Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scammers Screaming Scammer ?

IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
edited May 2018 in Bless
Changes on Founder’s Packs: The standalone Deluxe and Collector’s Edition Founder's Packs will be temporarily taken off of the Store. Users were able to buy the Collector’s Edition, get all the in-game items, and then refund it. Then they could keep and use all the items by repurchasing the Standard Edition. We are continuing to work with Valve on this issue and will keep you posted! (The Founder’s Pack: Standard Edition will remain unchanged.)

I mean, how weak of a person you must be to do this? How many of the "LOLOL BLESS SUCKS!!! SO GLAD I REFUNDED!! YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME!!!" kind of players, did this? So you buy the game. Game has usual first launch day problems. You are coming to the forums, you cry about it , then you are asking a refund. You come back to the forums, you telling everyone how you happily got your refund and encourage people to not buy it. Now, after the most launch problems were fixed, you .. buy the game back. Even more, some of you specifically bought the Standard Edition , knowing that you will freely get the Deluxe and Collector's items for free. If I were NeoWiz, I wouldn't let this kind of people to purchase the game back.
The Ice is dark and full of terror.
Scot

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You are correct, such persons are pond scum but such is the world we live in.  They'll justify it for "reasons" of course, but none of them hold any water.

MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    Have such kind of people seriously not been around long before games in general? I mean, its like seeing those types that yell how bad gold sellers are while they are buying gold themselves....It was kind of obvious this would happen after some guy kept asking about the 150$ pack as well, wondering if people could just buy that pack just to get the "free copy," use the code and then refund the pack to get the game without paying for it.
  • ragebulletragebullet Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited June 2018
    Sure Neowhiz definitely screwed up, but anyone who did this on purpose is a freaking scumbag. nuff said
    SiniestrohIceDarkMrMelGibson
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Even if they are abusing a company's incompetence, it doesn't mean that what they are doing is correct. 

It's like people who steal other people's wallets and are like, "well they're stupid for losing it, so i'll take advantage."  . . . "oh shouldn't let their phone out of sight, i'll just take it."

There are so many ways to take advantage of incompetence, it doesn't mean its right. 

Integrity has nothing to do with other people's incompetence. I get offended just by having to lock my bike or having to lock stuff up. I do it barely, but I prefer to live in a society where I wouldn't need to lock my bike. 

Cryomatrix

Disclaimer: I still need to improve on my own integrity.

IceDarkMrMelGibsonOrinoriScot
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    edited June 2018
    DMKano said:
    OP - you realize that this is NeoWiz problem?

They are not handling account entitlements correctly.

Anyone who has ever worked with account based entitlement systems - such as packs that grant items/bonuses/perks etc - these are simple entitlements that basically take an account UID and flag appropriate database codes to grant those items/bonuses/perks etc...

If you buy a Deluxe or Collectors edition and then refund it - it's a simple step of taking that user's account and removing all entitlements associated with the packs (thus taking all the pack items away from the account) and just commiting that to the account database. So at the end of the process - the account with a refund has nothing.

If the user decides to re-purchase - new entitlments are granted from scratch so only the purchased pack items will be given to the account

This is literally the most basic account-database entitlement process that they are failing to execute properly. 

The root of the problem is not people scamming - the issue is NeoWiz's failure to "un-grant" or take the pack entitlments off the accounts that got refunds.

Amazing how you keep spinning issues where NeoWiz is clearly failing to handle (like this one) as something that is an end-user or player problem.

If they were able to do it right, nobody could scam anything, players are abusing NeoWiz's own incompetence.
    Bah! Shut up already ..

Is not like they had this problem before. The announcement is from the 30 this month. That means just 2 days after the Head start launch. So they did act fast. 

Might be Neowiz problem, but is clear you didn't really paid attention of what I said.

Scumbs , acting like pussy's. This is all about in my post. 

But I see what you did here. Never said is not NeoWiz fault ( for programming that is ), yet .. you once again , ignore what the qq-ers did, and still "punish" Neowiz. 

When are you going to move along ? Are you that hurt? Are you going to cry like the one we saw in that video ? 

Amazing how people can just see one side, but never the other. If you agree with what qq-ers did in the first 2 days, spamming every post, making hundreds of topics ,lying , almost begging other people to refund, trolling over and over again , and then they do this , well .. you are not to much ahead of them. 
    EponyxDamorKumapon
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • maksula234maksula234 Member CommonPosts: 9
    Don't hate the player, hate the game. :)