Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game should I play next

jimmyhughjimmyhugh Member Posts: 3

image I been playing WoW for about 6 mo. I have 3 lvl 60 job's. To me this game a little to easy. It has allot of lagging in the game. I have to quit the game. anyway I was want to know. If any of you have quit and if so what game should I try next ?

I have also played FFXI. It was a very good game but got old after play it for 3 year's.

Comments

• RaverRaver Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 23

Try EQ2 , quite casual friendly and there are a heap of ex-WOWers there. Just pick a busy server at your peak time.

Pink_Candy
  • jimmyhughjimmyhugh Member Posts: 3

Thanks I will go look at EQ2.

But on the lagging part of WoW. It on ever server all the time. I like the game but the lagging was to much for me. I want on almost ever server. Looking for a server that dose not lag so much but there all the same.

But again I will download EQ2 and try it.

Thanks again  

• chrono2455chrono2455 Member Posts: 106
    EQ2 is fun but I wonder... did wow lag because of to many people or low computer specs.. no offense... of course if it's the latter you may have problems with EQ2 if it's the first option then I fully agree that you should try EQ2
  • RaverRaver Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 23

Im not a programmer but my theory is that since WOW has 1 huge open world on each continent it is pretty much always in trouble for lag.

Games such as EQ2 are zoned , so each zone youll have a brief load time. This reduces the immersion a bit but makes the game much less lag free. I use to lag often in WOW but cant say ive seen lag more than a couple of times in EQ2 in 6 months.

You do need a good PC for EQ2 , with 2GB ram and decent video card on Balanced performance the graphics will truely start to shine.

• jimmyhughjimmyhugh Member Posts: 3

It not my pc. I have 1.5 GB ram, Geforce 6200 video card. So if I lag I know everyone else is + it in ever chat room so I know it not just me.

I have download EQ2 so far no lag that I have seen. I think raver right on zoned. I played FFXI it was zoned also. And it 5X the size of WoW and i never had any lag there. I never think of that and till I read  Raver posting.   

Thanks again I hope to see you all in EQ2 soon.  image

• bonafideebonafidee Member Posts: 81
    im also looking for another mmorpg after finding little to do at the end of leveling. pve can get repeatative and boring. and pvp leaves alot to be desired. however having being burned badly by SOE after what they did to SWG i am never playing anything affiliated with them again. so please can you recommend another game besides EQ2 or something SOE owns. thanks
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Woahhhhhhhh I don't think I've ever seen a thread from 2006 get resurrected, the original posts were really fun to read through. 
    Pink_CandyUngood
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    What a epic necro, 12 year old post.
    Ungood
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Google searches often link to older posts, even when you add the current year to the search.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    My suggestion would be www.military bootcamp.com.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Gotta keep the necro thread alive....
    Pink_CandyUngood