Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassellshassell Member UncommonPosts: 104
Just as Europe tries to protect users against rampant data theft with the introduction of the GDPR laws, Zenimax in their arrogance get caught patching in spyware. Of course it was just for research, and of course it was an accident. Easy to make such a mistake when you are a professional software developer... a good job someone found it, otherwise they might never have been caught, sorry meant they might never have realised. How come such a respected IP has fallen so low. Spyware infested console kiddie garbage. 
RexKushmanMikeha

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,283
    rojoArcueidScot

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 9,965
    edited June 2018
    Kyleran said:
    The only line he meant to write was his last line, hes done it before... because lets blame consoles for everything that happens on PC. Just ignore it.

• shassellshassell Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Kyleran said:
    The only line he meant to write was his last line, hes done it before... because lets blame consoles for everything that happens on PC. Just ignore it.

Ack... caught me out, but flattered you've been nosing around in my posts...
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 9,965
    shassell said:
    Kyleran said:

Ack... caught me out, but flattered you've been nosing around in my posts...
    welcome to internet forums, a place where you read posts before answering them.
    SBFordMrMelGibson

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,011
    shassell said:

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassell said:
    console kiddie garbage. 

Unbelievable indeed.

KyleranIselinScotberenimRhomsShodanasAxllow18MrMelGibson
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Unbelievable we still have kids crying about what platform somebody plays a video game on.  Toxic kids like the OP are what is wrong with video game forums and in game chat.  
    RexKushman
  • ElidienElidien Member RarePosts: 1,377
    I do not agree with the software and reasons to do it but what I find interesting is that a lot of people complaining act like this kind of thing is isolated to games or ZOS. It's not. Many companies, especially the largest ones like Google and Amazon, base their entire existence on datamining. 

Like I said I do not agree with it and I do believe ZOS should have been forthcoming with the information, but I do not believe outrage should be limited to gaming companies. If this kind of thing upsets you I recommend never using Google or Amazon ever again.
    KyleranSovrathOctagon7711
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,008
    Elidien said:
    I do not agree with the software and reasons to do it but what I find interesting is that a lot of people complaining act like this kind of thing is isolated to games or ZOS. It's not. Many companies, especially the largest ones like Google and Amazon, base their entire existence on datamining. 

Like I said I do not agree with it and I do believe ZOS should have been forthcoming with the information, but I do not believe outrage should be limited to gaming companies. If this kind of thing upsets you I recommend never using Google or Amazon ever again.
    Or Youtube or perhaps even Windows too!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,783
    shassell said:

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassell said:
    console kiddie garbage. 

Unbelievable indeed.

Probably half the age of most posters here....
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,283
    shassell said:

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassell said:
    console kiddie garbage. 

Unbelievable indeed.

Sadly in my case it could be a third.....

:/ 
    Jean-Luc_PicardRobsolfMrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,793
    Kyleran said:
    shassell said:

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassell said:
    console kiddie garbage. 

Unbelievable indeed.

Ok Methuselah, move along ... B)
    ScotJean-Luc_PicardKyleranRobsolfMrMelGibson

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,514
    Kyleran said:
    shassell said:

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassell said:
    console kiddie garbage. 

Unbelievable indeed.

That's 50% and 33.3% for all the youngsters out there.
    Jean-Luc_PicardlaseritKyleranMrMelGibson

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,011
    Kyleran said:
    shassell said:

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassell said:
    console kiddie garbage. 

Unbelievable indeed.

MrMelGibson
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,124
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    shassell said:

Unbelievable arrogance.

shassell said:
    console kiddie garbage. 

Unbelievable indeed.

That's 50% and 33.3% for all the youngsters out there.
    That's 33.3333333333333.......% for the OCD youngsters out there. 
    Jean-Luc_PicardKyleranScot

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee