Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

While Stability & Tech Issues Have Been the Focus, There's More to the Roadmap - Conan Exiles - MMOR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWhile Stability & Tech Issues Have Been the Focus, There's More to the Roadmap - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - The Conan Exiles site has been updated with a new developer blog to inform players about forthcoming features and improvements. While the focus since launch has been fixing stability and other technical issues, the team wants the community to know that "there is more to our roadmap" than these issues. To that end, readers are treated to a brief look at what they can expect to see in-game over the coming weeks and months.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    This is one of the few games I have tried recently that keeps me coming back. It does have issues, at time some real game breaking issues, but the Devs do a good enough job of getting things fixed and moving. Worth a look if you are interested in the survival Genre.
    [Deleted User]AlomarmgilbrtsnTokkenTacticalZombeh

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I couldn't get into it solo. I may download it again if I find a server that seems pretty cool and well-curated by the owners.
    [Deleted User]Hatefull

• PreciousmiPreciousmi Member CommonPosts: 1
    This game was really not ready for release there are so many bugs it can be very frustrating. Having said that I still play almost every day and they do have a lot of room to grow
    Hatefull
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Still has Denuvo no wonder there are performance issues with capped Virtual Machine Code & Limits game would work better without (Piracy isn't as bad as they claim).
    Alomar
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Already uninstalled, it uses way too much RAM and its unplayable for me. Apparently the PS4 version is more stable so when that version gets a juicy discount i'll probably buy it there. I do like the game.
    [Deleted User]

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Already uninstalled, it uses way too much RAM and its unplayable for me. Apparently the PS4 version is more stable so when that version gets a juicy discount i'll probably buy it there. I do like the game.

Oh wow...I play it on a lap top I admit it is a gaming laptop but it's also about 5 years old at this point and it runs fine. Sorry it does not run for you. I hope the PS4 version goes on sale soon!
    Alomar

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Hatefull said:

Oh wow...I play it on a lap top I admit it is a gaming laptop but it's also about 5 years old at this point and it runs fine. Sorry it does not run for you. I hope the PS4 version goes on sale soon!
    yeah man, i've tried everything to no avail. It's just the massive RAM usage that is making it unplayable. And no other game does this, no matter how high the requirements are. It's just this game. I played the entire game in single player mode and it was only bearable when RAM usage was below 5GB which lasted for less than a hour. After that it went up to 6-7GB+ and became unplayable.
    Hatefull

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    edited June 2018
    I'm enjoying this game but man do they need to get it together. They migrated the East Coast servers and screwed something up ping was over 1000 for 2 days, looks like they finally decided to go have a look and find out what the problem was and fixed it today.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I had planned to only play this for several weeks then play Bless, after the Bless fiasco I ended up staying. I'm approaching 500 hours with no sign of ending anytime soon. I'm not a huge survival fan, but since every mmo within recent years has been garbage, open world survivals are as close as they come.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
    edited June 2018
    So i just reinstalled the game and started a clean slate, tried online and it worked fine and i'm currently trying single player again and so far it is working fine. Before, i had to set settings to low and still got really bad gameplay due to massive RAM usage. Somehow now it is running really smooth. The game is only using about 3.5GB of RAM compared to 6-7GB+ before and the settings are set to the highest! For the first time since alpha the game is playable on my PC. Damn it feels good. I hope whatever was causing such problems never comes back.

• KraykaKrayka Member UncommonPosts: 28

Hatefull said:

yeah man, i've tried everything to no avail. It's just the massive RAM usage that is making it unplayable. And no other game does this, no matter how high the requirements are. It's just this game. I played the entire game in single player mode and it was only bearable when RAM usage was below 5GB which lasted for less than a hour. After that it went up to 6-7GB+ and became unplayable.

My buddy has 32gb of RAM and his physical memory usage in this game is upwards of 99% all the time when running the game. Something is seriously wrong with the memory usage of this game. Not that it matters, we’ve both stopped playing after two weeks due to a major lack of content when level cap is reacted. Such a shame... this game could’ve been the absolute best game released in years if Failcom wasn’t at the helm. This release is shaping up to be nearly as bad as AoC, another game that could’ve been absolutely amazing but fell far short of it due to incompetent devs. Funcom needs to sell the rights to the Conan IP so a company with a certain level of competence can make a Conan game correctly.
    Krayka said:

Hatefull said:

My buddy has 32gb of RAM and his physical memory usage in this game is upwards of 99% all the time when running the game. Something is seriously wrong with the memory usage of this game. Not that it matters, we’ve both stopped playing after two weeks due to a major lack of content when level cap is reacted. Such a shame... this game could’ve been the absolute best game released in years if Failcom wasn’t at the helm. This release is shaping up to be nearly as bad as AoC, another game that could’ve been absolutely amazing but fell far short of it due to incompetent devs. Funcom needs to sell the rights to the Conan IP so a company with a certain level of competence can make a Conan game correctly.
    Yeah i hope they keep expanding the game content-wise. I played it entirely offline and after getting ready to "end" the game i felt like there was nothing more to do. Hopefully they use the mechanic of freeing yourself from the bracelet to eventually expand the game beyond the walls of death at some point.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    DLC, is it free? if not i will wait for the game to get FIXED before putting any more money into it.
    Alomar
  • KraykaKrayka Member UncommonPosts: 28

Krayka said:

Hatefull said:

Yeah i hope they keep expanding the game content-wise. I played it entirely offline and after getting ready to "end" the game i felt like there was nothing more to do. Hopefully they use the mechanic of freeing yourself from the bracelet to eventually expand the game beyond the walls of death at some point.

