Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valve policy change: All games allowed on Steam

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited June 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:

But he cited scholarly researchers....

And you cited a news outlet that was, quite frankly, about 80% misrepresented bullshit.

But that's okay, I love getting to dominate folks in a debate so easily sometimes.  Gotta love a freebie!
    Remember when you said this:

"you're one of those "the facts only matter when they're my facts" kind of people."

Ah, such similar times.

You can't even address anything point by point that I have said, you dodge it. I think I've been a good sport and addressed everything that you have stated. Avoiding points that you cannot address is not dominating, but I see your true colors here. You're acting out on feelings because you have no facts. Focus less on "dominating" and start participating in the discussion or I'm just going to end it. Your choice.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:

And you cited a news outlet that was, quite frankly, about 80% misrepresented bullshit.

But that's okay, I love getting to dominate folks in a debate so easily sometimes.  Gotta love a freebie!

"you're one of those "the facts only matter when they're my facts" kind of people."

Ah, such similar times.

You can't even address anything point by point that I have said, you dodge it. I think I've been a good sport and addressed everything that you have stated. Avoiding points that you cannot address is not dominating, but I see your true colors here. You acting out on feelings because you have no facts. Focus less on "dominating" and start participating in the discussion.

Cites a bullshit news article that grossly misrepresented Mic.com and Peele to slant a news item, accuses opponent (who cited scholarly research related to the topic) of using feelings instead of facts.

/Facepalm

#LikeAFreeThrowImMoney

NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:

Ah, such similar times.

You can't even address anything point by point that I have said, you dodge it. I think I've been a good sport and addressed everything that you have stated. Avoiding points that you cannot address is not dominating, but I see your true colors here. You acting out on feelings because you have no facts. Focus less on "dominating" and start participating in the discussion.

Cites a bullshit news article that grossly misrepresented Mic.com and Peele to slant a news item, accuses opponent (who cited scholarly research related to the topic) of using feelings instead of facts.

/Facepalm

#LikeAFreeThrowImMoney
    You are correct and I accept that. I didn't know that there was a followup article to the article that I cited. Nevertheless, that does not have any impact what-so-ever on my position in regards to free speech and free markets.

Unlike you, I don't have time to sit around with my soymilk, searching for followup articles that have been published across the internet, daily. I apologize for my slacking off.

Let's pick apart your sources.

First of all, the word "scholarly", doesn't impress me.

Secondly, WHO are these scholars? WHO funds these scholars? What results were they paying for?Are these scholars political activists? What is their agenda?

Seeing how you continue to act like a typical, let's say, child. And continue to "dominate" with /facepalms and hashtags, I'll assume that you have made your choice in regards to my request of you and your behavior from earlier?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Can you guys who arguing back and forth give summary statements. I won't read your verbose statements but it must be some pretty decent debate if you've probably thrown in 5k words on it today. Thanks. 

like include a tl;dr point at the end. 

I have a feeling it will probably be like . . . 

tl;dr:
    so and so is a poopy head :)

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    edited June 2018
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:

Ah, such similar times.

/Facepalm

#LikeAFreeThrowImMoney
    You are correct and I accept that. I didn't know that there was a followup article to the article that I cited. Nevertheless, that does not have any impact what-so-ever on my position in regards to free speech and free markets.

Unlike you, I don't have time to sit around with my soymilk, searching for followup articles that have been published across the internet, daily. I apologize for my slacking off.

Let's pick apart your sources.

First of all, the word "scholarly", doesn't impress me.

Secondly, WHO are these scholars? WHO funds these scholars? What results were they paying for?Are these scholars political activists? What is their agenda?

Seeing how you continue to act like a typical, let's say, child. And continue to "dominate" with /facepalms and hashtags, I'll assume that you have made your choice in regards to my request of you and your behavior from earlier?
    I left a link so you could answer the very questions you just asked.  Go get your answers, I'm not your grade school teacher.

And if you aren't willing to inform yourself on the topic, stay out of it next time.  You'll save yourself some grief.

Can you guys who arguing back and forth give summary statements. I won't read your verbose statements but it must be some pretty decent debate if you've probably thrown in 5k words on it today. Thanks. 

tl;dr:

Sure,

Basically all of us White people have a dormant NAZI inside of us that could be triggered at any moment by a meme, video game, or a shitpost. Because of this, White people need to be monitored and controlled. 

