Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ad block plus blocking login, intended?

April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
Hi

its in the title, Ad block plus blocking login, intended?

Its removing the input boxes so you cant enter email or password, it also removes the subject and email box on the contact us page 

regards

Playing: FFXIV
Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

MrMelGibson

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Why would this site, or any site, program for compatibility with ad blocking software?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Grunty said:
    Why would this site, or any site, program for compatibility with ad blocking software?
    Some sites run such malicious ads that the site basically doesn't work unless you block ads.  Better sites, including this one, try to keep the ads tame enough that people who are willing to display ads and thereby help the site to survive can still use the site well.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Or get uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Quizzical said:
    Grunty said:
    Some sites run such malicious ads that the site basically doesn't work unless you block ads.  Better sites, including this one, try to keep the ads tame enough that people who are willing to display ads and thereby help the site to survive can still use the site well.
    I turned off Adblock plus off just once for dulfy.net because it asked to help support their site by turning it off, I thought 'Hey I use it all the time, why not?' Within 2 minutes of shutting it off shit tons of adds appeared all over their page and my browser flashed and was taken over by this stupid fake malware BS and some voice booming about my virus software being outdated and how I needed to click the link to fix it. I've heard some folks have that issue here as well and MMORPG.com has had to remove a few add vendors for it. Needless to say I keep Adblock  on, and if a site restricts my access to it because of it ( a few news sites do this), I won't bother with that site.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    It doesn't block your login button.

I have ABP and uBlock Origin both running on this site and I can log off and on just fine. 

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I'm having a weird problem on my browser randomly (never had problems before) where I can't stay logged in. If I close it and come back, even with saving it makes me relog in and gives me an error screen.