Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am so Happy!

13»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2018
    Tiller said:
    lahnmir said:
    Tiller said:
    Avanah said:
    I avoided this game! :)
    Wow, the attention-whore is strong in this one.
    Thanks for sharing how you feel about yourself, but that's kinda off topic.
    What topic? Some chest thumping, like other primates do as well? You know, the ones that also fling poo at each other. The thread is rather worthless to begin with.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It is a discussion about how the OP is happy they didn't purchase the game, follow along.
    Ahh you are right. So, congratulations OP for not spending money on something, an amazing feat I must say, well worth a thread. I also love your reasons and totally not smug attitude and appreciate the effort you made to write that single line. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    lahnmir said:
    Tiller said:
    lahnmir said:
    Tiller said:
    Avanah said:
    Wow, the attention-whore is strong in this one.
    Thanks for sharing how you feel about yourself, but that's kinda off topic.
    What topic? Some chest thumping, like other primates do as well? You know, the ones that also fling poo at each other. The thread is rather worthless to begin with.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It is a discussion about how the OP is happy they didn't purchase the game, follow along.
    Ahh you are right. So, congratulations OP for not spending money on something, an amazing feat I must say, well worth a thread. I also love your reasons and totally not smug attitude and appreciate the effort you made to write that single line. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Some folks were never taught its bad form to gloat, at least publically.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Rhoklaw said:
     the game is in fact a hot mess so to speak, mostly because it's a PvP focused game.

Of course, spending 5 silver on a dove token for 10 minutes of peace and quiet seems like a fair compromise. I think the problem with Bless Online is it's an Korean developer, which means it's extremely easy to cheat in, as in zero thought put in to cheaters. Next problem is it's a F2P / B2P + cash shop shenanigan. Never in the history of gaming has anything from a Korean developer been a fair game.

Long story short, I didn't purchase the game expecting anything of a long term value and I'm 100% certain the game will be dead long before the end of the year. Maybe not as fast as Riders of Icarus, but definitely less than 9-12 months. Still, it's worth the $70 in my opinion as a break from what seems to be a MMO drought.
    Could you elaborate on this? what exactly is wrong or are you just referring to current balance. I ask as it is mostly my only interest in the game and I couldn't be bothered to research the game much, just saw the massive QQ's for a generic themepark game with PvP in it and felt compelled to jump right in!
    Rhoklaw said:
    While I'm definitely no advocate for the game and up until 2 days after release had nothing good to say about it. Despite taking the plunge and spending $30 + $40 for Deluxe upgrade, I've managed to squeeze in about 60 hours of game time in the past 5 days. So the game itself has earned it's price tag in entertainment value. However, the game is in fact a hot mess so to speak, mostly because it's a PvP focused game.

Of course, spending 5 silver on a dove token for 10 minutes of peace and quiet seems like a fair compromise. I think the problem with Bless Online is it's an Korean developer, which means it's extremely easy to cheat in, as in zero thought put in to cheaters. Next problem is it's a F2P / B2P + cash shop shenanigan. Never in the history of gaming has anything from a Korean developer been a fair game.

Long story short, I didn't purchase the game expecting anything of a long term value and I'm 100% certain the game will be dead long before the end of the year. Maybe not as fast as Riders of Icarus, but definitely less than 9-12 months. Still, it's worth the $70 in my opinion as a break from what seems to be a MMO drought.
    I see your point, if it was a single player game most folks would be happy with a few hundred hours of entertainment, even I for that matter. 

Yet, I can't bring myself to "reward" devs who willfully publish games that can be described with terms such "hot mess," "extremely easy to cheat in," and "will be dead" soon.

It just sends the wrong message I think and tells future game makers its OK to release sub par products with major flaws, because gamers are so desperate they'll pay money for prit near anything.

Players buy games today in a state they never would have accepted back in say 2008, and I'm sure the original Devs of Age of Conan would love to have a do over today,  the game would have been considered a resounding success instead of a poster child of failure as was the case when player standards were much higher.