Valve's new policy could lead to genocide according to scholars.

The other side says, stop trying to control others. Valve operates in a free market system, let the markets decide.

CryomatrixJeffSpicoli
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:

I left a link so you could answer the very questions you just asked.  Go get your answers, I'm not your grade school teacher.

And if you aren't willing to inform yourself on the topic, stay out of it next time.  You'll save yourself some grief.
    I already know what commie professors are going to say. That wasn't an answer to any of my questions at all.
    MadFrenchieHatefull
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    NorseGod said:

tl;dr:

Sure,

Basically all of us White people have a dormant NAZI inside of us that could be triggered at any moment by a meme, video game, or a shitpost. Because of this, White people need to be monitored and controlled. 

The other side says, stop trying to control others. Valve operates in a free market system, let the markets decide.

Lol you're assuming those against you aren't white. You also poorly summed up the responses, but it's easier to argue against your own personal arguments rather than the ones posted.  

It's okay, it's a non issue. Whatever will happen will happen whether valve reverses their course or not.  

Trying to diminish others point of view won't change the "lives ruined" by a response to bigotry. The conversation is a fun diversion to an otherwise moot point. 
    MadFrenchieHatefull

NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Phry said:

I already know what commie professors are going to say. That wasn't an answer to any of my questions at all.
    This should tell everyone all they need to know about where your argument comes from.
    NorseGodmaskedweaselcheyanegervaise1Hatefull

NorseGod said:

Lol you're assuming those against you aren't white. You also poorly summed up the responses, but it's easier to argue against your own personal arguments rather than the ones posted.  

It's okay, it's a non issue. Whatever will happen will happen whether valve reverses their course or not.  

Trying to diminish others point of view won't change the "lives ruined" by a response to bigotry. The conversation is a fun diversion to an otherwise moot point. 
    I'm assuming that they are White, as a matter of fact. If you bothered addressing my earlier points, I have stated this and asked if you fall under this racist blanket you cast on the rest of us and if not, how did you exempt yourself?
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:

I'm assuming that they are White, as a matter of fact. If you bothered addressing my earlier points, I have stated this and asked if you fall under this racist blanket you cast on the rest of us and if not, how did you exempt yourself?
    Judge by character. Thats all I can say on that matter. You assume in absolutes. You assume that because I disagree with you I have to disagree with everyone. You assume that because I want some games and communities to have limitations, not by violence, not by content, but by intention, that I want to control the thinking of everyone. LOL 

You took no time to understand the arguments I made, or the content I posted.  You automatically think I'm just attacking the world in hopes to silence them, meanwhile trying to silence me. LOL

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I guess Valve doesn't know what happens when you dont try to stop a flood....ironic that they call themselves Valve....
    maskedweasel
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:

Judge by character. Thats all I can say on that matter. You assume in absolutes. You assume that because I disagree with you I have to disagree with everyone. You assume that because I want some games and communities to have limitations, not by violence, not by content, but by intention, that I want to control the thinking of everyone. LOL 

You took no time to understand the arguments I made, or the content I posted.  You automatically think I'm just attacking the world in hopes to silence them, meanwhile trying to silence me. LOL
    Well, since you LOL your way through that response, you must be right. Good debate. Powerful.
    JeffSpicoli
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:

Well, since you LOL your way through that response, you must be right. Good debate. Powerful.
    Well I literally laughed out loud. It's all a little funny now isn't it. We've gone over everything neither one of us deciding to agree to disagree, and in many cases, it still seems you fail to even see my point of view.  Not that you haven't had the chance, you just contort whats been said by making baseless analogies.  :shrug:   Not to mention the irony of the situation, as I've explained it several times now.  

I think after frenchie and I spent a substantial amount of time getting many of the subject points we mentioned completely skirted or misrepresented, it makes it a lot easier to disassociate from taking this as a serious conversation at this point.
    MadFrenchie

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    blamo2000 said:

Do you think educational institutions are indoctrination camps?

I mean, I encountered all sorts of opinions I didn't agree with in high school especially but thankfully I had learned critical thinking and when I got to college and beyond I picked up some useful skills like calculus and how to read a balance sheet.  It also sparked a lifelong passion (thus far) for geophysical science which I never knew I had.

