Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Executive Producer Issues an Apology & an Update on Bless's Rocky Start - Bless - MMORPG.com

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Question: Why is the collector's edition suddenly 119.99$? and the Deluxe is 39.99 now but the standard is 39.99? Or are they still in transition phase of prices cause the Standard founder pack price is the Deluxe being the same price is arse....
    lmfao i was about to explain how you were wrong but i went and looked. Wow wtf. The standard founder pack and deluxe really is the same price.

And when did they reduce the price of the collector's addition again? lol Rip to all the people who spent 150 2 days ago i guess.

So, Albatroes, someone pointed out to me. The deluxe and collector's edition is labeled under dlc. It requires you to have the base Bless online (30 dollar) game in order to actually get the dlc.

Those founder packs no longer come with the game it seems. Looks like only founders pack standard edition is showing that it comes with the game.
    If that's true about requiring the base game then I guess it make sense, since they are all 30$ lower than before.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2018
    "I'm REALLY REALLY ENJOYING MYSELF! I especially love how there is pretty colors. I'm so proud of Neowiz. Exploits? Fundamental performance issues? Localization gaffes" 

"No! No no no no no."

CryomatrixAlexanderVendiMadFrenchieShaigh
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I came. I saw. I refunded. Thanks to Steam support for granting it - no questions asked.
    I'll tell you, though... I felt it.. if for only a few minutes. That shiny-new-mmo rush. Creating your new toon and stepping into a new, unexplored world. Unfortunately, things went downhill quickly from there. We really need a worthy AAA mmorpg to release. Le sigh.
    I plan to check it out once there's a free trial or some shit lol
    HJ-Navarre
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Question: Why is the collector's edition suddenly 119.99$? and the Deluxe is 39.99 now but the standard is 39.99? Or are they still in transition phase of prices cause the Standard founder pack price is the Deluxe being the same price is arse....
    lmfao i was about to explain how you were wrong but i went and looked. Wow wtf. The standard founder pack and deluxe really is the same price.

And when did they reduce the price of the collector's addition again? lol Rip to all the people who spent 150 2 days ago i guess.

So, Albatroes, someone pointed out to me. The deluxe and collector's edition is labeled under dlc. It requires you to have the base Bless online (30 dollar) game in order to actually get the dlc.

Those founder packs no longer come with the game it seems. Looks like only founders pack standard edition is showing that it comes with the game.
    If that's true about requiring the base game then I guess it make sense, since they are all 30$ lower than before.
    Except the Standard founders pack. That one seems to give you the game too and isn't listed under DLC like the other 2.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Some hella stout stuff in here.

MadFrenchie
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Orinori said:
    Ooops, seems my numbers were off :/

all-time peak

playing 29 min ago

http://steamcharts.com/app/681660
    pretty low for a mmo in the steam only, maybe after archeage fiasco people learned and are waiting? maybe teh b2p barrier was bigger then ever this time? lest's wait and see how this will go
    34k is about what EVE averages daily for concurrency. That's not shabby at all.
    While understandable to compare in some ways, EVE is also 10+ years old.  You're comparing an early access release rush with player concurrency of a game that was built when Bush was still president.  That distinction can't be left out if you wanna paint an accurate comparison between the two.
    Someone said or implied 34k concurrency is weak. I'm pointing out that a robust game like EVE does 34K and that's a respectable number. That's all I'm saying. The only relevant qualifier in this is that they're both MMORPGs in the classic sense (hundreds or more can live in the same map at once).

Most MMOs never see concurrency numbers like WoW, ESO, or FF14. I think there is an impression that an MMO needs to hit those kinds of numbers or there's a problem. Even most single player games don't hit those numbers. Just look at SteamCharts.

Who's president, game age, and all that aren't relevant or if someone believes those are relevant then they need to support that claim.
    True that most established mmo's never see concurrency numbers like those 3 games mentioned. But almost every MMO does see fantastic numbers in the first week/days of launching. People raving about numbers when its still week 1(even month 1) just makes me laugh. Let's talk 6 months later. That's the true first test.

Just look at twitch. Day 1 saw something like 160k viewers thirsting for watching gameplay. With the terrible launch and core issues of the game not being fixed, that's of course fallen down to below 10k by day 3. But yea.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2018
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Orinori said:

all-time peak

playing 29 min ago

pretty low for a mmo in the steam only, maybe after archeage fiasco people learned and are waiting? maybe teh b2p barrier was bigger then ever this time? lest's wait and see how this will go
    While understandable to compare in some ways, EVE is also 10+ years old.  You're comparing an early access release rush with player concurrency of a game that was built when Bush was still president.  That distinction can't be left out if you wanna paint an accurate comparison between the two.
    Someone said or implied 34k concurrency is weak. I'm pointing out that a robust game like EVE does 34K and that's a respectable number. That's all I'm saying. The only relevant qualifier in this is that they're both MMORPGs in the classic sense (hundreds or more can live in the same map at once).

Most MMOs never see concurrency numbers like WoW, ESO, or FF14. I think there is an impression that an MMO needs to hit those kinds of numbers or there's a problem. Even most single player games don't hit those numbers. Just look at SteamCharts.

Who's president, game age, and all that aren't relevant or if someone believes those are relevant then they need to support that claim.
    Because it's not really debatable that the highest concurrency will occur right after release.  Are you saying that you think we can expect that Bless, unlike almost every video game ever, will retain higher concurrency as it ages than the release rush?

I would say you need to support that claim a lot more than supporting a claim of the norm (that concurrent players will likely go down as the release rush wanes).

As for the expectations, I can dig that.  Not sure I agree that 34k peak concurrent during a release rush could be considered good by any stretch of the imagination, though.  Not right after a release.  Not when they're not really competing against another MMORPG release, only an expansion afaik (Summerset).

Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Orinori said:

all-time peak

playing 29 min ago

Not when they're not really competing against another MMORPG release, only an expansion afaik (Summerset).
    you bring up a good point. Such a wasted opportunity because they picked the perfect time to launch. It makes me wonder if thats why they rushed and decided not to go with a beta of any sort. Because they wanted to make this launch date no matter what.
    BruceYee

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2018
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    Orinori said:

all-time peak

playing 29 min ago

Because it's not really debatable that the highest concurrency will occur right after release.  Are you saying that you think we can expect that Bless, unlike almost every video game ever, will retain higher concurrency as it ages than the release rush?

I would say you need to support that claim a lot more than supporting a claim of the norm (that concurrent players will likely go down as the release rush wanes).
    What? Dude, you're putting words in my mouth now. I'm only saying 34k concurrency isn't bad. That's it.

Are you going to argue that 34K concurrency for an average MMO is bad? It doesn't even mean 34k people liked it. It just means that many were playing at once. It implies nothing about how many will or won't play again.

I only made the comment because I think sometimes our expectations and perspectives get a little out of whack.

Maybe their concurrency would have been better if they'd been more prepared and let people in. As it stands they weren't and now they've made a bit of a mess.
    And I feel that saying that without context, specifically comparing it directly to EVE's recent concurrency without noting said context, doesn't paint an accurate picture.

The two games are in nowhere near the same place in their lifecycle here in the west.  That's worth noting if we're going to talk about comparative concurrency at all.

Now, if we're saying that the number is indicative of a genre retreating back into its niche and, as such, 34k looks good, I can get behind that.  It's likely little solace to the folks behind Bless's western release, though.  Specifically when there isn't much in the way of another genre release to compete with.

EDIT- for extra clarity of point.

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    One thing I'll say, if you are messing up your combos, the combat feels clunky as hell. If you are doing it right, it actually is pretty decent. So basically, if you don't like it that just means you suck. :)
    MadFrenchiemaelficmaskedweaselLeiloni
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    too little too late. IMO

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2018
    I came. I saw. I refunded. Thanks to Steam support for granting it - no questions asked.
    I'll tell you, though... I felt it.. if for only a few minutes. That shiny-new-mmo rush. Creating your new toon and stepping into a new, unexplored world. Unfortunately, things went downhill quickly from there. We really need a worthy AAA mmorpg to release. Le sigh.
    We won't see it for a long time,not until some developer can figure out a better way to fund a AAA game.
    I really don't want to post 300 lines explaining stuff so i'll make it quick.

You need to have a FULL game design well thought out,so then you can figure out your employee base and what engine to use and can your employees rapidly learn the tools.

You cannot build such a well designed well thought out game on founders packs,you have NOTHING to start with,so then what start a game design with 2 people,no money?This is why these games look so unpolished and lack depth,they are like assembly line games that are pieced together as money arrives.This is exactly the way SC is being built and why even with multiple millions that game is also looking terrible.
    HJ-NavarreOrinori

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Dvora said:
    One thing I'll say, if you are messing up your combos, the combat feels clunky as hell. If you are doing it right, it actually is pretty decent. So basically, if you don't like it that just means you suck. :)
    Pretty much this. There is a big issue with some combos, but I won't go into that here.  But for the most part, you can destroy enemies with the combos pretty well.  It's been hard for me to get overwhelmed when I'm destroying groups of 5 - 7 enemies in a single hit. 
    EponyxDamor

22,773 In-Game!

Yeah currently there are more people playing Stardew Valley (25,090 In-Game).
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    The first warning sign should have been the lack of a large closed and/or open beta. 

I'm glad I waited to purchase this.  I would still be interested, but they have a lot of damage control and fixing to do.

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Alomar said:
    Just watched my 40 man guild refund this morning and all our other allied guilds refund. Blatant misinformation if not false advertising with NO endgame, I've never seen a popular opinion/general consensus shift so fast before.
    I find it unbelievable 40 intelligent gamers could make such a poor buying decision in even trying a game so clearly not to their liking.

Fake news I'm thinking......
    StoneRosesLeiloniOrinori

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Kyleran said:
    Alomar said:
    Just watched my 40 man guild refund this morning and all our other allied guilds refund. Blatant misinformation if not false advertising with NO endgame, I've never seen a popular opinion/general consensus shift so fast before.
    I find it unbelievable 40 intelligent gamers could make such a poor buying decision in even trying a game so clearly not to their liking.

Fake news I'm thinking......
    I believe it.

I just think the only intelligent thing going on here is the refunds.
    psychosiz1

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499

Tiller said:

:D I don't even need to quote anything but the blatant cheer leading while the house is burning is hilarious. I dont' know if overzealous fan or other but still funny.

Yeah it kind of makes me want to mouth puke to be honest. I mean I wouln't say people should be all out salty over it, but it's definitely a WTF worthy moment since some of the people who payed extra to play early can't even do so. Honesty if I was dealing with this frustration and reading some of this rainbow and unicorn crap coming from that cult of followers I would be even more inclined to refund and never look back. The Jonestown of MMOs; they can have it.

eh paid for early access but get a month of premium, so it balances out to a better deal to people that buy on 30th and then buy premium
    psychosiz1
    The internet... still undefeated.  :D 
    HJ-NavarreBruceYeepsychosiz1NephethAlexanderVendi
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BruceYeepsychosiz1
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    edited May 2018
    Even after the apology, we know that someone hired those devs which were unable to do even the small .ini fixes that the community found. Any internal testing would have shown the crap state of optimization.
    Also, the same someone hired the people who translated the skills. How the heck did this get past internal testing, at least? Was it any internal testing? No English speaker in the team? Being rejected by Aeria due to QA standards doesn't say anything to you, as manager?

The same people also made the plans for the severs, and now people cannot play with their friends. No English community manager, no communication until they're forced to.

