Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kano was right - the real thread

simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
I know the mocking thread got locked and some guys were banned, but the "hacks" seem real.

Blaze_Rockermaksula234[Deleted User]Octagon7711Viper482

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821
    Yep, that is definitely someone flying in Bless Online.

I almost wish Ice Dark/Ice Age wasnt banned so we could see how he would spin this.
    Almost.

Also, this is why you severely limit what is handled client side in MMOs.
    Blaze_RockerOctagon7711
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I have a hard time imagining a competent dev team was blindsided by these exploits.  They should've seen them coming about the time "client-side" was mentioned.
    [Deleted User]Blaze_RockerGyva02EponyxDamor[Deleted User]RhomsOctagon7711

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I saw this going on in Murabi yesterday night. I don't even bother saying too much. It's not worth the circle of arguing that follows. 

It seems the whole world is getting polarized across fact/spin, correct/excuse, and ethics/pandering

Maybe it's the environment (I know, I know, there's no such thing) causing half the population to either go full on stupid or full on oversensitive but being in the middle of it is frustrating as hell.
    HatefullSBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonWaanKyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Miss Piggy can fly... who knew?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Aw geez, Neowiz - come on.  Get it together.  I want to buy this game, but lord have mercy, if this keeps up, I'll squeeze my nickel til the buffalo farts.
    [Deleted User]Cryomatrixsynn

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    lol careful, iceage/icedark got banned (again) for making a callout thread.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    I haven't seen this first hand, but I don't doubt it's happening, a lot of things are client side, and neowiz isn't in a place to have checks and balances in place to fix this at the moment.  

Finally reached end game though, so I'll see how long that lasts me with classes so terribly unbalanced.

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Why does it have its own animation? Least for moving upwards... forward looks like you would imagine but the boost up has an animation...
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    DXSins said:
    Why does it have its own animation? Least for moving upwards... forward looks like you would imagine but the boost up has an animation...
    He's using the dodge move "blink" to move upwards.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I just think it's cool that someone knows enough to be able to interface with a game and discover this stuff.

It's crappy if they take advantage of players but cool that it can be done.
    BorlucHatefull
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    I have a hard time imagining a competent dev team was blindsided by these exploits.  They should've seen them coming about the time "client-side" was mentioned.
    $$$>Doing the right thing...
    Nilden
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Sovrath said:
    I just think it's cool that someone knows enough to be able to interface with a game and discover this stuff.

It's crappy if they take advantage of players but cool that it can be done.
    If you can modify a file you can accomplish this. A perfect example of why having too much access client side is a bad thing.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• maksula234maksula234 Member CommonPosts: 9
    I also keep hearing about a chili exploit? Anyone know what this is?
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Exploit early, exploit often.

Heh the moto of experienced mmo gamers.....lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Not really, no. 

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Hatefull said:
    Asm0deus said:
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Not really, no. 
    Yes, yes it is.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Gyva02 said:
    $$$>Doing the right thing...
    For some game companies, it's true, but $$$ also comes from making a great game and being honest and transparent with its community.  The players should vote with their money and leave these poor examples.

A few days ago, I thought Neowiz hit rock bottom and was on the way to recovering.  Maybe not quite yet.

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Client side is BAD news, yeah. You'd think that Asian developers would've gotten the memo by now, but... nope. Western gamers can't be trusted with ANYTHING. Especially MMO ones. =/
    HatefullMrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Nyctelios said:
    Street Fighter 30th (SF2, dash, turbo) edition has bugs from US SNES version..... Some companies wants your money first, then assure quality second.

Vanishing Dhalsim, triple ghost pile driver... Handcuffs frozen Guile... All there. Things there were fixed in another ports.

Just like Bless has issues from previous launches even after devs claimed they worked to solve those things.
    I don't remember street fighter failing its previous launches but I could be wrong. 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    I'm not trying to find the original link, but sometime around 2003, a major developer said, "Don't trust the client.  The client is in the hands of the enemy."  If you're trusting the client with things that matter, that's not incompetence.  That's not caring about hacks.
    MadFrenchieRhoms[Deleted User]DakeruScotsynn
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    DMKano said:

Its a huge issue because of how imbalanced this is to the economy and again how a few players have been keeping this secret and raking in 100s of gold per hour.

It's the NWO Cat-astrophe all over again.
    MrMelGibson
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    Quizzical said:
    I'm not trying to find the original link, but sometime around 2003, a major developer said, "Don't trust the client.  The client is in the hands of the enemy."  If you're trusting the client with things that matter, that's not incompetence.  That's not caring about hacks.
    Precisely.  There's no way the devs had no idea what kind of hacking was possible by leaving so much to the client.

They went ahead anyways knowing the game was fatally flawed, even after it failed to make a spectacular splash in the other regions.  Pubs truly have given up on this genre here in the West.  Either that, or the international stereotype about Americans being self-absorbed ignoramuses is so prevalent that the foreign publisher thought the American customers wouldn't even notice enough to hack it if they ported. :D
    Hatefull[Deleted User]

Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Asm0deus said:
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Not really, no. 
    Yes, yes it is.
    Not all experienced gamers. Believe it or not, some actually have integrity I count myself among those gamers.
    Rhomsmaskedweasel[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Hatefull said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Hatefull said:
    Asm0deus said:
    DMKano said:

...snip...

Not really, no. 
    Yes, yes it is.
    Not all experienced gamers. Believe it or not, some actually have integrity I count myself among those gamers.
    Integrity gets you left behind.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Nyctelios said:
    Street Fighter 30th (SF2, dash, turbo) edition has bugs from US SNES version..... Some companies wants your money first, then assure quality second.

Vanishing Dhalsim, triple ghost pile driver... Handcuffs frozen Guile... All there. Things there were fixed in another ports.

Just like Bless has issues from previous launches even after devs claimed they worked to solve those things.
    I heard they purposely did this for authenticity to the arcade versions. That's where most of the bugs came from, though allowing cheat code ST Akuma into ranked play was too far (considering he's been banned from tournaments since 2009).

You'd have a case if these bugs were showing up in Street Fighter IV or V.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