I don't need to live in a bubble. I'm not afraid to examine and reject ridiculous ideas and repulsive opinions. They can't harm me in nearly the same way as my own complacency has the potential to. 
    The only people scared of having their members subjected to outside thought or different, challenging ideas are cultists.  Cultists are also told to hate outside ideas for them being "evil," because it helps members reject non-cult approved ideas because their hate of it is good because they possess the righteous truth.  Cultists are indoctrinated - that is what makes cults different from normal people and free-thinkers and fair minded people who value freedom and diversity of speech, thought, and ideology.  It is documented fact that colleges (students and administrators) engage in shutting down of free speech by shouting down or engaging in violence against non-cult speakers or presenters.   Hateful, small minded, cult activity in the guise of "tolerance" and "goodness."  

Is this all college kids?  No.  Certainly not.  I doubt it is anywhere close to a majority.  But it is common, accepted and expected and that, in itself, is very scary.  The place and people that should be the most open-minded and open to free thinking and debate shouldn't be taught to be close minded sycophants.  

The free-market place of ideas only works when ideas can be freely presented and debated.  Stalin said something along the lines of "Ideas are more powerful than guns.  We don't let the people have guns; why should we allow them to have ideas?"  
    You're going to have to support that assertion with a citation or two. If it is a documented fact then where has it been documented? Some links to your sources or references including author and publication date will do.

We agree on what a cult is, but thankfully my college experience has been the complete opposite of this.  
    MadFrenchiemaskedweasel

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:

Well I literally laughed out loud. It's all a little funny now isn't it. We've gone over everything neither one of us deciding to agree to disagree, and in many cases, it still seems you fail to even see my point of view.  Not that you haven't had the chance, you just contort whats been said by making baseless analogies.  :shrug:   Not to mention the irony of the situation, as I've explained it several times now.  

I think after frenchie and I spent a substantial amount of time getting many of the subject points we mentioned completely skirted or misrepresented, it makes it a lot easier to disassociate from taking this as a serious conversation at this point.
    You spent your entire time trying to convince me to look under my bed for NAZIs and blame Valve for it.

Fearmongering, backed by nothing outside of your liberal circle-jerk.
    JeffSpicoli
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:

You spent your entire time trying to convince me to look under my bed for NAZIs and blame Valve for it.

LOL point proven.  I say you come up with baseless pointless analogies, you respond with a point perfect fallacy as usual. Rock on man.  

I post links, explain my point of view, you try and discredit me by attacking some kind of "liberal" agenda.  All we need to know about you LOL, good luck out there son. 
    MadFrenchie

NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:

LOL point proven.  I say you come up with baseless pointless analogies, you respond with a point perfect fallacy as usual. Rock on man.  

I post links, explain my point of view, you try and discredit me by attacking some kind of "liberal" agenda.  All we need to know about you LOL, good luck out there son. 
    LOL is not an argument but thanks for acknowledging that I proved a point. 

"good luck out there son" None needed, I'm already living pretty damn comfy, but thanks anyways.
    maskedweasel
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Is anyone keeping score? What side is currently winning the debate?
    maskedweasel
    --------------------------------------------
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Is anyone keeping score? What side is currently winning the debate?
    The good guys 
    maskedweaselNorseGodMadFrenchieWellspring
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited June 2018
    NorseGod said:

tl;dr:

Sure,

I am white, I do not have a Nazi gene, dominant or otherwise and I disagree with just about everything you have said up to this point.

You seriously do not know what a scholar is?

Essentially, you are, at this point, Clown shoes.

Done here.
    MadFrenchiemaskedweasel

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited June 2018
    Hatefull said:
    NorseGod said:

tl;dr:

Sure,

I am white, I do not have a Nazi gene, dominant or otherwise
    That's half of my argument, so you actually do agree.

The other half is free markets should decide Valve's fate. What's your opinion on that?

No need to insult me. That's not very tolerant of people different than you and against the Rules of Conduct. Scholar's have stated that hateful speech leads to violence, which is your position, so you should know better.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    You've heard the quote right. 

Arguing over the internet is like competing in the paraolympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. 

NorseGod
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:

Sir, I don't come here to read about your political views, or issues over race. I come here to read about and discuss games. If I wanted to read a convo like this I would read my twitter feed.
    NorseGod
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter