Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community Frustration Growing Over Hacks / Cheats Without Repercussion - Black Desert Online - MMORP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCommunity Frustration Growing Over Hacks / Cheats Without Repercussion - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - The Black Desert Online community is in an uproar over the seemingly endless rise in hacking and bot use in the game. "Players have been complaining for nearly 2 years now and Kakao, the publisher, haven't budged at all whilst the number of hackers/botters increases" our tipster wrote. "We even have cases of users who have been speed hacking for 6 months with multiple reports still being able to play the game".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    edited June 2018
    Its a drop in the bucket compared to most every other MMORPG out. Just that bdo has some zealots vocal minority types that spam the forums. Hope they ban the cheaters but due to the games tight restrictions on player trading the dmg is minimal and has little effect on most players (besides the self entittled whiners that think the marketplace was design to only serve them and cry if they don't win every bid they attempt lol).

Playing off and on for 2 years solid for the last 6 months never seen a cheater, have no problems winning my share of marketplace bids. Scour youtube literally 3 extremely short videos that all seem to be of the same berserker if "everyone" was hacking would see plenty of videos of places filled with hackers yet there isnt. Your first video is just a entitled kid who thinks the game revolves around himself demanding kakao reach out and talk to him (really just trying to impose himself as the "community content guy" for bdo to make himself money lol) he doesn't even put in effort to even capture a single clip of all the "hackers in the game" yet if they are everywhere it should been simple ? Your second video is the same old only berserker that i beleive was a short duration bug that was fixed and not even the clip of the actual speed hack that everyone is crying about (again its like 3 clips of the same berserker that everyone is knee jerking over lol but that wasnt your clip).
    SBFordAsch126RoinNephethKyleraninfomatz
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855
    Dear God you have no idea what you are talking about.

You dont see hackers running around everywhere because they are speed hacking and whenever someone comes near them they instantly channel change.

Hystria is overrun with hackers. You can get these hacks for free or if you want to make your own hacks you buy the source code for like $2.

Also, the marketplace is in shambles because of every kind of bot you can think of. Fishing bots, processing bots, worker bots, auction bots.

BDO is crashing hard and Kakao doesnt care and their anti-cheat program XignCode is completely useless.
    [Deleted User]
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    From the point of view of experienced gamers here; Do highly competitive mmo's like BDO or other pvp centric games breed this sort of behavior in general?

Seems as though we have discussed this issue going back to NC Soft's Lineage 2. What do you folks think?

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

@DMKano, yeah I considered the question of Korean gaming companies forcing us to download this so called software. Spyware? Not sure, but boy am I a true skeptic when it comes to these types of software forced on consumers.

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Hopefully this will be a lesson to other future MMORPGs, not to neglect protecting against hackers early on during a game's development.
    alyndale
    --------------------------------------------
    @Wellspring, How though, without compromising our privacy?

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

DMKano said:

Xiaoki said:

Dear God you have no idea what you are talking about.

You dont see hackers running around everywhere because they are speed hacking and whenever someone comes near them they instantly channel change.

Hystria is overrun with hackers. You can get these hacks for free or if you want to make your own hacks you buy the source code for like $2.

Also, the marketplace is in shambles because of every kind of bot you can think of. Fishing bots, processing bots, worker bots, auction bots.

BDO is crashing hard and Kakao doesnt care and their anti-cheat program XignCode is completely useless.

Truth be told every "anti-cheat" tool that is running on cient PCs can be bypassed with relative ease - due to the nature that its running on client.

It's the same thing with Hacks. Hacking things that are client side are way easier than if they were server side. It's weird how easy it is to hack games sometimes. I remember Maplestory had a lot of things handled client side like health and skill damage, so you saw a lot of people using god mode and one hit kills because cheat engine worked on Maplestory.

Couldn't they implement a system where if X skill is used too many times, log the player out or something? Or maybe if player isn't touching the ground for X amount of time log out. Or over a certain speed. I feel like that is how some games do it.
    alyndale said:
    Utilizing the server more and not putting everything on the client. They can't use the server for everything because it affects performance.

But, things like speed hacking, combat speed, player/npc locations, teleportation, should be monitored by the server -- not just the client, like it traditionally has been in MMORPGs.
    alyndale
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited June 2018
    This is a game in early access, it needs at least another a year before launch. Just prior to that they should wipe the servers and award cash shop credits for players to rebuy any items they purchased. There are reasons it always used to be done this way, this thread is pointing one of them out.

Edit: I thought it was Bless again, going to have to actually read the article before I assume Bless is in trouble again! :)
    Post edited by Scot on
    [Deleted User]IselinNephethinfomatz
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    alyndale said:
    Utilizing the server more and not putting everything on the client. They can't use the server for everything because it affects performance.

