Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kano was right - the real thread

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Tiller said:
    lol careful, iceage/icedark got banned (again) for making a callout thread.
    Was Ice Dark really Ice Age?
    I didn't realize.. I remember Ice Age to be critical and I had seen some questionable posts by him in the recent past which made me ponder.
    I had no idea though he was banned and came back as that extreme white knight defending this pile of crap for whatever reason.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Dakeru said:
    Tiller said:
    I didn't realize.. I remember Ice Age to be critical and I had seen some questionable posts by him in the recent past which made me ponder.
    I had no idea though he was banned and came back as that extreme white knight defending this pile of crap for whatever reason.
    Everyone has their critic moments...until the object of their desire becomes the target. Then it can do no wrong.
    vandal5627MrMelGibson

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Dakeru said:
    Tiller said:
    I was quite sure it was the same person in fact it was quite hilarious since the pattern of posting and  the defence of the game coupled with his obvious dislike of DMKano was very telling.

I think it was well deserved as it bordered on an obsession.

I know DMKano by now after years on this site he has his foibles but he does not  deliberately lie he may dissemble to an extent but outright lies are not his style.
    Dakerucheyane

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    kitarad said:
    Dakeru said:
    Tiller said:
    I was quite sure it was the same person in fact it was quite hilarious since the pattern of posting and  the defence of the game coupled with his obvious dislike of DMKano was very telling.

I think it was well deserved as it bordered on an obsession.

I know DMKano by now after years on this site he has his foibles but he does not  deliberately lie he may dissemble to an extent but outright lies are not his style.
    Yeah absolutely.
    Though I could imagine that after all the weird white knight nonsense thrown at him he will think twice before speaking up in Trion's favor again lol
    Harbinger of Fools
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited June 2018
    speed hack while "chili-ing" , chili has been nerfed tho 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I haven't seen this first hand, but I don't doubt it's happening, a lot of things are client side, and neowiz isn't in a place to have checks and balances in place to fix this at the moment.  

Finally reached end game though, so I'll see how long that lasts me with classes so terribly unbalanced.
    I have to wondee about the age we now live in.

Game has been out for what, 3 weeks maybe, yet you "finally" reached end game.

My first game, L1 I never reached Lvl 50 after 6 months, (topped at Lvl 48) DAOC it took almost 4 months of fervent play, Shadowbane 3 months to cap, L2 highest character was at 57 (out of 74) in 6 months.

Heck even in WOW my first character, a Pally took 3 months (16 days played) to get to 50 and perhaps another month or so to get attuned and properly geared for MC and Onyxia.

Now, 3 weeks or less to the end.  

Weird.
    maskedweaselGruntyMadFrenchie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    This is a thread about Bless right...just checking?

It seems the dev team are relying on EA to point out all the issues they should have sorted before they got to EA. Now I am in the right sort of thread, I will repeat: there is a reason MMOs used to always wipe before proper launch, does Bless need any more such reasons?
    MadFrenchie
  • maksula234maksula234 Member CommonPosts: 9
    Ok, so seems they reduced the chili price a alot but the damage has already been done... Now they are only punishing the people who didnt do this. The economy is ruined. This made me and few friends of mine quit the game. gg neowiz
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited June 2018
    Kano fanbois now? Dude has reached legend status here for real.

This game is horrible, I bought it and have given it my best but I have no desire to login and play it. Just....meh. Hacks aside...
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Kyleran said:
    I haven't seen this first hand, but I don't doubt it's happening, a lot of things are client side, and neowiz isn't in a place to have checks and balances in place to fix this at the moment.  

Finally reached end game though, so I'll see how long that lasts me with classes so terribly unbalanced.

My first game, L1 I never reached Lvl 50 after 6 months, (topped at Lvl 48) DAOC it took almost 4 months of fervent play, Shadowbane 3 months to cap, L2 highest character was at 57 (out of 74) in 6 months.

Heck even in WOW my first character, a Pally took 3 months (16 days played) to get to 50 and perhaps another month or so to get attuned and properly geared for MC and Onyxia.

Weird.
    I'm not against a long leveling time. especially when that leveling is fun, or there's always something to do.  Near the end I was grasping at quests for adequate rewards. 

But theres a big uphill grind once you reach max level in Bless, so while it took me a couple weeks to get to max level it would take me many more months of very long and consistent play to get close to maxing out abilities.  