I’m pretty sure Funcom has stated they have no plans to increase the map size in the future. The biomes at launch will be the only biomes we’ll see on the map. Maybe they’ll release another completely different map at some point though. Either way, I got my $30 out of the game, but I’m still rather disappointed. I was expecting to play this game for months, but I only lasted about two weeks... same goes for the rest of my server. It was constantly at 40/40 people at launch, now it’s lucky to have 20 people online during prime time. Most people that used exploration XP to quickly level to 60 in a very short period of time have left simply because there’s just nothing exciting to do after you hit 60 and run all the dungeons and get the crafting patterns from the stone tablets around the world. Raiding is rather boring and useless as gathering materials from the world is so damn quick and easy, especially when there’s absolutely zero chance you’ll ever get ganked, even with multiple people all trying to kill you. It’s just too easy to flee and there’s nothing anyone can do to catch you if you’re in light armor and have some points invested into grit. On that note as well, with official servers having a population cap of 40 people, you can easily play the game for hours without ever encountering another person. The map is way too large for such a paltry server cap. I don’t foresee this game having much longevity due to the issues outlined above. People will play it for a short time and then uninstall it and forget it ever existed.
    rojoArcueid
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    edited June 2018

DLC, is it free? if not i will wait for the game to get FIXED before putting any more money into it.

No, it won't be free. This is a cosmetic only DLC that we will release in June. This culture pack, inspired by the country of Khitai in Hyboria, is made by our amazing character and 3D artists. They don't work on code or gameplay updates, and the making of these DLC packs will have no impact on the further development of Conan Exiles. All of the above recipes will become accessible through the Khitan Artisan station, which is available after purchasing the DLC. As already mentioned this is a purely cosmetic DLC pack that won't affect gameplay balance. You're not buying power, just looks. https://steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/1669027920908390422
    Post edited by LeFantome on

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Looking at the page linked, they are planning healing arrows . . . . o_O
    Just get sorcery going guys! No technical excuses not to put it in.
    [Deleted User]LeFantomerojoArcueid
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

Krayka said:

Krayka said:

Hatefull said:

I’m pretty sure Funcom has stated they have no plans to increase the map size in the future. The biomes at launch will be the only biomes we’ll see on the map. Maybe they’ll release another completely different map at some point though. Either way, I got my $30 out of the game, but I’m still rather disappointed. I was expecting to play this game for months, but I only lasted about two weeks... same goes for the rest of my server. It was constantly at 40/40 people at launch, now it’s lucky to have 20 people online during prime time. Most people that used exploration XP to quickly level to 60 in a very short period of time have left simply because there’s just nothing exciting to do after you hit 60 and run all the dungeons and get the crafting patterns from the stone tablets around the world. Raiding is rather boring and useless as gathering materials from the world is so damn quick and easy, especially when there’s absolutely zero chance you’ll ever get ganked, even with multiple people all trying to kill you. It’s just too easy to flee and there’s nothing anyone can do to catch you if you’re in light armor and have some points invested into grit. On that note as well, with official servers having a population cap of 40 people, you can easily play the game for hours without ever encountering another person. The map is way too large for such a paltry server cap. I don’t foresee this game having much longevity due to the issues outlined above. People will play it for a short time and then uninstall it and forget it ever existed.

Me and my guildies were in the same boat, because we had played official servers at EA launch and The Frozen North's release. Yet, at the full launch we decided to play on the world's most active (per 24 hours player count) private server that hold 70. These servers have active admins that not just root out cheating/rule abuse, but also host events and make the enjoyment of the game significantly more than if you only played on an official. Obviously, private servers have always had the risk of admins showing favor or acting improperly, but the two we've played on have had nothing of the sort.

The size of the map is not meant for 40 people, it's simply too stale. On these servers you don't just get 70 online every night, but more waiting to get in. Rather than exhausting the game's features, content is created from the interaction between players, good and bad. The two servers that we've played on and I'd recommend, both are PvP btw, are Thoth-Amon RP-PvP and Sanctuary RP/PVP.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

Looking at the page linked, they are planning healing arrows . . . . o_O
    Just get sorcery going guys! No technical excuses not to put it in.

Sorcery would be glorious in this game. Different types of magic based on the different religions who practice them.