beautiful, I loved it the pieces linked here. Damn like someone else said it makes me want to fire up the game again.

• Hysterical2Hysterical2 Member UncommonPosts: 9

EvilGeek said:

I'm going to be controversial here, hated the original version of 'Fear Not This Night' sounded like a number from a second rate West End musical rather than an emotive, epic score, which Anet has always spoiled me with. Much prefer the 2018 rejig for Bug in the System.

Jeremy Soule did an amazing score for the original game and GW2, I'm still pumped by the score and espicially enjoy hearing parts of the GW soundtrack around GW2, loved GW, and it's taken its time, but now love GW2 as much, really impressed how the game has grown and changed over the past couple of years.

I think the new composers have done an amazing job moving forward, keeping a unique emotive feel to the world of Tyria. Super Adventure Box was never for me, not a fan of 8 bit games, art or music so I always ignore it when it's around.

Hard to pinpoint my favourite piece, there are so many, and some are purely nostalgia based. This has to be in my top 5

got to say that is gorgeous. There were so many pieces that I thought were amazing but couldn't but in. I had the longest list and had to draw a line. :)
  • Hysterical2Hysterical2 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Delphos said:

Ì`m not saying GW2 soundtrack is bad or anything, but is almost impossible be impressed by other soundtracks after you`ve been playing Final Fantasy XIV for a good time.

SO I'd rekon that they are different beasts in some respects. GW2 has a very diverse soundtrack . Granted FF XIV has an outstanding backing but it maybe isnt as capable of pulling say a chiptune theme out of left-field (i can stand to be corrected if Im wrong)
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    MaxBacon said:
    I reaaallly want to be capable to play GW2, but the game always drives me away, it annoys me wanting to like it and it's "not liking you back".

The world approach, the content, the story, the visuals, the music and so forth is well done but there is still something amiss with GW2 that I can't quite put my finger on that makes me not keep playing it. :(
    I got the latest expansion for 10 bucks through my paypal wallet. I played it for a day and uninstalled it. I just don't feel the game anymore. Loved it and played it to death when it first came out. HOT was what killed it for me and i never really been a mounts guy unless they fly. I just find all the following a story line annoying in mmo's now. I just don't want to do it in GW2 because i find the stories boring.
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    been playing since Prophecies. ive played a lot of other mmos over the years and Guild Wars has always had the best music and sounds imo. I love this game. i think the game goes much deeper than most know.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Fallen5 said:
    been playing since Prophecies. ive played a lot of other mmos over the years and Guild Wars has always had the best music and sounds imo. I love this game. i think the game goes much deeper than most know.
    I don't think it's much about depth, yet about design, that care to get the content and mechanics flowing smoothly with the rest makes it feel right, while we tend to see more "tackled-in" features and content in many other titles instead.