The grind has only just begun, but unfortunately I don't know if the content will hold my interest to ever achieve what a maxed out character would look like. 
    KyleranMrMelGibson

Kyleran said:

Weird.
    Why is this weird? No matter if it takes you 3 years or 3 months or 3 days to reach "max level" "end game". You're still doing the same stuff from level 1 to max. You're still going out and fighting monsters, crafting if you choose to, doing dungeons, questing, dying, doing pvp if you choose to, etc etc.

Why are you so focused on the length of time it takes to reach "endgame" when literally the middle is essentially you doing the same stuff? In the end game, it's basically the same too, just usually with more epic looking monsters to fight.

There was this one martial arts mmorpg i used to play years ago, i don't remember the name but the level system followed chinese xianxia type of system. There were 9 groups of level before you became an Immortal, and within each 9 groups were 9 levels. Also you had to level your skills by using them and in order to get new skills you had to find the appropriate skill book. I think the title had "9th" in it.

Anyway, i bring up the game because even after years of playing, no player ever reached Immortal because it would take days just to get like .50% exp at the higher levels. You were still doing the same content however in that game that you would do in Bless, or WoW, or insert any other mmorpg.

So when i see people always focusing on "it's so sad that you can get to end game in < infinity years" i just wonder to myself why does that even matter?

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Asm0deus said:
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Exploit early, exploit often.

Heh the moto of experienced mmo gamers.....lol
    Not really, no. 
    Yes, yes it is.
    Not all experienced gamers. Believe it or not, some actually have integrity I count myself among those gamers.
    Integrity gets you left behind.
    Not really, no I do fine, in life and in game. I will keep my integrity and keep on doing what I do, you and people like you can feel free to stop speaking for the entire gaming culture tough. Thanks.
    laseritMrMelGibson

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited June 2018
    Hatefull said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Asm0deus said:
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Not really, no. 
    Yes, yes it is.
    Not all experienced gamers. Believe it or not, some actually have integrity I count myself among those gamers.
    Not really, no I do fine, in life and in game. I will keep my integrity and keep on doing what I do, you and people like you can feel free to stop speaking for the entire gaming culture tough. Thanks.
    You may be fine, but you are being left behind. It's to be ignorant to say otherwise.

Just like at the start of Legion, there was this dungeon or something that rogues could enter and make massive amounts of gold by pickpocketing demons and getting raid quality boe epics.

Was hotfixed super quick, those that participated in it didn't get a ban because they were just pickpocketing and weren't hacking the game or anything, and they profited immensely or got some insanely good early upgrades for themself or friends.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Sephiroso said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.
    Why is this weird? No matter if it takes you 3 years or 3 months or 3 days to reach "max level" "end game". You're still doing the same stuff from level 1 to max. You're still going out and fighting monsters, crafting if you choose to, doing dungeons, questing, dying, doing pvp if you choose to, etc etc.

Why are you so focused on the length of time it takes to reach "endgame" when literally the middle is essentially you doing the same stuff? In the end game, it's basically the same too, just usually with more epic looking monsters to fight.

There was this one martial arts mmorpg i used to play years ago, i don't remember the name but the level system followed chinese xianxia type of system. There were 9 groups of level before you became an Immortal, and within each 9 groups were 9 levels. Also you had to level your skills by using them and in order to get new skills you had to find the appropriate skill book. I think the title had "9th" in it.

Anyway, i bring up the game because even after years of playing, no player ever reached Immortal because it would take days just to get like .50% exp at the higher levels. You were still doing the same content however in that game that you would do in Bless, or WoW, or insert any other mmorpg.

So when i see people always focusing on "it's so sad that you can get to end game in < infinity years" i just wonder to myself why does that even matter?
    Because at endgame, the totality of the goal becomes gear treadmilling.  I have little desire to run a gear treadmill for the sake of a gear treadmill.

Not only that, but the majority of the time the content at endgame is anything but plentiful enough to keep the game feeling fresh.  Leveling content usually spans multiple zones, and you generally spend less time doing the same content over and over while leveling.

edited June 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.

Well I'm not quite sure. Only MMORPG I've enjoyed in the past 11 years is EVE, all of the others I found severely wanting.

Perhaps its because after over 8 years of playing EVE I still have not run into an "end game."

MrMelGibson

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Weird.
    I'm not against a long leveling time. especially when that leveling is fun, or there's always something to do.  Near the end I was grasping at quests for adequate rewards. 

