Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW- Worst community ever?

Wow, I played 3 months of this nice game but the community really sucks it.

I've never see a more immature, wanking, nerdy, geeky, completely lifeless bunch of wankers all bunched up together in one setting.

All you see is dorks running around screaming my guild pwns man, my guild owns yours man.

A bunch of nerds living in their mom's basement walking around with end game equipment and talking cra p . Gonna hit them hard when they realize the game is over and they need to get back to RL.  

Comments

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Alot of WoW starter zones are notorious for the immaturity of the chat.

Things get alot better when you progress to more advanced areas and join a more serious guild

• madfragerismadfrageris Member Posts: 16

There's nothing we can do about it. I joined role-playing server and started enjoying the game even more, both from role-playing and ability to leave these elitists.

My screenshot gallery.

• ke5auxke5aux Member Posts: 158
    WoW has the worst case of Chuck Norris jokes.
    It also tells you something about the game.

For example. How many immature messages have you read in EVE online? NONE. Because all of the l33t kids, after playing the game for 10 minutes, start banging on the keyboard yelling, this game suxxorz! I want uber PvP! Now! What do you mean I have to have basic understanding of economy, politics, science, and chemistry? You mean I have to learn to play?

I quit WoW after the 15th time of running an instance where the group tank was AFK, the Paladin ninja looted and humped everyone. The mage was pulling things, and the rouge was jumping around doing flips... (NE)

Bad community.

So when some l33t kid comes into my store (GameStop) asking for a WoW card I don't even bother starting a converstaion about the last patch, something I would do with an EVE online customer.

• SilthariousSiltharious Member Posts: 52
    I can't deny to you that the WoW community doesn't suck. Because it does. All in all though once you advance in the game you find the mature kids and adults who have the patience and ability to play the game and show themselves worthy to abtain strong items in WoW. Trust me once you get past around level 30-40, the little kids have stopped playing mostly because they just want to sit and do nothing but act immature and dance naked. My friend acts like a little kid and has had the game longer than I, yet he is still level 46 and I've reach level 60 with successful friends and guild. The way you act shows how much you want things on the game. So obviously when these little kids do nothing, they won't get anywhere in a real instance like Zul'Gurrub, or AQ, or Molten Core. I know that in my guild if someone begs to be ran an instances they are kicked from the guild, because its not hard to find a group if you try.  Yes I get tons of those nerds who live in their mom's basement, and yes I'm sick of their crap. You just have to work harder to be better than them.

Who asked you.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by ke5aux
    WoW has the worst case of Chuck Norris jokes.
    It also tells you something about the game.

For example. How many immature messages have you read in EVE online? NONE. Because all of the l33t kids, after playing the game for 10 minutes, start banging on the keyboard yelling, this game suxxorz! I want uber PvP! Now! What do you mean I have to have basic understanding of economy, politics, science, and chemistry? You mean I have to learn to play?

I quit WoW after the 15th time of running an instance where the group tank was AFK, the Paladin ninja looted and humped everyone. The mage was pulling things, and the rouge was jumping around doing flips... (NE)

Bad community.

So when some l33t kid comes into my store (GameStop) asking for a WoW card I don't even bother starting a converstaion about the last patch, something I would do with an EVE online customer.

u cant realy compare 5 mil of people with 100K. Of course you are gonna get more assholes with 5 mils then 100k. And since most of the assholes dont last long and never level high, they tend to stay in lower level zones so you see them there most.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• Static_WolfStatic_Wolf Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Antipathy
    Alot of WoW starter zones are notorious for the immaturity of the chat.

Things get alot better when you progress to more advanced areas and join a more serious guild

What? You'll find way more idiots in end game (lvl 60+) than in the starting stages.

Originally posted by Siltharious
    I can't deny to you that the WoW community doesn't suck. Because it does. All in all though once you advance in the game you find the mature kids and adults who have the patience and ability to play the game and show themselves worthy to abtain strong items in WoW. Trust me once you get past around level 30-40, the little kids have stopped playing mostly because they just want to sit and do nothing but act immature and dance naked. My friend acts like a little kid and has had the game longer than I, yet he is still level 46 and I've reach level 60 with successful friends and guild. The way you act shows how much you want things on the game. So obviously when these little kids do nothing, they won't get anywhere in a real instance like Zul'Gurrub, or AQ, or Molten Core. I know that in my guild if someone begs to be ran an instances they are kicked from the guild, because its not hard to find a group if you try.  Yes I get tons of those nerds who live in their mom's basement, and yes I'm sick of their crap. You just have to work harder to be better than them.

Read my last post.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by ke5aux

So basicly you never have to talk about a latest patch ;)

well WoW's community is pretty immature. there are worse cases tough, such as Guild Wars. I have met both good and crap people in WoW, and I have yet to meet 1 "decent" player in Guild Wars, and I have been playing for a good month now.
  • SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342
    Everyone complains about the horrible community in WoW.   They blame it on "B-Net kiddies" and young age.  The reality is that the majority of people in the world are dumb/annoying/immature.

The more people you have, the more annoying/dumb people you have.  Since WoW has so many players it will obviously have more of said peoples.

It's that easy.

• necrofanaticnecrofanatic Member Posts: 45

Yeah the community is one of the worst and the RP servers that I've been in dont really change(wonder if it's cuz I'm a Dwarf) since I still meet a lot of people that are immature and all the other ailnesses of the community just that they now put RPing as a reason.But hey gotta deal with it cuz u wont really find anything that far apart from what you are already experiencing.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    ok... i agree with u 50%, wow does have the worst community agreed! but wows players arnt nerdy, geeky... they are however lifless bunch of wankers! WoW's immaturity is fkn huge! half the players is under 15 ffs! if i post something on these forums/guild wars forums or any other forums i know for a fact that people will msg back in a mature matter, even if one or two people flame me its just as i said one or two people! if i post something on wow forums all i get is Learn2Plays n00b + cry more nub... it really pisses me off! u cant get a decent answer from the peices of poo! iv been saying for months that wow needs to somehow get minimum age playing the game, 16+ at least with proof of ID or something!

this might not change the community entirely but it will help it a fair bit! wow is a great game, its being ruined by kids! 

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Originally posted by madfrageris

There's nothing we can do about it. I joined role-playing server and started enjoying the game even more, both from role-playing and ability to leave these elitists.

Really thinking about doing the same thing.. I am sick and tired of the community in this game, reminds me of Bnet back in the day.

Cant tell you how much it has changed me personally as well, I hardly want to even help people nowadays. Both in game and in R/L....

I cant believe that some of the FPS games actually have more mature people then what runs around in this game... As has been said before its a good game, but has TEH WORST COMMUNITY EVER....

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    As far as the age thing, im sorry im just not buying into that anymore.. Most of the azzhats that I have met in this gameare all grown up. I know that for a fact by listening to there voices and hearing there wifes/husbands/kids talking over Vent.

Cant put this one on the kids anymore, after all they had to learn there behavior from somewhere....

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Originally posted by Tinybina
    As far as the age thing, im sorry im just not buying into that anymore.. Most of the azzhats that I have met in this gameare all grown up. I know that for a fact by listening to there voices and hearing there wifes/husbands/kids talking over Vent.

Cant put this one on the kids anymore, after all they had to learn there behavior from somewhere....

Agree with Tinybina. I hope these over grown spoon fed dorks rot in this game and dont pollute other mmo's.
  • ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000
    WoW's community isn't that bad, on certain servers.

• FaemusFaemus Member Posts: 321

Community is a funny thing. If you play EVE and make a referrence to "barrens chat" on one of the main channels, everyone automactically knows what you're talking about. (mindless immature drivel)

AND, if you ask how many EVErs played WoW before, more than half will name off their race, class and server. So apparently theres a steady flow of the WoW "community" going from WoW to EVE, but EVE doesn't have nearly as much immaturity (from what I've seen)

So apparently the maturity of the community has something to do with kinds of people who are attracted to certain types of games, but the core mechanics of the game and whether those things promote immaturity and griefing also makes a huge difference. (bored at 60, lets go harrass people in orgrimmar)

-- I need a nerf --

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

I would agree that the community is not the greatest.  Just about the only thing said in cities is "this for sale, that for sale, etc"  not much talking about just whatever.  Not much as far as roleplaying goes, though I joined a server which was supposedly mixed... meh.

Then there's a critical, seriously lopsided problem of goal-seeking mentality.  So you get into a group, you go into the instance and your group for some reason doesn't play the best you'd expect.  I mean, it happens, right?  My reaction to this:  just keep trying, trade tips, teach the others new stuff, just go at it again, that's the point og gaming, right? To try, to learn, and to just see if u can succed with what you have.  But no, there's always the quick dropper-out, the one that's oh soo intelligent and superior, that's just dying to state "this group sucks" and bail.  It takes some 20 mins to assemble a group sometimes because the game is very prone to soloing, so when I have a group, I cherish my group, and if it sucks, well, let's see if we make it not suck for a change.
    But that's why the community sucks in general, there's always someone that just think they're so superior at playing the game or something, they're just waaaaay too cool to hang with us losers, much less have any sort of helpful input. The one that play the game for their enjoyment only and not our enjoyment.  Maybe I've had bad luck lately, but gdamm, recently I've been finding a lot of group abandonment.

Now that I ranted about that, let me tell you that there are also good people in wow.  There are, but they are mostly quietly observing, looking for the ones they feel confortable with, sifting the crap out, looking to the ones that like to play and not just achieve the goal, the ones that like to share and to give, that like to laught and crack jokes and don't think you're stupid for trying something new and different from the norm. The ones that walk by, and though being lvl 60 still ask if we need help finishing that tuff quest, etc.  They are usually already playing in a click of similar people, and that's why it's hard to find them sometimes.  But when u do, it's sure nice.  It feels nice to see someone casually enjoying the game, and not just the goal.  I'm talking about players who, for example, enjoy the fact that you just keep dying time and again and get up and laugh at it and go and try the same exact quest once more, armor all busted and still laugh at it in all good fun.  The ones that risk dying to res the others once more, time and again...  Man, when u do reach the end of a quest with people like that, it's great.  I guess you just have to keep trying till u find them.

I really should have had my character start in a role playing server, for some reason I think the odds of finding people like that would be greatly increased.

Peace

PS: multiple editing becaseu myt fingser aer dylseixci

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• superussuperus Member Posts: 94

I have to say that during my time with WoW I met some really cool and nice people (in my guild) but on the whole I agree that it is the worst community ever found in an online game.  This is largely why I've since quit the game along with the fact it is a farmer's game at 60 and PVP / BG system is a joke.

I truly admire Blizz's art and direction model and the effort and consistency they put into the overall project.  That being said, their simplistic and spoon-fed approach to gameplay obviously attracts immaturity on a grand scale.  This game will remain very popular and successful however, due to the fact there are a lot of morons to be found who have an extra $15 hanging around every month