Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to Asheron's Call, A STEAL for $9.99 for LIFE now! Here's 42 videos I made to help you get

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

First off, I want to state that I've been playing mmorpg games since 1998 just a few months after Ultima Online first released. Back in my Navy days on a dial up connection serving on my USS destroyer. I would sit in the office on that ship where I could plug my laptop into a phone jack and play until all hours of the night, go catch an hour or two of sleep before the next work day in port, and then as soon as everybody left the ship the next day except for the on-duty crew, I'd be back on that laptop exploring the world of Britania in Ultima Online, and later I rememember being blown away at how great I thought Asherons Call graphics were by comparison! Haha! I remember thinking "Wow, Amazing! The clouds actually float above in the sky!" LoL. True story though.

To this date, I have played well over 100 different mmorpg games... and no game swept me away and showed me the sheer depth of gameplay as did Asheron's Call. After leaving the harsh PvP world of Ultima Online, I naturally went for the all-pvp server of Darktide in Asherons Call. Probably my greatest gaming experiences were in the virtual world of Dereth here, and I made some incredible friendships in that world that I never imagined could be possible through an online game.

Anyhow, last year I took a trip back to Dereth, and I made videos for YouTube which I believe should help any new player quickly learn the ropes for the steep learning curve found in this game. It is much easier then it was at it's launch no doubt, but still compared to all the current mmos which hold your hand, this game could still be a little daunting I think for the newer mmo crowd.

So whether you have never played Asheron's Call, or you are considering coming back to a long lost "love"... These videos show you how to get started and also show you exactly how to maneuver through every facility quest, every step to take, and exactly what paths will get you safely to the end of some of the maze like dungeons.

I promise you that while the graphics of Asheron's Call might turn you off initially, if you give the game half a chance, and level up to level 50 (out of a max 275 I think it is today), then you just might see why this game is still being supported today, a full 15 years after it's original launch back in October of 1999. These videos will definitely help you get to level 50 quickly, easily, and without requiring you to seek out assistance. - You'll even learn how to have fun, how to buy your first house, and even hear me sing happily on one video as I enjoy the game.

Here is a complete list of my Asheron's Call YouTube videos...

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 1 - Creating a New Character on the Darktide Server

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 2 - Advancing From Level 1 to 7 In Three Minutes

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 3 - First Adventure: Holtburg Drudge Hideout! - Level 7 to 9

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 4 - Pawning Loot, Getting Buffs, and Buying Spells

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 5 - Buying Spell Components, Trade Notes & Entering Dungeon #2

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 6 - Finishing Quest #2 and Training Creature Magic!

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 7 - Entering the Facility Hub & Recovering the Ice Tachi { 10R }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 8.a - My First Death Comes Seeking the Dagger of Tikola! { 10C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 8.b - Dagger of Tikola Completion { 10C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 9.a - Entering the Glendon Wood Dungeon { 10L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 9.b - Completing the Glendon Wood Dungeon { 10L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 10 - It Finally Happened!

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 11 - Guardian of the Helm Quest { 15R }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 12 - Solving the Mines of Colier { 15C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 13.a - Complete Green Mire Grave Quest { 15L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 13.b - Complete Green Mire Grave Quest { 15L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 14.a - A Bright Idea & Looking Back, Years Gone By

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 14.b - Heed the Call. Come (back) Give Dereth a Visit!

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 15 - Hunter's Leap Quest & A Summoning Spec Avatar { 20R }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 16 - Trothyr's Rest - Trothyr's Sheild & Hammer { 20C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 17 - Tibri's Fire Spear Quest { 20L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 18 - Catacombs of the Forgotten { 25R }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 19 - Mace of the Explorer { 25C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 20 - Ruschk Hunter Leggings { 25L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 21.a - A Home is Where the Heart Is!

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 21.b - A Better Way (To Obtain That Writ)

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 22.a - Frest Greelving's Haunted Mansion { 30R }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 22.b - Haunted Mansion - Getting the Evil Couch { 30R }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 23 - Unmazing the Mite Maze !! { 30C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 24 - Finding a gem in the Mountain Sewer !! { 30L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 25 - I Sing and Get Booed !! - And My Villa Purchase Fails!

Return to Asheron's Call - Video Two Million and Five Point One ( 25.1 )

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 26 - Extra Experience to Make the Next Section of the Facility Hub

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 27 - Jacob's Axe in the Skeleton Fort { 35R }

Return To Asheron's Call - Video 28 - Quarter Staff of Fire { 35C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 29 - Acid Axe Quest in Suntik Village { 35L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 30.a - Two New Characters Are Born

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 30.b - Leveling Two Characters at the Same Time!

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 31 - Dryreach Rescue : Dansha-Ki's Ring { 40R }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 32 - Castle of Baron Nuvillus : Crown of Bone { 40C }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 33 - The Hammer of Lightning { 40L }

Return to Asheron's Call - Video 34 - Blackmire Lore { 45R / 45 }

Enjoy the game if you try it!

- Zaxx

Comments

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Great work man, loving the videos.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    You do seem to like this game.   Great work on all the info.  I'm going to take a look at some of this. 
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

holy crap, what are all those new skills????

makes me want to play again

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Thanks will check it out.

Played many years ago :)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I wouldn't call it a steal - yet...

However, when the whole "private servers, custom rulesets" stuff will go live as well later the year, then the 10 bucks will be a really good offer for an entry ticket to an interesting experiment. I think it's a great move from Turbine, they will shake up the mmo market - or at least the modding and UGC-fan part of it.

And OP, nice videos.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

it is awesome how are those old mmo's with outdated graphic better than any new mmo games  , they still rule in genre

OP good job with promo !
  • ziembeeziembee Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Nice videos indeed  :-D    Loved Asheron's Call, so sad to see that it's soon going to be canceled and dead forever!   :3
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ziembee said:
    Nice videos indeed  :-D    Loved Asheron's Call, so sad to see that it's soon going to be canceled and dead forever!   :3
    AC1 was definitely a game of its time, its one i really enjoyed playing back then, it was far more successful than AC2, it was almost as if they didn't understand why AC1 was so popular when they made AC2 which was a shame, perhaps if they revamped the graphics of AC1 they could re-release it, i think personally the game was good in enough in its other aspects. :o
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2017
    Wow...epic thread necro D:

Not that it doesn't have meaning today, nearly 2.5 years later due to the videos but.....wow :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    SBFord said:

Not that it doesn't have meaning today, nearly 2.5 years later due to the videos but.....wow :P
    Don't you worry about the dead. Be wary of the living!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Those videos are good I am tagging this.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

SBFord said:

On another note, that was an awfully short lifetime..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Amazing game, a big loss to the MMO world. UO, AC, EQ are three games that have never been duplicated! 
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I thought we would have private servers by now, but I guess that never came to be
  • ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Thanks for your videos Zax. I used them when I returned to the game after a 14 year break. AC was so much fun. Can't believe it is gone...
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Necro but still relevant today.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Holy double necro Batman!!!!