But, things like speed hacking, combat speed, player/npc locations, teleportation, should be monitored by the server -- not just the client, like it traditionally has been in MMORPGs.
    it would be impossible to do in bdo without recoding everything from scratch. the servers are already on their knees during nodewars and sieges, if you put any more load on the servers, they would fry.
    as kano said, it would involve heavy logging and that costs money. PA/kakao are horribly greedy and will probably never do that.
    hacks have been running since release in bdo and will continue to ruin the economy until something drastic (which will never happen) is done.
    hackers were at least discrete until recently where they just stopped giving a fuck (which coincidently happened after all of the recent horrible patches) and gave away their hacks for free.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Scot said:

This is a game in early access, it needs at least another a year before launch

BDO is in early access?
    ananit said:
    alyndale said:

it would be impossible to do in bdo without recoding everything from scratch. the servers are already on their knees during nodewars and sieges, if you put any more load on the servers, they would fry.
    as kano said, it would involve heavy logging and that costs money. PA/kakao are horribly greedy and will probably never do that.
    hacks have been running since release in bdo and will continue to ruin the economy until something drastic (which will never happen) is done.
    hackers were at least discrete until recently where they just stopped giving a fuck (which coincidently happened after all of the recent horrible patches) and gave away their hacks for free.
    Agreed, it's too late for BDO. That's why my first comment was that hopefully other devs can learn from the mistakes of BDO, and make it a real priority early during development.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    Scot said:
    This is a game in early access, it needs at least another a year before launch. Just prior to that they should wipe the servers and award cash shop credits for players to rebuy any items they purchased. There are reasons it always used to be done this way, this thread is pointing one of them out.
    What??  It's 2018, give them credits to rebuy all the items they already bought?  Where the hell is your head at man?  You'd never make it as a publisher.

You give them partial credit for the purchases they made during Early Access so they can buy some of the items back, but they have to pay you even more to get it all!  Bonus points if you trick the entire playerbase into passively accepting it by increasing the item prices right after the refund instead of just giving them half of their credits back.

DMKano said:
    Scot said:
    Maybe confusing BDO with Bless?
    Edit:  Yes, I thought it was Bless again, going to have to actually read the article before I assume Bless is in trouble again! :)
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    If I remember something I read a few years ago about developer concerns in regards to third party tools, most dont care unless its something like speed-hacking simply because it alters the game's existing code in order to implement, where as something like a bot just sends information to the game without altering anything. Then again that is developers if that is true and not publishers, such as kakao, so concerns could vary greatly.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    We're updating our article, but the BDO site has a new post:

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/not-only-hystria-hacks-and-other-cheats.220986/

Cheaters bring a lot of frustration to us true gamers, and we want to be able to play and compete fairly together. Knowing that others were getting ahead by cheating leaves a sour taste in all of our mouths. We’ve been acutely aware of the views and anger that many of you have shared across multiple platforms over the last few weeks, and we’ve been working to identify those malicious players to execute a thorough ban wave.

We understand and share your desire to see swift action on this topic, so please know that we are continually looking at ways to improve our processes of gathering data and be aware that the amount of work that goes into ensuring we have perfect ban waves is extensive and takes time. Please also remember that ban waves are indeed waves, and while we can be sure we haven’t caught everyone yet, we’ll keep working on this and more will follow.

Now, onto the part, you’ve been waiting for!

Accounts found to be using software to increase movement or attack speed: 356
    Accounts found to be using software to automate an in-game process: 382
    Total accounts found to be using unauthorized software: 738

All of these accounts have now been banned from accessing Black Desert Online.

Thank you to all those who raised awareness for this issue and remained patient as we investigated and compiled the data.

I’ll see you all for the next ban wave.

-BDO Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

"I’ll see you all for the next ban wave.

-BDO Team"

Well presumably not the players who have been banned. :)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Scot said:

DMKano said:

Scot said:

Edit:  Yes, I thought it was Bless again, going to have to actually read the article before I assume Bless is in trouble again! :)

lol
    You botting your game defending? xD
    Scot[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Tiller said:

Scot said:

DMKano said:

Scot said:

lol
    Telling them they needed to wipe the server was hardly defending, I think I have just got used to seeing a Bless show stopper thread every couple of days. :)
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Horrible community of "PvPers".
    They deserve nothing else but pain and misery.

On the other hand, the developer and the publisher as well, are unable to correct or fix this kind of behavior due to the lack of game-structure or proper systems in place that will render it impossible to cheat. The gravest issue is the marketplace, tied to the economy and to those annoying bots that will buy anything that's sought after. Every time there's a new character/class released, it's impossible to even buy the necessary gear to progress or to lessen the grinding. How the hell can a core system can be so messed up for such a long time ?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Torval said:
    Thanks for the update Suzie. 738 seems like an awfully low number for a game this popular with a bot problem. If it's effective great, but if it's not then they haven't really done anything at all.

I guess it depends on if I feel the botting affects me. It did in Lineage and it's why I stopped playing. It ruined the fun and I couldn't overlook it.

