Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless player discovers modifying the game's .ini files can make you fly, add items to inventory etc.

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,552
Remember the shitstorm when BDO had so many client side issues.

Seems like Korean devs never learn.

Bless has the same issues:

Bless player discovers modifying the game's .ini files can make you fly, add items to your account, set your level, and enable player-to-player trading.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,139
    sigh...

That's pure negligence on the part of the developers IMHO.   That's just not excusable today.
    craftseekerDakerucheyane

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,950
    Where does it show him flying?
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,081
    LOL Really, and it's censored now...
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,552
    Renoaku said:
    LOL Really, and it's censored now...

Damage control.

Expect Ice to chime in and say how this is EA, and its all fine.

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Ok , miss-leading title. 

Can make you fly ... well ..may be. Need a video for this however.

Add items to inventory ? First of , the guy didn't said anything about this in his title and so , you are fucking lying again.

The comment which says that now you can trade, no , you can't, even if you change that option in ini. Same as MatureFilter option in BaseEngine.ini . You can set it to allow, but if you say "fuck you" , it will still appear "**** you" .

I found that GM commands too. The options are useless. Are available IF the game server is set to run in DEVELOPMENT mode. 

Troll thread is a troll thread.

What I am amazed is how many people from reddit are actually believing. Well, you are one of them, so .. not really a big surprise.

MikehaEponyxDamor
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Remember when DMKano was white knighting Archeage hardcore? Those were the days.... That was back when you could dupe apex too lol.
    JeffSpicoliMrMelGibsonalkarionlogAsmodeuX
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,603
    edited June 2018
    I think the irony in this is that the dev team was advocating people to 'tweek' their .ini files in order to increase performance. People just doing what the devs wanted them to do....
    IceDark said:
    Ok , miss-leading title. 

Add items to inventory ? First of , the guy didn't said anything about this in his title and so , you are fucking lying again.

The comment which says that now you can trade, no , you can't, even if you change that option in ini. Same as MatureFilter option in BaseEngine.ini . You can set it to allow, but if you say "fuck you" , it will still appear "**** you" .

I found that GM commands too. The options are useless. Are available IF the game server is set to run in DEVELOPMENT mode. 

What I am amazed is how many people from reddit are actually believing. Well, you are one of them, so .. not really a big surprise.

are you a neowiz employee?
    KyleranGruntykertinBrunlin
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,546
    edited June 2018
    Well w/o knowing all the facts,it is possible to alter ini files in all games but most of the time,only you see the differences while the game and others still recognize you under the normal settings.
    When it becomes  an actual cheat is when used for example to make mobs appear super big" example using the largest sized mob in game to skin a much smaller mob" so you can see rare spawns easier and faster or perhaps a farming node using another example.
    Mikeha

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

DMKano said:
    IceDark said:
    Ok , miss-leading title. 

are you a neowiz employee?
    You don't have to be a Neowiz employee , to go to Steam\steamapps\common\Bless Online\BLGame\Config , play with whatever options you want , and then try them.

I just did that, with commands like this : 

MacroCommands=(Id=3151, Command="//setlevel 15;//setskill;//addquest 11901;//addquest 11902;//additem 212004 1;//additem 410031 1;//additem 420042 1;//additem 420043 1;//additem 410034 1;//additem 410035 1;//additem 410036 1;//additem 410037 1;//spawnprop 11802")

But no work :(

I tried to even set my level to 45, no work. Tried however this to "fly" like the one you've been believing in , for exemple : Bindings=(Name="Jump",Command="Jump | Axis aUp Speed=+1.0 AbsoluteAxis=100") 

or

Bindings=(Name="TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-200.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")

With of course, increased numbers, but no luck. 

I don't have a reddit account, so , could you please go back where you came from, and tell them that YOU tried and it does not work ?

Thanks a lot !
    MikehaMrMelGibson
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2018
    Client side hacks ain't hard in this day and age when you leave the back hatch open on a badly aged client like Neowiz did. Plus they put the community in a position where they HAVE to dig around the .ini files to get things to work. It's only a matter of time.

The average player like us won't be able to mess with things out of the box, but damn if that folder structure isn't a key to a department store if I've ever seen one.

Just remember people were doing all types of lunacy in Archeage in the beginning... Bless is 10x worse and messier than that in regard.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SplattrSplattr Member UncommonPosts: 123
    That's not flying, that's falling gracefully. Christ, even toys know the difference.
    IceDarkMikeha
    edited June 2018

Just remember people were doing all types of lunacy in Archeage in the beginning... 
    You heard that Kano ? Your beloved ArcheAge.

IF this story proves to be legit ( which is not ) but if it will , then hats of to you. 