But theres a big uphill grind once you reach max level in Bless, so while it took me a couple weeks to get to max level it would take me many more months of very long and consistent play to get close to maxing out abilities.  

The grind has only just begun, but unfortunately I don't know if the content will hold my interest to ever achieve what a maxed out character would look like. 
    Once I finally figured that almost every MMORPG out there played exactly the same, repeating the same content endlessly, I lost all interest. 

maskedweasel

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Hatefull said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Asm0deus said:
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Not really, no. 
    Yes, yes it is.
    You sure your name isn't Lovefull? Jokes aside I couldn't agree more, integrity is my business and people value it VERY highly I might say.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir  
    Rhoms
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Kyleran said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.

Well I'm not quite sure. Only MMORPG I've enjoyed in the past 11 years is EVE, all of the others I found severely wanting.

Perhaps its because after over 8 years of playing EVE I still have not run into an "end game."

To me, that just tells me you don't really have an issue with the leveling phase only lasting a short time then. Your problem is with themepark mmorpgs in general and their repetitive nature. Granted i'd argue EVE can be just as repetitive but i won't get into that lol.

But i'd say your viewpoint is completely normal i'd say since themepark mmo's aren't for everyone and people's taste changes overtime so its natural that some may grow to dislike them or just never did in the first place.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Once I finally figured that almost every MMORPG out there played exactly the same, repeating the same content endlessly, I lost all interest. 

Hey Kyleran, 

This is the exact 100% reason I can barely play any MMORPG. I feel they are just skins of each other. EVE is different. I'm in an ultra cheap mode in my life or else I may go back to EVE. I went back recently and had a character skilling for about 8 months without playing but I cut it just to save $15 a month (Wife spends like $100 a day on bullshit) . . . 

But yeah EVE = best game ever. If I go back to EVE, I'm gonna join your null-sec corp or join Goonswarm lol. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Client side is BAD news, yeah. You'd think that Asian developers would've gotten the memo by now, but... nope. Western gamers can't be trusted with ANYTHING. Especially MMO ones. =/
    is there a cultural difference when it comes to video game exploitation?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

edited June 2018
    Client side is BAD news, yeah. You'd think that Asian developers would've gotten the memo by now, but... nope. Western gamers can't be trusted with ANYTHING. Especially MMO ones. =/
    is there a cultural difference when it comes to video game exploitation?
    There's a difference to what different cultures will put up with i think. But video game exploitation is exploitation no matter where it happens.

It just comes down to if the average player in an area is okay with it or not. I've never played an eastern mmo with them nor do i understand the language so i don't know how eastern players feel regarding these issues.

I'd be curious to know if they dislike stuff like game clients having so much power and potential to be abused like western gamers do or not. Just because all their games have it doesn't mean their players aren't admonishing devs for it.

Western players used to hate on founders pack and rampant dlc games yet it's become the norm now. I could easily see a similar situation happening in the east.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Hey Kyleran, 

This is the exact 100% reason I can barely play any MMORPG. I feel they are just skins of each other. EVE is different. I'm in an ultra cheap mode in my life or else I may go back to EVE. I went back recently and had a character skilling for about 8 months without playing but I cut it just to save $15 a month (Wife spends like $100 a day on bullshit) . . . 

But yeah EVE = best game ever. If I go back to EVE, I'm gonna join your null-sec corp or join Goonswarm lol. 
    There was this guy complaining about his wife spending money and how he only spends pittance in a month. So I asked him why he let her. He said "She earns the money". I laughed so much I fell off the chair. 

I don't spend my husband's money like that although I am a housewife but this guy complaining about his wife and then not doing anything about it because he could not made me laugh.
    Kyleran

kitarad said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Hey Kyleran, 

There was this guy complaining about his wife spending money and how he only spends pittance in a month. So I asked him why he let her. He said "She earns the money". I laughed so much I fell off the chair. 

I don't spend my husband's money like that although I am a housewife but this guy complaining about his wife and then not doing anything about it because he could not made me laugh.
    I keep asking my wife if I can quit work and become a house husband, but she says no way, not until she gets to do it first.

Bleah....

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    There is a new exploit going on. This time on the market place. You can put your weapons/items into the market, and then take them down constantly. This method tricks the market into thinking that such item was sold.

Which means you can place the weapon or item to any price you wish. 

Kyleran
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I don't think that's from the western client.  It says SLV level and I thought that wasn't in the game for the west yet.