Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bring a Friend Week Allows Buddies a 1-Week Trial Key - Legends of Aria - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBring a Friend Week Allows Buddies a 1-Week Trial Key - Legends of Aria - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria News - If you've been hoping to "convert" your friend to the magic that is Legends of Aria, you're in luck! This week marks the start of Friend's Week at Citadel Studios. To provide your pal with a 1-week trial key, all you have to do is email the kind folks at Citadel who will send along a key. Then it's a full week of gameplay goodness with your friend also extended the opportunity to convert all of their progress to a Founder's Pack in order to keep on keepin' on!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    I haven't been willing to pony up and buy, but am willing to beg for a free key if anyone has access. Game looks interesting. I just refuse to pay money for a game still in development before I can try it. This would help :)
    Gilcroix3dom
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited June 2018

I'm surprised they haven't just opened it up, it's not exactly bursting at the seams with population and they could use some good press.

Personally, I thought it was a joke.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I'm surprised they haven't just opened it up, it's not exactly bursting at the seams with population and they could use some good press.

It’s not even in “beta” yet.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Website says it is in Closed Beta. Haven't played it so no idea what that means for this game...Sounds like there might be some work for them to do yet, eh?
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    They've been holding off on a more open release in order to iron out all the bugs as they don't want a Steam backlash for going there too early. Seems like a good plan, after what happened to Bless.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I have a interest in this game, it sounds good on paper but just where it stands in actual development no idea. Open World and skill based, absolutely.
  • DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Anyone can try this all you have to do is read the article.
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/bring-a-friend-week/
    3dom
    Ah, thank you Daft! For some reason I assumed someone who already bought the game had to email. That whole bring a friend thing...
  • DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Np haha I have the game so I was trying to get you a key.
    Emailed and got my key in under ten minutes. Downloading now and asked my wife to send an email so she could try it too.
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

It’s not even in “beta” yet.

There website says this client is a closed beta
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    This looks pretty interesting, and I'm always up for trying new things.  I'll give it a shot.  

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Honestly as someone who has been playing since just after it switched from shards online to LoA. This game is really good and shaping up to be great.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I backed this back when it was Shards Online.  I think Steam is going to make or break it.  Right now, the playing population is very weak.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They have the worst idea ever in MMO gaming>>>player run servers.Segregating the population is NEVER a good thing,especially if your game is likely hurting for numbers which a mmo needs.
    It also looks like a cheap game,so when i hear ideas like avoiding the typical mmorpg tropes,i just figure they are avoiding costs.
    Like why make quests,takes time cost.Why make levels,then you have to make all kinds of gear sets and skills/spells/abilities for each level,you can really cut costs and time by going their route for mmorpg design.
    Bottom line,i am not looking for a developer that knows how to cut costs,i am looking for a AAA game that can be better than what i can already play and own.
    ManWithNoTanAegiris

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    jeeshadow said:
    What's the difference between "closed" beta and alpha? Are there rules to this? who makes these rules?
    lol nobody,they have been simply used as marketing gimmicks,each TESTING or so called testing phase is just NEW hype to create awareness/sales.Some wil not give up if failing and try a NEW NAME for their game or the typical "let's get in good with websites" and have them hype up or help market our game.
    Shaigh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    this game needs love, the only thing it's lacking now is a few bugs and player base,

i am one of the earlier backers since it was still named " Shard Online ", and every time my problem is only the player base, i felt like i was the only one playing in the entire server even to this day,

we need at least a 10k active players to make this game fun!

So What Now?

• LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I played this game for quite a while and enjoyed it thoroughly. Whilst it does have far less features than some of the popular private Ultima Online servers, it is extremely new and fresh. I also like how they're handling PvP zones in the game.

The game has a lot of potential and I'd probably be playing right now if they declared themselves 'live' and assured their players of no further wipes.
  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76
    "If you are your own friend — if you just want to try it yourself, not because you have a friend playing, well, welcome to you! We hope all of you love Legends of Aria."

Looks like anyone can try it even if they don't know someone in the game . Why didn't they just say that it was open to everyone irrespective as to whether they know someone in the game ?
    3dom
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

"If you are your own friend — if you just want to try it yourself, not because you have a friend playing, well, welcome to you! We hope all of you love Legends of Aria."

Looks like anyone can try it even if they don't know someone in the game . Why didn't they just say that it was open to everyone irrespective as to whether they know someone in the game ?

I imagine it's because they want to ramp up the population but not as fast as an "Open Beta" would result in.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Quote from the announce:
    ===
    All you have to do to get a one week trial key is…email me at sweathers at citadelstudios.net
    ===
    Just write a e-mail to get a week-long trial.

Thank you for your time!

• chris_sr01chris_sr01 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    If anyone has an extra buddy key would love to try
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    If anyone has an extra buddy key would love to try
    Just Email Sanya...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I requested a key last night and received one this morning. Looking forward to getting started later today.

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I am definitely going to buy this, but their current packages hold no appeal to me so I've been waiting for the Steam release hoping the Steam packages are better. I also don't understand why or how people could judge a game based on how many people play it pre-release. Only certain types of people are willing to try a game in an unfinished state when progress isn't going to be saved and you are literally working for free. The first major beta I got into was the open beta for AO when I was much younger and mmorpgs were much newer. Then they wiped everything I did, and my desire to beta test anything was wiped too.