Now, hats off to however you were trolling around here, if is not true ?
    DarkHigh said:
    Remember when DMKano was white knighting Archeage hardcore? Those were the days.... That was back when you could dupe apex too lol.

Like I said - Korean devs don't put in proper server side checks - because hacking in korea is rare due to every account needing  KSSN to play - so they can track down the real identity of every player easily.

Archeage had several client side exploits that were pretty epic. 

ArcheAge again - korean developer.

BDO - same issue - korean developer

Bless - korean developer....

See a pattern?
    Brunlin
    IceDark said:

Just remember people were doing all types of lunacy in Archeage in the beginning... 

IF this story proves to be legit ( which is not ) but if it will , then hats of to you. 

Dude you throw that world "trolling" a lot - I am reporting what I found on reddit - and what's been posted on 3 different subreddits.

The flying/teleport hack is confirmed - the rest is not.

Apparently this is what works client side:

• Speed hack
    • Fly hack
    • Jump hack
    • FOV hack
    • Wall hack - walk through the walls
    • Gravity hack
    • Invisibility vs mobs
    • Teleport hack

Is all of it real - I don't know, I didn't make any of these claims, just passing info along.

Brunlin
    DMKano said:
    IceDark said:

Dude you throw that world "trolling" a lot - I am reporting what I found on reddit - and what's been posted on 3 different subreddits.

Apparently this is what works client side:

• Speed hack
    • Fly hack
    • Jump hack
    • FOV hack
    • Wall hack - walk through the walls
    • Gravity hack
    • Invisibility vs mobs
    • Teleport hack

Is all of it real - I don't know, I didn't make any of these claims, just passing info along.

Well , jump off the bridge and report back to me. I will specifically make a reddit account and post this for you to read if you want. 

So the rest , which you said is true "Bless has the same issues:" is actually not true. What would you do now because you miss-informed people? 

And...the flying/teleport hack which you again say is confirmed. I found some videos about it from RU/JP in 2016.

My question is : Is it still confirmed in 2018 in EU/NA?

Bah. never mind. I will answer for you : 

No, is not confirmed. I'm just passing "info" along because I hate Bless so much. I don't care if they are true or not. Every bad News is good for me to pass it to the readers from mmorpg.com . Why? ..why not? I hate Bless, does not count?

Well .. it doesn't count Kano!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    IceDark said:

You missed the part where I said it's 10x worse than Archeage in their set up. Old engine, wide open folder structure. UE3, DX9, janky launch client (which by the way still shows up like this for me)

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What are you on about?

I don't hate Bless - I bought the game, i didn't refund it, I won't refund it.

I keep playing it regardless of the issues.

The difference is I am not going to sit here and say how everything is great - when there are major issues with how the game is being completely mismanaged.

Neowiz has never self-published the game before - Steam is their first and they are failing horribly.

Sorry that this is so upsetting to you.

Why are you taking this so personally? 
    Brunlin
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 147
    DMKano said:
    DarkHigh said:

Like I said - Korean devs don't put in proper server side checks - because hacking in korea is rare due to every account needing  KSSN to play - so they can track down the real identity of every player easily.

See a pattern?
    Reported for racism. 
    IceDarkEponyxDamorFlyByKnightKyleranMrMelGibsonBrunlin
    DarkHigh said:
    DMKano said:
    DarkHigh said:

See a pattern?
    Reported for racism. 
    lol
    VrikaBrunlinKriggles
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 6,979
    besides bugs, how you all like this game?

DMKano said:
    What are you on about?

I don't hate Bless - I bought the game, i didn't refund it, I won't refund it.

I keep playing it regardless of the issues.

The difference is I am not going to sit here and say how everything is great - when there are major issues with how the game is being completely mismanaged.

Neowiz has never self-published the game before - Steam is their first and they are failing horribly.

Sorry that this is so upsetting to you.

Why are you taking this so personally? 
    No! You are taking it so personally. I mean, I am all for common sense communication about whats wrong and whats good in Bless, which .. you are so fucking lacking. 

To close this and let you be : My question is : Is it still confirmed in 2018 in EU/NA? ( about the Fly/Speed hacks )

Yes or No ?
    EponyxDamor
    besides bugs, how you all like this game?

The game is not bad at all - however the way it's being managed - that's the real issue.
    EponyxDamorBrunlinDoctorhoo
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,116
    One major question is whether the claimed hacks work at all.  Another is whether they can actually affect what happens on the server or only make the client display stuff wrongly.

In some cases, a game may only do a server-side check when it matters.  For example, if you gift yourself some item with a client-side hack, the client might well show that you have the item.  But when you try to use, equip, trade, or otherwise do something with it that matters, then the server-side check comes in and the item doesn't have the intended effect because the server vetoes it.

I'm not claiming that that's what Bless did.  But I am claiming that it's possible.