So the cycle of failure continues...

simmihiDakeruMadFrenchie

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

It just sends the wrong message

What message do you think potential devs get when no one buys the latest multi million dollar MMORPG and they can't get the costs of development back?

Kyleran said:

I think and tells future game makers its OK to release sub par products with major flaws, because gamers are so desperate they'll pay money for prit near anything.

Yet it seems plenty are refusing, seems gamers are not so desperate to play an themepark MMORPG at all? Or worse they stay up for 40 hours straight playing, then cry, then ask for a refund!

Kyleran said:
    Players buy games today in a state they never would have accepted back in say 2008, and I'm sure the original Devs of Age of Conan would love to have a do over today,  the game would have been considered a resounding success instead of a poster child of failure as was the case when player standards were much higher.

I am not even sure what to make of this comment. People are far more critical now than back then as can be seen from bless, there is nothing all that wrong with Bless as a themepark game that has just left the gates, it is just an average themepark game, but you would think by the responses that someone stole their first born child (because no one cares about the ones that follow!). Age of Conan was unplayable for over a month and I don't mean that there were some class balance issues, I mean many many thousands of people could not actually play the damn thing at all. Conan was also another generic themepark with nice art with only one thing that stood out as trying to be different and that was ultimately useless massive chain directional attacks and blocking.

I remember my first arena game in AoC, was something like a 15 v 15 where everyone on my team except me died, i then proceeded to kill the entire enemy team solo with my guardian and polearm doing nothing but strafing in circles while spamming a single attack, it took about 30 mins and was the worst pvp I have ever seen in a game.
    edited June 2018
    Orinori said:
    Kyleran said:

What message do you think potential devs get when no one buys the latest multi million dollar MMORPG and they can't get the costs of development back?

Kyleran said:

I think and tells future game makers its OK to release sub par products with major flaws, because gamers are so desperate they'll pay money for prit near anything.

Yet it seems plenty are refusing, seems gamers are not so desperate to play an themepark MMORPG at all? Or worse they stay up for 40 hours straight playing, then cry, then ask for a refund!

Kyleran said:

I am not even sure what to make of this comment. People are far more critical now than back then as can be seen from bless, there is nothing all that wrong with Bless as a themepark game that has just left the gates, it is just an average themepark game, but you would think by the responses that someone stole their first born child (because no one cares about the ones that follow!). Age of Conan was unplayable for over a month and I don't mean that there were some class balance issues, I mean many many thousands of people could not actually play the damn thing at all. Conan was also another generic themepark with nice art with only one thing that stood out as trying to be different and that was ultimately useless massive chain directional attacks and blocking.

I remember my first arena game in AoC, was something like a 15 v 15 where everyone on my team except me died, i then proceeded to kill the entire enemy team solo with my guardian and polearm doing nothing but strafing in circles while spamming a single attack, it took about 30 mins and was the worst pvp I have ever seen in a game.
    Block 1: to stop making crappy, retread MMORPGs. Outside of these aged Asian titles last gasps I'd say Dev's completely got the message.

No AAA theme park games has opened the door to the indie movement today.

Block 2: still too many buy in to anything including early access,  half baked MMOs or the latest trend, BRs.....but I'm glad that the masses moved elsewhere. 

Block 3: all I can say is I had no issues at launch running AOC on two computers which were decent new, but had aged a few years and folks were likely trying to play it on "toasters" hence their issues. ("It runs WOW just fine.")  Lulz.

Can't speak to BG quality, was too busy trying to avoid being ganked at the quest givers in the open world to play "mini-games." 

Perhaps your character was OPd, mine clearly wasnt.

Kyleran said:

was too busy trying to avoid being ganked at the quest givers in the open world to play "mini-games." 

I thought I recognized your name from somewhere, aha good times :)
    Kyleran
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Avanah said:
    The art of trolling
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited June 2018
    People say Bless is in such a bad spot right now because the trendy streamers said it was shit within 18 hours of launch, but if you look at Steam charts, it's peak was 34,000 concurrent players and it peaked yesterday at 22,000. So a drop off, which is expected, but it's not Lawbreakers... it's getting fairly consistent numbers.