The way I play WoW, ESO, LotRO, and SWL, the only cheaters I have to deal with are the chat spammers. Other than that I don't feel like cheating impacts me directly. I don't see bots when I play those games, but I know they're there because of the spammers. When I start to see them a lot in a game I stop playing. I don't want to even deal with it.

"popular" lol
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Scot said:
    Tiller said:

Scot said:

DMKano said:

Scot said:

lol
    Telling them they needed to wipe the server was hardly defending, I think I have just got used to seeing a Bless show stopper thread every couple of days. :)
    Yeah I was jokingly referring to the "game in early access" defense lots of people here use lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2018
    Tiller said:
    Scot said:
    Tiller said:

Scot said:

DMKano said:

Scot said:

lol
    Yeah I was jokingly referring to the "game in early access" defense lots of people here use lol.
    In all fairness, it isn't used as a defense, it has been promoted and on sale as such. It is almost impossible buying the game without knowing it is an EA title. The only defense comes from the ones saying "but it shouldn't be EA because different countries and clients" and "this isn't EA because of arbitrary feeling XYZ". In other words, projecting their own opinions over a different reality so it clashes and they blame the game instead of themselves. Funny how that works, and I even refunded the game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

DMKano said:

mmrv said:

Its a drop in the bucket compared to most every other MMORPG out. Just that bdo has some zealots vocal minority types that spam the forums. Hope they ban the cheaters but due to the games tight restrictions on player trading the dmg is minimal and has little effect on most players (besides the self entittled whiners that think the marketplace was design to only serve them and cry if they don't win every bid they attempt lol).

Playing off and on for 2 years solid for the last 6 months never seen a cheater, have no problems winning my share of marketplace bids. Scour youtube literally 3 extremely short videos that all seem to be of the same berserker if "everyone" was hacking would see plenty of videos of places filled with hackers yet there isnt.

Your first video is just a entitled kid who thinks the game revolves around himself demanding kakao reach out and talk to him (really just trying to impose himself as the "community content guy" for bdo to make himself money lol) he doesn't even put in effort to even capture a single clip of all the "hackers in the game" yet if they are everywhere it should been simple ?

Your second video is the same old only berserker that i beleive was a short duration bug that was fixed and not even the clip of the actual speed hack that everyone is crying about (again its like 3 clips of the same berserker that everyone is knee jerking over lol but that wasnt your clip).

You sir are completely misinformed.

Speedhackers are hard to "see" - the hacking has gotten rampant in the last week due to public and free release of the hacking tool used to speedhack/bot.

Look at the state of AH - every TRI+ item is immediately sold via preorder for absurd prices.

Where are all these billions of silver suddenly comming from?

Yeah...

Nope it is you that is misinformed and just spreading more rumors with your lack of actual understanding of most everything.

1) everything cant be instantly bought off the market with pre orders as only ~30% of all listings will become available for pre order purchases the other ~70% will go up for bids at max price. We wont evne mention that the game is 2+ years deep and many people legitimately have billions from extensive worker empires using tradings etc... so that fact someone has a few billion for a pre order means nothing.

2)Top guild members for example get ~600 million a week pay outs from owning castles....that is free on top of anything else the player earns for themselves. The billions are from people who actually play the game as opposed to live on mmorpg forums. A solid player will make easily in excess of 2-3 billion a month and has been doing it for a year+. My good friend make a billion last week just gathering to get sharps and hards which he sold...he has a gear score of 430 so he isnt even some epic hardcore player he just returned after being gone over a year.

3) Hey guy i go to hysteria I know what the hack does, you can absolutely see the players before they swap channels and you can see the long path of dead mob bodies left behind.... Fact is go load into hysteria and be prepared to see near full spawns in every channel you load into, if it was filled with hackers every channel would have half dead spawns even if the hacker insta changed channels.

Seriously stop with all the dam gossip spreading and misinformation. The real problem is casual joe who thinks he should be the richest guy in the game because he grinds sausans for 1 hour every other day. You are so out of touch of what hardcore players do. there is some dude who streams I saw the other day he manages 25 accounts logs in every day....at the end of each month he buy 5000 yes 5000 pile fe scrolls with the money from each alt account and then does 1000 pila fe boss scrolls with his viewers the result is he will then sell 10000 memory fragments when he is done. To average joe like you you are like "man someone is hacking memory fragments 10k just went onto the market today! He then does the same for awakened boss scrolls, keep in mind this doesnt even touch what he does with his regular playtime...

DMKano said:

i've not seen one person hacking in bdo since i bought the game two years ago . .....

How many hours have you spent in Hysteria dungeon in the last month?

Probably zero.

Guess where 99% of the hackers are?

Wonder why you havent seen them..

Bzzzt wrong, I spent ~30 hours there in the last 2 weeks. Guess what I saw 1 hacker, and it had no impact on me because there was still plenty for me to kill. Is it annoying? sure, is cheating lame and needing to be dealt with yes. Is is some rampant issue? Lol nope.
    Kyleran