Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old MMORPG that can't stop playing until now.

HatterGuyHatterGuy Member UncommonPosts: 12
We will know here how old you are lol

Mine are 
Rohan
Ragnarok Online.
GameolioDan

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    That would be the P99 servers of Everquest .

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    i still keep an active UO account , play occaisionally , over 20 years now ..
    Phaserlight
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    DAOC is the one I still visit, 1.69 version only though. 

;)
    ScotPhaserlight

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    WoW. The Legend, birth of a genre.

For realz.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Meridian 59, UO and EverCrack
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Entropia.

Came out in 2004. I started 2009 or 2010. I logged on last night to collect my land deeds money, then logged off.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Entropia.

Came out in 2004. I started 2009 or 2010. I logged on last night to collect my land deeds money, then logged off.
    I can remember a time when I just logged into Lotro to pay my housing bill, that said I got six years of actual play out of it so not to bad. :)
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Leveled a little in Aion and AoC unchained. But stopped after awhile.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Scot said:
    Entropia.

I can remember a time when I just logged into Lotro to pay my housing bill, that said I got six years of actual play out of it so not to bad. :)
    Reminds me that if I wasn't so honest, I should sell my lifetime LOTRO account. A game I will definitely never play again. They just lost their soul.
    The cash shop did go way too far and so quickly, within a year as bad as most of them. But I think I got my monies worth.
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    Hmmm....  While not quite on topic, my oldest active gaming account is likely my Steam account...  But there's no sub to that, so it's not really the same.

I sub and cancel pretty fluidly.  If devs aren't providing content that keeps me playing frequently, I'm gonna let 'em know by hitting that cancel button real quick like.

With that said, I guess GW2 or ESO are my oldest accessible MMORPG accounts.  I've recently dipped my toes back into both, but quickly moved back to playing regular ole miltiplayer and singleplayer games.  Mainly because the biggest thing left to do in most all of my MMORPG accounts is level an alt or farm gear.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    I still log into FFXI whenever they have free periods. Shell of its former self but some of the changes aren't horrible and it can be decent if you manage to get a solid group together for stuff like ambuscade and omen.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta has been publicly available since 2002. I started in 2003. It's just still good. 
    MadFrenchie

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Lost my UO account.  That would be the oldest account.
    @Phaserlight I recently visited the Vendetta Online page and found that it appears the game isn't free on PC, but is free on mobile.

That seems like a very, very strange way to monetize the same game across platforms.  Can you give a little more info on how that even works?  Can I not log into my PC account from my phone and vice versa?

@Phaserlight I recently visited the Vendetta Online page and found that it appears the game isn't free on PC, but is free on mobile.

That seems like a very, very strange way to monetize the same game across platforms.  Can you give a little more info on how that even works?  Can I not log into my PC account from my phone and vice versa?
    It is strange, but it works, apparently.

As of today: there is a free trial on PC (8 hours game time) after which there is a subscription.  $10 per month, or less in bulk.  This lets you also play on your phone.

You can also sign up for a free to play account from your phone which caps you at license 4/4/4/4/4 and forces you to also use a secondary currency, Crystal, which can either be earned in game or purchased for real money.  On a free account you can only play on mobile, not PC.

There is a third option, "Lite", which is $1 per month, can be purchased via mobile and allows you to play on both mobile and PC with the same above limitations.

In a nutshell, it looks like: Premium: $10 per month, all platforms no limitations > Lite: $1 per month, all platforms some limitations > Free: mobile only some limitations.

If you go to the website and download the game on PC you will only be given the free trial with the option to subscribe at the end, I believe.  To get the "Lite" or free options, get the game from Google Play or the iOS store.
    MadFrenchieKyleran

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

As of today: there is a free trial on PC (8 hours game time) after which there is a subscription.  $10 per month, or less in bulk.  This lets you also play on your phone.

You can also sign up for a free to play account from your phone which caps you at license 4/4/4/4/4 and forces you to also use a secondary currency, Crystal, which can either be earned in game or purchased for real money.  On a free account you can only play on mobile, not PC.

There is a third option, "Lite", which is $1 per month, can be purchased via mobile and allows you to play on both mobile and PC with the same above limitations.

In a nutshell, it looks like: Premium: $10 per month, all platforms no limitations > Lite: $1 per month, all platforms some limitations > Free: mobile only some limitations.

If you go to the website and download the game on PC you will only be given the free trial with the option to subscribe at the end, I believe.  To get the "Lite" or free options, get the game from Google Play or the iOS store.
    That IS strange, but I do like how they seem to have put a lot of thought into the checks and balances.

I'm thinking about giving it a try.  8 hours play time is a lot to get one's feet wet.  I know this is off topic, but one more question: how well do the controls map over to a joystick?

That IS strange, but I do like how they seem to have put a lot of thought into the checks and balances.

I'm thinking about giving it a try.  8 hours play time is a lot to get one's feet wet.  I know this is off topic, but one more question: how well do the controls map over to a joystick?
    Super Good...

(You can even use dual sticks, which I may have played with at one point in time)
    MadFrenchie

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Scot said:
    Entropia.

Reminds me that if I wasn't so honest, I should sell my lifetime LOTRO account. A game I will definitely never play again. They just lost their soul.
    Heh I tried it not long ago...All the 115s were grinding level 10-20 mobs for deeds....That is like 0 fun....My old school games are occasionally EQ and more often AO.
    JeffSpicoli
  • amalageramalager Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited June 2018
    I played Eclipsed War Online then it closed.
    I played War of Angels then it closed
    I played Seven Souls Online and it closed
    I tried to visit Rohan Blood Feud and its quite dead and thinking of playing Rohan SEA but I need to start all over again.
    old MMO's 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    " Allegiance " on a dial-up im 67.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    EQ1 FV server, account just turned 17 years last month and still playing.
    Kyleran

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    "Can't stop playing", is a tough qualifier.

I'll go into EQ every now and again, just for giggles. I don't subscribe at all, though. Nostalgia is even getting tougher to satisfy there as the game has changed so much in the past 14 years :)

Wizard101 is not that old, but I play it quite often. Not often enough to warrant a subscription, but I do buy their "crowns" when I can to purchase their zones. That is a headache and half in and of itself...
    MadFrenchie

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• HatterGuyHatterGuy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Does anyone here played Asian mmo aside from Lineage?
  • AlastiAlasti Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Asheron's Call was in my top 3...went back several times...sad they shut down...
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Meridian 59 here. All of you are just puppies.
    GameolioDanPhaserlightScot