Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Cinematic Trailer EA Play 2018 - Anthem Game Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageOfficial Cinematic Trailer EA Play 2018 - Anthem Game Trailer

On a world left unfinished by the gods, humanity struggles to survive in a savage environment. Equipped with incredible Javelin exosuits, a faction known as the Freelancers seeks to tip the balance in mankind’s favor.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    In a world unfinished by EA/Bioware to sell DLC... I kid...
    Nyghthowler[Deleted User]jmcdermottukArglebargleTillerNephethAeanderBillMurphyScotDarkpigeonand 7 others.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Every once in a while some asshole comes and takes a huge shit on my old acquaintance's grave. Its a real shame, I kinda liked the guy... nobody is even cleaning it anymore.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It's got that generic "me too do shooter" vibe to it. I'm just not feeling any interest for this whatsoever.
    kitarad
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    edited June 2018
    I'll be waiting for this to release before making any decision, firstly to see how much they want for the box, secondly to see how badly they try and rip us off with loot crates etc. I suspect that being EA they'll want blood from a stone.

Edit: Third, might be a good idea to wait for some reviews, see if the game's any good. Nearly forgot that one.
    HatefullMadFrenchiekitaradScotDarkpigeon3domAvarixSBFordCazrielThahar
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Can't wait!
    BananaSoup
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2018
    How many of these type of games and from EA have any longevity?If a game has no longevity,then to me it is a cheap quick cash grab.
    There is a growing concern in gaming,devs that have no money and devs that have too much overhead,so neither produces a AAA game.
    As well the high end developers are pusahing the trends of the market,their games are the copy cats and games that get copied so we see a year or so of the same old same old like we are seeing now with the Fortnite type games and before that the LOL games and before that the ARPG games,the market has VERY few intelligent and creative developers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Looking at the gameplay demo, slow movement tps with huge bosses that are likely to be spongy. I have no interest in those kinds of shooters. 
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Bioware...oh how far you've fallen.
    HatefullSBFordRoin
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Iselin said:

It's got that generic "me too do shooter" vibe to it. I'm just not feeling any interest for this whatsoever.

The millennials should love it then.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Rendered cut screens don't excite me for games anymore. My reaction is usually to give props to who produced and created it, but that has nothing to do with what gets me hype for the actual game.

Teaser for a trailer. Cool.

What's up with the game? What are the features? They know the elephant in the room is that Anthem is a Destiny coattail rider. How is it not? What's different? How open world is it? How big are the maps? How immersive will the story be? Will there be choices or will it be linear? Answering a couple questions is what will get me hype.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Tiller said:

Iselin said:

As will anyone who doesn't care about story and setting and just wants to blow shit up.

Every thing they've shown about this title is just shit like "Oh look you can fly!" "look at those graphics!" but nothing that would let me know why you're there, why you're fighting, etc. You know? Like a proper fucking Bioware game used to highlight in all their promos.

Bioware doesn't even exist any more as far as I can tell.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Honestly, I'm not impressed. It just seems so...flat somehow. This is the first game that BioWare has ever made that I am going to pass on. Watching gameplay was "eh".

Makes me pretty sad. BioWare was always my go-to for great action ROLEPLAYING games. This just doesn't give me that vibe. So...whatevs. I'll wait and see.
    EmeraqIselinHatefullBananaSoupShadowStyleBBakgrindDiscipledOneHeretiqueAvarixRhomsand 3 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    edited June 2018

SBFord said:

Honestly, I'm not impressed. It just seems so...flat somehow. This is the first game that BioWare has ever made that I am going to pass on. Watching gameplay was "eh".

Makes me pretty sad. BioWare was always my go-to for great action ROLEPLAYING games. This just doesn't give me that vibe. So...whatevs. I'll wait and see.

Agreed, I think the last bioware sighting was Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 1, and maybe hit and miss in 2.. Sometimes I think I'm seeing them here and there in ME 3, or DAI, but ultimately I think it's just a mirage in the desert playing with my head.
    Emeraq said:

SBFord said:

Agreed, I think the last bioware sighting was Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 1, and maybe hit and miss in 2.. Sometimes I think I'm seeing them here and there in ME 3, or DAI, but ultimately I think it's just a mirage in the desert playing with my head.
    Regardless of whether you liked the other DAs or MEs whenever they used to announce a new one in those series they always highlighted story and setting. Like I said, with Anthem I have no clue where you are or why you're fighting. Story promotion = 0.

That is just such a difference from the traditional Bioware way of promoting that I would never know it was a Bioware game if they didn't use logo. 
    ShadowStyleBSBFordCazriel

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited June 2018

Iselin said:

Tiller said:

Iselin said:

As will anyone who doesn't care about story and setting and just wants to blow shit up.

Every thing they've shown about this title is just shit like "Oh look you can fly!" "look at those graphics!" but nothing that would let me know why you're there, why you're fighting, etc. You know? Like a proper fucking Bioware game used to highlight in all their promos.

Bioware doesn't even exist any more as far as I can tell.

I play KOTOR for the old BW feel. So many little side stories, mysteries, puzzles, all wrapped in one giant story. I wish they would make something like that again, but those days are gone. I think only a few of us care for storytelling like that in games these days. This type of story telling is what is being lumped into the "too linear" category. I never thought I would say this but, openworld no story games suck. Sadly I think this is why EA caned the one Star Wars game they were working on, to many feels and not enough pew-pew. Why can't you have openworld and decent story?
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I am very optimistic but they are not getting one red cent from me until release if then.
    Darkpigeon
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    All I want and expect for it is a third person looter shooter with satisfying gear/character customization. Give me that and I'll buy it, but I won't be buying it until reviews demonstrate that you've given me that.
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    edited June 2018
    It looks generic, common and uninspiring. Last nail in the Bioware's coffin?
    SBFord
    edited June 2018
    Looks boring like some above have said, but of course there are the usual YT cheerleaders mixed in with some saying it looks soulless, or like a warframe clone.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155

Well how many last nails are you anti-bioware anti-EA guys going to be pounding in this coffin of yours?

Well how many last nails are you anti-bioware anti-EA guys going to be pounding in this coffin of yours?
    Enough It can't escape again I guess? Don't ask me, I'm too lazy to do all the hammering.
    Iselin
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited June 2018
    Tiller said:

Enough It can't escape again I guess? Don't ask me, I'm too lazy to do all the hammering.
    Well the non lazy ones have been pounding these nails for years.  I'd rather they pound nails into their own hating on bw/ea coffin it's getting a little old.
  • AzarealAzareal Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Oooooo superhero landing lookit.

lol typical hype vid from just about every game dev out there these days. Show off some cool looking iron man replica suits, lots of explosions and bullets flying around, a couple big monsters, throw in a dusty frontier town and hype the heck out of a game that probably has gameplay enough to last only 5 minutes in reality.
    SBFord
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315
    I agree with most here. I wish they would have done more to tell us the story will be solid. They talked up a lot of the classes and blowing stuff up differently but like someone said not why we are doing it other than the "gods" left. For me not enough WarFrame gameplay and too much Destiny rip off.
    SBFord

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Ranger, Collossus, Storm!

Hunter, Titan, Warlock!

Erm, they won't notice if we add another...

Erm...

Infiltrator!

Sorted.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.