Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seed: Introductory Offer

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Runestone has announced that they will be giving a special offer for their new MMORPG, SEED that will allow players to pay for their first month, and get the second month free:

Runestone Announces Special Introductory Offer for Seed Offer Allows You to Buy the First Two Months for the Price of One

Aarhus, Denmark – April 24, 2006 – Runestone Game Development announced today a special offer, buy two-months, pay for only one for Seed, its upcoming genre-shattering massively multiplayer game, launching in May 2nd.

"The intro-offer is a big thank you to our loyal community and beta testers. At the same time we hope newcomers will seize the opportunity and experience the Seed world for themselves," said Lars Kroll Kristensen, CEO of Runestone Game Development.

Seed will be available for download at www.seedthegame.com with a 14-day free trial. The monthly subscription rate will be €13.00 or $15.00. The introduction offer is available in May only and will cover the first two months.

“From the commercial release on May 2nd, we will add features and gameplay elements to the core game already there,” continued Kristensen. “Exactly how this will proceed, will depend a lot on our community and the choices they make.”

“The release of Seed marks the culmination of the two and a half years of development and beta testing,” added Kristensen. “We’re thrilled to see our work come to full life.”

For more on SEED, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• lilmitch34lilmitch34 Member Posts: 33
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha <inhale> hahahahahahaha they are making you pay for a free month

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by lilmitch34
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha <inhale> hahahahahahaha they are making you pay for a free month

Ummm, I don't think you actually read that. Before today the plan was that you get a free trial for the first 14 days. Then it would be $15.00 per month (That means your $15 would cover until June 16th). Now they are saying you pay $15.00 and you will be paid in full until July 16th.

• bobothewizarbobothewizar Member Posts: 56

Who cares, its junk anyway.  But im sure some fanbois will come by and tell me how much i am wrong and how this game is REVOLUTIONARY!

Im sure.

So instead of the common thirty days free when you buy there game they are only giving you 15 days.  30-15=15 I want my other 15 days for buying the stinking game.  Only way to get the game free for more than thirty days is by paying one months monthly fee.  I'll buy a game that you get 30 days to try out for free FOR BUYING the game, not going to do that for a game that only gives me 15 days.
  • qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    To me it looks like, you can download a 14 day free trial. If you
    decide you like it and want to play you'd get the first two months for
    the 15.00 after that.

• boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by lilmitch34
    So instead of the common thirty days free when you buy there game they are only giving you 15 days.  30-15=15 I want my other 15 days for buying the stinking game.  Only way to get the game free for more than thirty days is by paying one months monthly fee.  I'll buy a game that you get 30 days to try out for free FOR BUYING the game, not going to do that for a game that only gives me 15 days.

You're mistaken, the game is initially free to download, there is no boxed version you have to buy.

In any other MMO you pay £30-£40 for the game and one month included, then £10/month sub. Cost to play for first 2 months = £30 box + £10 sub = £40.

In this MMO you pay £0 for the game, 15 days included, then £10/month sub. EXCEPT, you get a free month as well because it's 2 for the price of 1 at launch. Cost to play for first 2 months = £10.

So it's 1/4 the price of another MMO initially and you get the 14 day trial period free as well.

Whether it sucks or not is a different topic but it's certainly cheap enough to try it out for yourself ;)

You are right I didnt see that the game was free to download. That makes it a little better.