Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job Posting Confirms 'Unannounced Diablo Project' - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageJob Posting Confirms 'Unannounced Diablo Project' - MMORPG.com News

The Blizzard employment site has been updated with a new job listing for a "Diablo Dungeon Artist". "Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do" the ad reads. "The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, making great games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot!"

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2018
    My guess is World of Diablo. :D Given the waning days of WoW, it makes sense.

I'll revisit this come Blizzcon 2018. >:)
    [Deleted User]jgDuffaySovrath[Deleted User]GaladournAlbatroesNephethScotMrMelGibsonXarkoand 8 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    really hoping for a diablo mmo, that is something that i could really dig my teeth into ... if they dont overdo micro trans, and yes. WoW expansions seam to be without effort these days, i really think that the classic servers will overtake the live servers in popularity... since it got a sustainable endgame. fingers crossed xxxx
    NephethAlomarCazrielxenoclixkillerqueer
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

SBFord said:

I've always wanted a world of Diablo though I would rather the art design of the first two games. I even wrote them years ago and asked for it. If this is it then it's a bit late ... !
    SBFordMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    i hope is a mmorpg
    jgDuffaySovrathSBFordAlomarTokkeninfomatz
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Some sort of hybrid is my guess.
    Tyserie

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    If its a MMO based on the Diablo universe... that WILL be grand!
    SovrathCazriel
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am relatively confident it won't be an MMORPG.
    wesjrJeroKaneBitterClingerZombieCat[Deleted User]OrinorijimmywolfManWithNoTanMadFrenchie
    Chamber of Chains
  • harrijc3harrijc3 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I really enjoyed Diablo and had always hoped they would make a World of Diablo. I do have concerns that too much will be borrowed from WoW as it is a shell of what it once was and what it could have been. If they do consider PvP I hope they put more thought into it than the abomination that currently exists. Also, I really enjoy weapon swap and the more action oriented combat of GW2 and ESO. Tab targetting feels especially slow now days.
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Just diablo 4, maybe “some” mmo-ish elements to it, but I just want a sequel that’s more in line with diablo 2’s item system. I don’t really want a diablo mmo (i’d still play it because that’s what I do..).

jgDuffay said:

really hoping for a diablo mmo, that is something that i could really dig my teeth into ... if they dont overdo micro trans, and yes. WoW expansions seam to be without effort these days, i really think that the classic servers will overtake the live servers in popularity... since it got a sustainable endgame. fingers crossed xxxx

I think the classic servers will be popular for 2-3 months and then it’ll have its niche but won’t be anywhere close to as big as the main servers. I love vanilla wow, but it’s time has passed imo nostalgia will carry it for a while but it had a crap ton of issue too.
    JeroKaneNephethTindale111
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Please, I don't believe I am saying it , but .. Make Diablo Great Again !! :D

MMO Diablo , Yes ?
    SBFordsakinol
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I really don't see this job posting being about a Diablo MMORPG.

Probably Diablo 4, but years away.
    --------------------------------------------
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited June 2018

jgDuffay said:

I think the classic servers will be popular for 2-3 months and then it’ll have its niche but won’t be anywhere close to as big as the main servers. I love vanilla wow, but it’s time has passed imo nostalgia will carry it for a while but it had a crap ton of issue too.

I also don't think that "overall" classic servers would have more players than live servers, BUT I do believe that classic servers will be A LOT more active than normal live servers.

As for Diablo 4 or some mmorpg Diablo universe.. I don't think that Blizzard is interested in any of those because nowadays you can make a lot more money with another easier to do genre... DIABLO BATTLE ROYALE PEOPLE!

Jokes aside I guess if it must be still in the "diablo" spirit, then something along the line of Lost Ark is my bet. Diablo 4 just won't cut it. No offense, but PoE is couple thousand miles ahead of D3, so unless they plan on stealing a lot of PoE's ideas I don't see them doing a better "just" ARPG.
    DiscipledOneCazriel
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

SBFord said:

Blizzard isn't into MMO's anymore. It will keep on milking WoW as long as they can to fund other projects and that's it.

All focus seems to be on e-Sports, so the next Diablo game will surely have some e-Sports element into it aka a much stronger focus on the PVP part.
    jimmywolf
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    cmon i want diablo MMO...
    SBFordArskaaa
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Just because of Suzie's comment, I think the site needs a "hope" tag or something to be added to the quote/agree/insightful/etc.
    DiscipledOneSBFordjimmywolf
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    MMO would be nice .. but i hope it is not a battle Royal game like every one and their dog is making right now
    Tindale111
  • kaedian66kaedian66 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited June 2018
    Diablo IV. I don't see that line stopping until it stops selling at the rate it does. launch with three classes, drop an expansion with 2-3 more, then another with a final class. #PrintMoney Edit: as cynical as that sounds, I'll buy the damn thing anyway rofl
    DiscipledOneinfomatz
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Diablo 1 remastered confirmed. :)
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

jgDuffay said:

I also don't think that "overall" classic servers would have more players than live servers, BUT I do believe that classic servers will be A LOT more active than normal live servers.

As for Diablo 4 or some mmorpg Diablo universe.. I don't think that Blizzard is interested in any of those because nowadays you can make a lot more money with another easier to do genre... DIABLO BATTLE ROYALE PEOPLE!

Jokes aside I guess if it must be still in the "diablo" spirit, then something along the line of Lost Ark is my bet. Diablo 4 just won't cut it. No offense, but PoE is couple thousand miles ahead of D3, so unless they plan on stealing a lot of PoE's ideas I don't see them doing a better "just" ARPG.

You definitely could be right, time will tell I suppose. I know when Classic servers roll around I will be there for a little while, I just don’t think I’ll stick around for long because I already played all of it for a long time, and most of my friends that play say mostly the same, now i realize that’s mostly anecdotal and not very good “evidence” of how things will play out, so I could be wrong! Who knows.
    Xingbairong
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

jgDuffay said:

You definitely could be right, time will tell I suppose. I know when Classic servers roll around I will be there for a little while, I just don’t think I’ll stick around for long because I already played all of it for a long time, and most of my friends that play say mostly the same, now i realize that’s mostly anecdotal and not very good “evidence” of how things will play out, so I could be wrong! Who knows.

I don't know about others, but I really want to experience the fun PvP WoW used to offer. Today I played few BGs and god.... I'm nuking some guy on 100k HP and I had to do about 1.5mil dmg before he died... PvP in Legion is just crap.

Before anyone starts saying that in Vanilla people were one-shoting which is the polar opposite... I said "fun" never mentioned anything about balance :D
    DiscipledOne
    edited June 2018

jgDuffay said:

I don't know about others, but I really want to experience the fun PvP WoW used to offer. Today I played few BGs and god.... I'm nuking some guy on 100k HP and I had to do about 1.5mil dmg before he died... PvP in Legion is just crap.

Before anyone starts saying that in Vanilla people were one-shoting which is the polar opposite... I said "fun" never mentioned anything about balance :D

I’m really hoping BFA does a good job of making PVP both instanced and in world fun again. I honestly pretty much hate pvp since wotlk, but it’s been a while since PVP in wow has been fun.
    Classic PVP had its fair share of “problems”, but I think overall it was a better experience than today’s version.
    Xingbairong
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Diablo - Battle Royal!
    MrMelGibsonPhaserlight
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Diablo exiles :D
    DiscipledOneScotZombieCatinfomatzMendel
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    what about the dude who was working on diablo 3 moved to another job and they need a new person for an expansion for the existing diablo 3.

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.