Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neowiz will be making changes to the combat in today's patch.

AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
edited June 2018 in Bless
Greetings!

The character’s stat balance problem which we’ve announced recently are now going to be applied through todays patch. 

Before today’s patch, character’s stats were set differently from what we intended. For that reason, we found out that only a few set of skills have been used in most classes. The offensive skills values were set too high while the defensive/healing skills’ value were set too low. 

Due to this, players would have felt that monsters were too easy to defeat. Also ranged dealers were too powerful while healers and tankers were unable to use their full ability in PvP related content. 

After this balance patch, players will be able to enjoy dungeons, battlefields, raids, PvP, RvR content at the intended difficulty. Our developers will be closely monitoring our players’ game data, and based on your feedback we will do our best to maintain ideal game balanced.

Details regarding balance modifications are as follows.

Balance Adjustments per Class
Almost all skills’ damage were decreased while all class’ HP was increased.

Every class’ dodge skills are now “rechargeable skills” and for some classes, their necessary (e.g. Bravery, Anger etc.) resources were removed.
  • Paladin
    • Almost all skills’ damage decreased.
    • Health Point (HP) increased.
    • Most of the Paladin’s healing skills have been strengthened. 
    • Most of the Paladin’s offensive skills’ mana consumption is reduced. 
    • The “Endure” skill is now recharged up to 3 times instead of once.

• Guardian
    • The “Guardian’s Faith” skill is now rechargeable up to 3 times instead of once, and no longer consumes “Bravery”.

• Berserker
    • “Dodge Move” is now rechargeable up to 5 times instead of once, and no longer consumes “Anger”.

• Ranger
    • “Dodge Move” is now rechargeable up to 3 times instead of once.

• Mage
    • “Blink” is now rechargeable up to 3 times (4 if enhanced) instead of once.

Chain Bonus Balance
Chain Bonus refers to the effect where the skill’s effect increases the higher the chain stage is.

The chain bonus was generally set too high, and could not even be applied over 7 chains. Through today’s patch the overall chain bonus was reduced and the problem where it is not applied beyond 7 chains was resolved.

Skill Reset Scroll Price Reduction
Through today’s patch, players can purchase the Skill Reset Scroll (Up to 3 per character) from the Special Currency Shop for only 1 Lumena for a limited time period. The Skill Reset Scroll will allow players to try out various new tactics and explore their skill options. 
  • For Lumena, you can exchange Activity Points (Combat and Dungeon Points) into Lumena up to 50 Lumena a day. 
  • Skill Reset Scroll (Price: 1 Lumena) will be separately added in the Special Currency Shop.
  • Until our next scheduled maintenance on June 8, the price will continue to be 1 Lumena. However the scheduled maintenance date is subject to change.

We seek your feedback!
We are open to your feedback regarding today’s patch and overall game balance! Throughout Early Access we will continue to closely monitor game balance and will do our best to respond to user feedback. 

Thank You,
The Bless Team

https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1653264683477948503

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Please do not copy / paste entire articles. It's better to provide a summary and link. Thanks.

In addition, they're introducing small-scale RvR today.

https://www.mmorpg.com/bless/news/small-scale-rvr-content-peninsular-war-launching-today-1000048677

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    SBFord said:
    Please do not copy / paste entire articles. It's better to provide a summary and link. Thanks.

https://www.mmorpg.com/bless/news/small-scale-rvr-content-peninsular-war-launching-today-1000048677
    Not sure if i have done anything wrong, This thread was just about the combat changes and nothing else, So seeing as that is what the news was about, I thought it would be best just copy and paste it all. 

The notice i copied it from is called game balance adjustments.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They put out a memo about decreasing damage on Steam a few days ago.  Most people reacted by suggesting they spend the time making the game run better and stopping crashes and getting them off the loading screen.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    DMKano said:
    lol 

I mean can we get a detailed breakdown on each skill and what % it was decreased or increased - you know like every professional MMO company does in their patch notes?

Details are important - you give no details - communication and transparency are important, these vague patch notes arent gonna cut it.

It gives a sense of Neowiz either intentinally hiding every change or them doing nerfs on the fly without even documenting exactly what they are doing

Neowiz - you guys are such a meme

Finally - they launched this and then massive  nerf across the board 3 days later???

If any of the Bless devs actually played the Steam version for like 30min prior to Steam launch they would have clearly seen this issue.

Not that we didnt know this before - but Neowiz has ZERO QA, and zero testing.

/smh

What is holding Bless back is pretty clear.

The devs have optimized servers added extra servers, fixed bugs and crashes, fixed an exploit and dealt with the exploiters, added pvp arena a week earlier than they were expecting to and made some balance changes 

IN FIVE DAYS!

I wonder how you would be viewing all this if you didn't play the other version.

Orinori said:

The devs have optimized servers added extra servers, fixed bugs and crashes, fixed an exploit and dealt with the exploiters, added pvp arena a week earlier than they were expecting to and made some balance changes 

IN FIVE DAYS!

I wonder how you would be viewing all this if you didn't play the other version.

Is the exploit you mention the dupe ?

Can you show me where it says they have actually fixed it because i can't find it any where, They say they're taking action about it, But wouldn't they need to close the game to fix it, Like with other bug fixes.

I have looked at today's patch notes and there is no mention of fixing it, The last news about maintenance was on 31st may which doesn't mention anything about fixing the dupe either. 

