Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Taming 101 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBless - Taming 101 - MMORPG.com

Bless Online came out this week, and Red Thomas takes an early look at how to leash the beast. It’s more complicated than you might think, and maybe one of the better taming systems to date.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,110
    So the only redeeming quality of this game is the taming system? Basically a $40 Pokemon go?
    Life2v[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Tiller said:
    So the only redeeming quality of this game is the taming system? Basically a $40 Pokemon go?
    With Riders of Icarus having the same exact system for free....just saying...
    BillMurphyHarikenLife2vBuschkatze
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Albatroes said:

Tiller said:

Not quite. I have played both and I still play both. The taming systems are quite different. Besides roi has limits on what you can tame and what you need to tame then. Bless lacks such limits out side of the few humanoid creatures.
    maskedweaselLife2v

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Albatroes said:

Tiller said:

Well if you play it for the taming then yes, honestly despite what you see or hear from these so called reviewers, bless is not as big of a mess as many claim. It has your plethora of launch issues but what MMOs did not at launch. The trans been pushing patches out almost daily.
    RoinIceDarkRadooAlomarLife2vAalamrMYTHGuy

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I have not did much into the taming system but good to know.
    StoneRoses
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    DMKano said:

Any game devs shuffle from one studio to the next to work on the "next big MMO" - this is why the same devs who put in a system in one game - basically do the same system in another game.

Fixed that for you!
    Samhael
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    DMKano said:
    IceDark said:
    DMKano said:

Any game devs shuffle from one studio to the next to work on the "next big MMO" - this is why the same devs who put in a system in one game - basically do the same system in another game.

Fixed that for you!

The NDA and IP laws are a lot more defined in the west, so western devs cant straight up use the same code and systems for different game companies.

The one notable exception was NCSoft lawsuit vs Bluehole for TERA using NCSoft assets/code, a lawsuit which NCSoft won in Korea.

Still recycled code and features are a lot more common in Korean/Chinese MMOs than in western MMOs

I believe this is especially true with art assets. I've seen players say "they copied x!!!!" when it really doesn't seem to be a big deal over there.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    IceDark said:
    DMKano said:

Fixed that for you!

The NDA and IP laws are a lot more defined in the west, so western devs cant straight up use the same code and systems for different game companies.

The one notable exception was NCSoft lawsuit vs Bluehole for TERA using NCSoft assets/code, a lawsuit which NCSoft won in Korea.

Still recycled code and features are a lot more common in Korean/Chinese MMOs than in western MMOs

I believe this is especially true with art assets. I've seen players say "they copied x!!!!" when it really doesn't seem to be a big deal over there.
    Just like that one browser game that was pretty much like WoW, forgot the name of it, races/background/everything stripped from WoW and put into a browser game. There was also on browser game that ripped FFXIV 1.0 cinematic from the game and used it in theirs, Angel or something like that.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Albatroes said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    IceDark said:
    DMKano said:

Fixed that for you!

Just like that one browser game that was pretty much like WoW, forgot the name of it, races/background/everything stripped from WoW and put into a browser game. There was also on browser game that ripped FFXIV 1.0 cinematic from the game and used it in theirs, Angel or something like that.
    And that's the thing, I don't think they realized this. I recall speaking to a gm from lineage 2 who said that they sent them (NC West) some promotional materials and NC West had to tell the Korean office that using the somewhat famous assets they borrowed would not fly here!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

DMKano said:

IceDark said:

DMKano said:

Fixed that for you!

NCSoft didn't win that. TERA/Bluehole Studios was able to prove that no stolen code was used in Tera Online. I believe a random employee stole some office equipment or something but Tera the game wasn't found guilty of anything.

• DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited June 2018
    afterwatching some gameplay on twitch, I have to say i recognized 3 UI elements from other MMO games including Archeage ( I puked a little in my

Combat mechanics from another 2, one being Tera.

Glad I didnt waste my time buying. I learned long ago never invest in Asian converted games. I can see why it failed in "3 other markets"
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I'll still to beast mastery on SWG :)
  • narg1narg1 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited June 2018
    I see Black Desert horse/pet breeding system here, it looks pretty easy from begining, but if you want top end tier of horse or pets, its price going to bilions in ingame silver or up to few hundred $ in cash, all this systems are pretty good prepared for selling stuff for money in ingame shop
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    IceDark said:
    DMKano said:

Fixed that for you!

lol oh man, all those asian money grab mobile games that straight up steal assets from WoW to put in their game. Like straight up ripping certain sounds and art like murlocs, the sound of a boar dying, orc peon's voiceovers. It's hilarious to me.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    I think you guys might be a little aggressive on some of those accusations.

For one, you can't really steal UI design. Good UI design is always theft by virtue of the fact that you want a UI that's recognizable and feels native to the user. Otherwise, every MMO stole from UO or EQ, and both had similar UI concepts that were developed concurrently.

w/r to folks leaving a company and working for another, typically I think it's the code that's protected, not the idea. Raph Koster was the mastermind behind the epic economic design in SWG, and you've seen his touch in a number of games before and since. That was his expertise and thought process shaping the system, not a theft of intellectual property.

Devs shift companies constantly as development surges move back and forth, and folks will code the way they know to code. Thus, you'll obviously see similar systems between games. *cough*H1Z1/PUBG*cough*

Games are hardly the only ones to do it. One company has the idea for a stuffed crust pizza, next thing you know, Schwan's is offering frozen personal stuffed crust pizzas. =)
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I think you guys might be a little aggressive on some of those accusations.

For one, you can't really steal UI design. Good UI design is always theft by virtue of the fact that you want a UI that's recognizable and feels native to the user. Otherwise, every MMO stole from UO or EQ, and both had similar UI concepts that were developed concurrently.

w/r to folks leaving a company and working for another, typically I think it's the code that's protected, not the idea. Raph Koster was the mastermind behind the epic economic design in SWG, and you've seen his touch in a number of games before and since. That was his expertise and thought process shaping the system, not a theft of intellectual property.

Devs shift companies constantly as development surges move back and forth, and folks will code the way they know to code. Thus, you'll obviously see similar systems between games. *cough*H1Z1/PUBG*cough*

Games are hardly the only ones to do it. One company has the idea for a stuffed crust pizza, next thing you know, Schwan's is offering frozen personal stuffed crust pizzas. =)
    This is my favorite case.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/27501/time-john-fogerty-was-sued-ripping-john-fogerty
    Red_Thomas

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666

laserit said:

This is my favorite case.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/27501/time-john-fogerty-was-sued-ripping-john-fogerty

Oh, man. lol Yeah. Wife and I watched "The Big Interview" with him a while back. Definitely one of the all time dumbest infringement cases.