Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless or LOTRO

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
Im jonesing for a new MMO to kill some time with this weekend. Im thinking about checking out LOTRO which i havent played in in 8 or 9 years. Should i go with the relic from the past or hot new dumpster fire in bless.  The forum shall decide my fate
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

BLESS OR LOTRO
  1. BLESS OR LOTRO57 votes
    1. BLESS
      24.56%
    2. LOTRO
      75.44%

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    It depends on the experience you want.

Right now Lord of the Rings Online is very "serene". Oh, there's still life, at least on Brandywine where I play, but it doesn't have the hustle and bustle of something new like Bless. I'm not sure if Bless will have staying power but there is a certain bit of fun for people to learn something new, there's that new game energy, etc.

JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]Mikehagervaise1Rhoms
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Pretty simple decision. Bless is a pvp game and LOTRO  is a PvE game. Which do you want?
    I'd do either, i enjoy both
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    My advice: Lotro.
    If you choose Lotro and go to Laurelin - feel free to ask my toons for some help if you need some...
    JeffSpicoli
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Lotro

..Cake..

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The hot new dumpster fire.   :)

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    My choice was neither but that wasn't an option. Poll is rigged. RIGGED I TELL YA!
    Sovrathwingood

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LOTRO is the far better game
    ScotchUp
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Neither. I tried Lotro some months ago and couldn’t get into it cus it just feels so damn old. It hasn’t aged well. 
    Mikehaultimateduck
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    If LotRO felt good for you some time ago and you did not play through it at least once, then that's the game to go to. Stay away from Bless for now.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Lotro.

If Bless gets decent development speed, which is questionable, it might be a good game in a year or two. But right now Lotro is better.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    You could try both say a week and then decide.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
    I spent a little time in middle earth over the weekend and the game still holds up well. I mentioned in another post this is how you do a themepark. I don't know how long i'll stick with LOTRO but it is a really solid MMO and with the updated graphics pack which was a additional 8gb the game doesnt look all that bad in certain spots. While the Shire was stunning the dwarf area looked extremely dated. 

But the mechanics of the game and open-ness is outstanding . 
    Viper482
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    LotRO comparatively for just about everything you might find on a list defining a classic mmo.

Bless-omg, not-ready-for-prime-time!

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Bless.  LotR just felt old, I don't know how else to describe it.  I got Bless a few days ago to see if it was as bad as some make it out to be knowing I could return it if I didn't like it (win-win).  It wasn't... not even close.  I think Bless is great... then again, I'm not rushing though levels and content.
    Leiloni
    LOTRO is a WoW clone and an old one that has not aged well at all. . If that is what you are looking for then have at it. :#
    Viper482VrikaPanther2103Ricardo5802Allerleirauh
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Mikeha said:
    LOTRO is a WoW clone and an old one that has not aged well at all. . If that is what you are looking for then have at it. :#
    About as ignorant an opinion as it gets right here. 
    NephethRicardo5802Allerleirauh
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited June 2018
    Viper482 said:
    Mikeha said:

About as ignorant as an opinion as it gets right there.  

Panther2103Allerleirauh
    Viper482 said:
    Mikeha said:
    He's right when he says its a WOW clone because thats exactly what it is, A Vanilla WOW clone minus the PVP. To me thats a great thing. As far as the game aging poorly if you mean graphically i agree but only in certain zones. Like i said previously , The Hobbit starting zone looks great while the dwarf starting zone is laughable.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I'm having a lot of fun with Bless honestly. But if I wanted a PvE game I'd just go with something like GW2 or ESO, or if you really want to spam group content then FFXIV or WoW.