Today's patch notes.  https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1653264683478321637

Maintenance that happened on the 31st may.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1653264683470234871
    AnnaTS said:
    Orinori said:

IN FIVE DAYS!

Is the exploit you mention the dupe ?

Can you show me where it says they have actually fixed it because i can't find it any where, They say they're taking action about it, But wouldn't they need to close the game to fix it, Like with other bug fixes.

I have looked at today's patch notes and there is no mention of fixing it, The last news about maintenance was on 31st may which doesn't mention anything about fixing the dupe either. 

Today's patch notes.  https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1653264683478321637

Maintenance that happened on the 31st may.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1653264683470234871
    Have seen companies do server side fixes for stuff without shutting things down, no idea if that was possible for this, I am not a dev, just a long time gamer. They also mentioned you might not have access to your char while they adjust things which suggested to me they didn't need to shut down for getting rid of the items.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Orinori said:
    DMKano said:
    lol 

I mean can we get a detailed breakdown on each skill and what % it was decreased or increased - you know like every professional MMO company does in their patch notes?

Details are important - you give no details - communication and transparency are important, these vague patch notes arent gonna cut it.

It gives a sense of Neowiz either intentinally hiding every change or them doing nerfs on the fly without even documenting exactly what they are doing

Finally - they launched this and then massive  nerf across the board 3 days later???

If any of the Bless devs actually played the Steam version for like 30min prior to Steam launch they would have clearly seen this issue.

/smh

IN FIVE DAYS!

Rather amazing really, all that in 5 days, did they do any other 'in 5 days' stuff when the game launched in Korea, or Japan, or Russia? Time to get the popcorn out i guess, i think we're in for a show  ;)
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    SBFord said:

lol, I've made the same mistake.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.
    Octagon7711

I self identify as a monkey.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    DMKano said:
    lol 

/smh

I personally prefer that they don't give the specifics.  IMO it just lets ppl look for those statistically perfect builds( I know theres a term for this, but I can't think of it atm).  I prefer the, find out what works or doesn't work through testing.  The sense of discovery is something I enjoy.

Personally, I'm just happy knowing that they're watching and working on it.
    OrinoriKyleranMikeha

I self identify as a monkey.

Phry said:
    Orinori said:
    DMKano said:
    lol 

/smh

IN FIVE DAYS!

Rather amazing really, all that in 5 days, did they do any other 'in 5 days' stuff when the game launched in Korea, or Japan, or Russia? Time to get the popcorn out i guess, i think we're in for a show  ;)
    yes it was all a con so we could say how brilliant they are......

The 15 v 15 pvp was obviously pretty much ready to go but didn't seem to be in their roll out plan and is a reaction to public outcry. I find it really hard to criticize their response time for issues since launch.

Kyleran
    edited June 2018
    People are already complaining the nerf to damage is too much, There is other threads but i am not linking them all 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696048879944131162/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696048879944165877/
    Octagon7711
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Few users ever appreciate damage nerfs, no matter how necessary some will say they went too far, and now their character is "worthless."

Then we'll get the typical, "my entire guild, alliance, or state just refunded the game" posts, followed up apparently by people turning around and buying back in on a lower tier. (I know they disabled this somewhat)

As to complaints that this balance issue should have been caught in "testing," have people not figured out this "early access" release "IS" the test cycle, and not the actual game launch?

Apparently not. Probably would have been better if they had decided to wipe before final release, then players would have had a better understanding of what they were signing up for.

OrinoriOctagon7711mgilbrtsn

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    "- boss, boss, the damage the players do is too high!
    - well, lower it!
    - how much lower, boss? 30%? 50%? 70%?
    - who cares, pick one!
    - shouldn't we test it before, log into our test platform, see how the game feels?
    - lmao, we never do that, don't you know anything? just pick a number, if they complain redo it and pick another number!"

Octagon7711[Deleted User]
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited June 2018
    DMKano said:
    lol 

/smh

Umm L2 never told you what your stats equaled to and that game is still going.   CRIT, EVASION, MDEF, PDEF was just a number you never knew what % it translated to.  So ya its not a game breaker.  Some ppl just got used to getting every last detail so they can min/max everything and got spoiled.

They nerfed dmg and buffed hp.  Anyone can easily see the reasoning because pvp was over in 3 sec maybe after 1 or 2 chain rotations.
    edited June 2018
    Anyone who hasn't levelled to max level already, It's probably going to take them people a lot longer now than the people who already have, The changes in damage reduction seem rather big from what people are saying on the Steam forum. 

The Steam forum is littered with the same threads, Not sure why people keep creating another thread on the same topic, There is already plenty of threads on the first couple of pages talking about the same topic.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    AnnaTS said:
    Anyone who hasn't levelled to max level already, It's probably going to take them people a lot longer now than the people who already have, The changes in damage reduction seem rather big from what people are saying on the Steam forum. 

The Steam forum is littered with the same threads, Not sure why people keep creating another thread on the same topic, There is already plenty of threads on the first couple of pages talking about the same topic.
    This is class balance on the fly, it will cause them and the players no end of headaches.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I like the news about the nerf.  It needs to take people longer to progress because right now its just to fast and easy. Also I hope it will make people group more. 

Thank you for the Ranger dodge move change. I had totally taken that skill off my bar because it was only 1 use with a 30 second cool down.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Surely all this should be tested first ? public test server maybe ?