Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job Posting Confirms 'Unannounced Diablo Project' - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm guessing some kind of online survival open world Diablo :-p. Just kidding, not sure what it will be. If it's a Diablo MMO great. But personally, I'd still prefer a Starcraft MMO.
    [Deleted User]Xarko
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    I agree StarCraft would be a much better fit for an MMO. At least in the classic sense. I expect some kind of MO hybrid lobby coop game or a s .. s-sur .. surv.. nah, cant do it.
    MrMelGibson
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Expansion!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    My guess: an mmoarpg to compete with games like Lost Ark. Makes sense in a Diablo universe if you ask me ;)
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    If it is an MMO .. I am wondering if they will keep the isometric camera or try to go full 3d like the transition from Warcraft to WoW.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I doubt anything could be worse than D3. Hopefully an mmo, but I'd take a D4 that learned from its predecessor's mistakes.
    SBFordSlyLoKMrMelGibson
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    After all this wishful thinking is probably going to be a card game or something. :)
    SBFordSovrathMrMelGibsoninfomatzArskaaa
  • LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Online Co-Op PvEvP Battle Royale / Survival with "totally not P2W" cash shop with "only cosmetics" guaranteed
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited June 2018
    It will probably be a 3rd person ARPG. I am guessing they want to steer clear of PoE, unless they intend to be as generous as them with monetization. If they intend to do a top down ARPG they will probably monetize it in a way that is competitive. In other words, it would likely be F2P with cosmetic MTX. I can't imagine them not doing sleezy crap though with that personally (Stuff like boosters and inventory expansion) The closest we will get to an MMO from Blizzard is this though in the future. It won't be even close though, unless you consider something like PoE or Warframe an MMO.
  • GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    I would love a diablo mmorpg. There needs to be more dark fantasy, gritty atmosphere based mmorpg's out there in the west. For me personally, the best fantasy themes are either high fantasy aka EQ, or dark fantasy aka something along the lines of dark souls.

Most devs who are creating AAA mmorpg seem to create something with an in-between or hybrid fantasy theme, perhaps it is the safer route for appeal. I suppose what I also mean is a theme that is a bit more mature.

...anyway I expect however we will find this is for diablo 3. :P
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

Celcius said:

It will probably be a 3rd person ARPG. I am guessing they want to steer clear of PoE, unless they intend to be as generous as them with monetization. If they intend to do a top down ARPG they will probably monetize it in a way that is competitive. In other words, it would likely be F2P with cosmetic MTX. I can't imagine them not doing sleezy crap though with that personally (Stuff like boosters and inventory expansion)

The closest we will get to an MMO from Blizzard is this though in the future. It won't be even close though, unless you consider something like PoE or Warframe an MMO.

I can't imagine this. Blizzard proved with D3 they had no mana for RPGs and they've turned D3, arguable an ARPG when it launched, into an arcade game. They have no RPG team or talent in the studio and they haven't been recruiting anyone with RPG experience.

And Dungeon Artist does strongly suggest dungeons.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

Lasterba said:

Online Co-Op PvEvP Battle Royale / Survival with "totally not P2W" cash shop with "only cosmetics" guaranteed

I don't play Battle Royale games. Do they generally have dungeons in them?
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Hope it's not a mobile game

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Frazy123Frazy123 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    BDO combat in my Diablo, thanks!
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Judging from how Blizzard has been systematically removing any and all rpg systems of note from all their games, along with anything that is too complex or deep for small children to easily grasp, or not fun for children to watch other people play, I don't have hope for this game.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix of Diablo 3 and Minecraft, and 70% anime cut scenes as content, with some crafting and lite combat thrown in as filler.  
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    if isnot a mmorpg im not interested
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Path of Exile did Diablo better than Blizzard does Diablo
    Mendel
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Is there really even enough world to and lore to make a full fledged MMO? Good vs Evil?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    If it's anything like Diablo 3 without trading. It will be trash. Or maybe they will ignore the community for 3 years with 0 updates communication or patches.

Archeage EU - Nui

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496

Path of Exile did Diablo better than Blizzard does Diablo

Says the person who doesn't even like ARPGs.

Diablo II is on my list of favorite games of all time. I don't need Diablo as an MMORPG; I enjoy ARPGs the way that they are. I remember how great the story and art design was in D2. I miss it.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Diablo mobile.
  • Teak2112Teak2112 Member UncommonPosts: 61

jgDuffay said:

really hoping for a diablo mmo, that is something that i could really dig my teeth into ... if they dont overdo micro trans, and yes. WoW expansions seam to be without effort these days, i really think that the classic servers will overtake the live servers in popularity... since it got a sustainable endgame. fingers crossed xxxx

Classic servers is actually the EXACT opposite of a sustainable endgame. It has dated raid design, and next to nothing for the non raider. And completely stagnant with nothing new to look forward to. EVER.

• Br1mston3Br1mston3 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I would pay $30 a month to live in the World of Diablo Universe.
    Sovrath
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Diablo mobile.
    I absolutely do not want to see Diablo mobile, but I would be fooling myself if I didn't think that was possible.  My hope is that we get a Diablo MMORPG.  Fingers crossed.
    Sovrath

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    I have been chanting World of Diablo, either traditional 3rd person or top-down, for a while now.  Please!!!