Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mastery Sets Add Customization & Gameplay Options to Enhance Every Character - City of Titans - MMOR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMastery Sets Add Customization & Gameplay Options to Enhance Every Character - City of Titans - MMORPG.com

City of Titans News - The City of Titans site has been updated with a new look at the Mastery system, the first since 2014. In the intervening years, the team has been hard at work to bring additional ways for players to enhance their gameplay options for each character. Masteries allow players to take three Powers that are in addition to both Archetype and Powers sets.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValhalidValhalid Member UncommonPosts: 25
    It is great that there has been an update on this game. The animations look fluid and natural unlike some of its competitors. Unfortunately its one of those, I really hope it crosses the finish line, but I'M not sure it will, type of games. If it does release I think it has the potential to blow every super hero MMORPG out of the water and be a true successor to City of Heroes. Best of luck to that team.
    Truvidien88
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Was hoping for a travel power video judging by the picture lol
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018

Valhalid said:

It is great that there has been an update on this game. The animations look fluid and natural unlike some of its competitors. Unfortunately its one of those, I really hope it crosses the finish line, but I'M not sure it will, type of games. If it does release I think it has the potential to blow every super hero MMORPG out of the water and be a true successor to City of Heroes. Best of luck to that team.

I'm more concerned about post-launch tbh. Getting to launch is less of a hurdle vs keeping an indie mmorpg going for at least a year. Even if they do manage to keep it going for a year, what was the point? Mmorpgs are something people want to connect to for extended periods of time, even find a "home" in, not just to pass the time in ultimately. Its nice to see progress but post-launch will always be my main concern with any indie mmorpg. Also even if these indies can keep a game going for a while, their communities will have to accept the facts that updates will be much much slower vs AAA titles, being lucky to get 2 major content updates a year coupling that with fixing bugs/exploits etc which are probably split between the same team(s). People are complain about AAA content updates lacking depth and dont even last a month after release. If indies put out the same type of updates but slower, retention will be a big issue in the long run. So many potential problems if they cross the "finish line."
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415

Valhalid said:

Uh.... WHAT animations? All I saw was yada yada yada text. That's about all I ever see from City of Titans -- talk and concept art. If they were releasing play-testing shots like Ship of Heroes has been doing, I might get excited.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Albatroes said:

Valhalid said:

I'm more concerned about post-launch tbh. Getting to launch is less of a hurdle vs keeping an indie mmorpg going for at least a year. Even if they do manage to keep it going for a year, what was the point? Mmorpgs are something people want to connect to for extended periods of time, even find a "home" in, not just to pass the time in ultimately. Its nice to see progress but post-launch will always be my main concern with any indie mmorpg.

Also even if these indies can keep a game going for a while, their communities will have to accept the facts that updates will be much much slower vs AAA titles, being lucky to get 2 major content updates a year coupling that with fixing bugs/exploits etc which are probably split between the same team(s). People are complain about AAA content updates lacking depth and dont even last a month after release. If indies put out the same type of updates but slower, retention will be a big issue in the long run. So many potential problems if they cross the "finish line."

This is as much an issue for non-indies - if not more so. When millions of people jump ship from a major release, that's that much more noise and people following the crowd. This game and most indies aren't trying to unseat WoW or ESO or whatever the kids are playing, it is trying to capture a sustainable market, which it can do if it is a major success better, but can still do if it has the cash flows to work on the game and some updates. This does not mean it is going to follow the ESO or SWTOR models, or the WoW model. Like DDO, AO, and all the other mmorpgs ignored by the people who care if a game is indy or not, or new or not, or spent 95% of it's budget on graphics or not, or care if a game will release enough drivel at a fast enough pace to keep kids watching other kids play it online - this game just has to attract enough people displaced by the current child-centric mmo market and offer them a new mmorpg worth spending time playing.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Valhalid said:

Uh.... WHAT animations? All I saw was yada yada yada text. That's about all I ever see from City of Titans -- talk and concept art. If they were releasing play-testing shots like Ship of Heroes has been doing, I might get excited.

They have been releasing videos and such.
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415

Valhalid said:

They have been releasing videos and such.
    AH, on YouTube! Should have known. Thanks!