It's also getting more twitch viewers than Guild wars 2 right now.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Some folks were never taught its bad form to gloat, at least publically.

;)
    Yes, it is bad form, but it is so gratifying sometimes :)
    Kyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855
    JDis25 said:
    People say Bless is in such a bad spot right now because the trendy streamers said it was shit within 18 hours of launch, but if you look at Steam charts, it's peak was 34,000 concurrent players and it peaked yesterday at 22,000. So a drop off, which is expected, but it's not Lawbreakers... it's getting fairly consistent numbers.

For MMOs such a huge drop off happens after the first month not the first week.

Also, thank you Steam Charts. When people say "this game is failing" the white knights always respond with "I see people running around all the time, its doing great" but thanks to Steam Charts we have the day by day and hour by hour run down of the game's population. Which is not doing so well. It keeps inching downward.

I wonder if NeoWiz is looking at the ~20k players daily and thinking "yep, that was totally worth the 10 years of development and $60 million".
    Orinori said:
    Kyleran said:

was too busy trying to avoid being ganked at the quest givers in the open world to play "mini-games." 

I thought I recognized your name from somewhere, aha good times :)
    Yeah, that was me, the Bear Shaman flat on my back because I was busy reading the quest dialogue.

I actually rolled a stealther alt just so I could sneak in and detect other stealthers, to give me time to actually read the quests.
    OrinoriMrMelGibson

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    Orinori said:
    Kyleran said:

Kyleran said:

Kyleran said:

AoC was a completely new game built from the ground up.  This is, largely, a region port.  In that context, it's easy to see why folks would be more critical of Bless's release here in the west.

I actually enjoyed AOC at launch.  I was a slow leveler and running a character in sync with my son and my alt.

Had both in the 40 to 55 range after about 3 months.

Much of my guild were much higher level and began running into big issues with the sieges and upper end dungeons and complained bitterly about it.

Pretty much en masse they all quit and went elsewhere, and my son went back to WOW.

Seeing how everyone I knew left I returned to my mainstay EVE as I've so often done over the years.

MrMelGibson

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited June 2018
    Xiaoki said:
    JDis25 said:

Also, thank you Steam Charts. When people say "this game is failing" the white knights always respond with "I see people running around all the time, its doing great" but thanks to Steam Charts we have the day by day and hour by hour run down of the game's population. Which is not doing so well. It keeps inching downward.

I wonder if NeoWiz is looking at the ~20k players daily and thinking "yep, that was totally worth the 10 years of development and $60 million".
    That isn't true at all. Many, many people drop an MMO in a week's time if they don't like it. Happened to me with GW2, Wildstar, and a couple others. Just said, "nope, not my game" and dropped it. 

Bless is looking fairly stable right now, people are interested or curious to say the least.

it's not 20k daily players either, it's 20k Concurrent, which means at this moment.
    Which is 3k more than Black Desert right now and about 19,800 more than shroud of the avatar.
    MrMelGibson
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855
    JDis25 said:
    Xiaoki said:
    JDis25 said:

That isn't true at all. Many, many people drop an MMO in a week's time if they don't like it. Happened to me with GW2, Wildstar, and a couple others. Just said, "nope, not my game" and dropped it. 

Bless is looking fairly stable right now, people are interested or curious to say the least.

it's not 20k daily players either, it's 20k Concurrent, which means at this moment.
    Which is 3k more than Black Desert right now and about 19,800 more than shroud of the avatar.
    GW2 did not lose 33% of its playerbase after the first week.

Stable? How in the hell is it stable?! Its keeps dropping. Its peak was 21.5k today, yesterday was 22.5k, Sunday was 27.6k.

BDO Steam servers are not connected to the main servers, they are completely separate. The upcoming Xbox One version will be completely separate from the main servers and the Steam servers.
    Bless, on the other hand, is only available on Steam so its entire NA population is on Steam.
    Octagon7711