Those people are still leading the team now. Why would anyone expect that those people who took the decisions above will suddenly change their approach and hire professionals? Do they even have the money to do so? Rumor is they don't. Stamping it with the "Early Access" badge in order to release it in its actual state is no excuse, when you're charging 30+ euros for the product.

My fear is that, if we start accepting this, everyone will just release in EA... judging by the white knights standards, the game could be anything, as long as it's in EA.
    Kyleran
    DMKano said:
    Dvora said:

Have you played JP version?

Mage for example feels 100x better there because you important skills aren't locked 3 deep in a pointless combo and can be used as you wish.

It's not about messing up combos, it's about the absurd way they selected skills like knockback before you can use an AoE? Like what the hell....

Whoever designed the combo system for Steam has zero understanding about class skills, classes or hell even combo systems. 

It's clear that NeoWiz has lost all the original game devs who built the skill system  - as the combo system is a farce.
    Hey you know that party buff you want? Guess what, it's buried under 2 previous attacks. First one missed because of RNG start over. Oops, 2nd one missed because of RNG start over. OK now switch to other worthless stance so you can get attack buff. Oh sh!# only 1 combo tree is unlocked... aaaaand, other stance is on cool down. Please hold.

Combo System is a good IDEA but the execution is sorta bogus.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

So let me get this straight , shitty gameplay/combat/nostory/no endgame shitty fps on most high end machines b2p cash shop inventory lock dungeon finder behind pay mechanic what? whoever is buying this game just a reminder that you are the reason we don't get any quality mmo's anymore.

Wow! With last paragraph , you just quoted me when I am angry with the MMO industry this days.

But no, you didn't .. get this straight! Game play is not shitty, I LOVE the combat, and .. no story ? I really find the story to be very decent with also very decent english voices. No endgame..really , I mean .. is not like the content isn't there right? If this was the first time Bless released World Wide, then ..point would of been valid. But you are yet wrong. Is not there now , but it will be soon.

Shitty FPS .. yes and no. Yes in main cities and crowed areas, which I really don't like it either. But since , at least I , my main time right now is "out there" , is not a very big deal. But I would rather have a smooth FPS everywhere, to be fair, and I hope for the best here.

I don't really get what you are saying beyond this point. I mean, inventory lock is .. not bad and you will unlock most of it by the time you hit 45 ( same as in Aion ) . Dungeon Finder behind pay mechanic. You mean you need a stone to teleport directly to the dungeon if you're using Dungeon Finder? Well ..is not like the other 4 will say "hey , we all have bough this stone, so if you didn't well, we will kick you". Common sense tells me that most of the time , everyone will walk to the dungeon entrance.

So yea! You got it wrong with Bless. But I will fully support you with any KS MMo out there :)
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    DMKano said:
    Dvora said:

Mage for example feels 100x better there because you important skills aren't locked 3 deep in a pointless combo and can be used as you wish.

It's not about messing up combos, it's about the absurd way they selected skills like knockback before you can use an AoE? Like what the hell....

Whoever designed the combo system for Steam has zero understanding about class skills, classes or hell even combo systems. 

It's clear that NeoWiz has lost all the original game devs who built the skill system  - as the combo system is a farce.
    I don't know about you , but wouldn't make sense to knockback enemies first, then cast a 3+ seconds AoE skill ? I mean, how would you do it? Cast AoE first then knockback ? What if while casting the AoE spell , they stun you? 

I don't know , just saying.

For exemple, one of my fav chain for Guardian is : Rush ( by the time I hit the mob, he start casting a skill ) , next skill in the chain is "putting the target in the air - which do good damage and also interrupts ) , then the next one do massive damage , and if the target is not death , it has a 4 skill in the chain, which do an even bigger damage , but mostly , the 4th skill I fast tab the next target to hit with it ) .

I..understand where you are coming from, and being used with the combat skill system from JP is playing a huge role in liking or not the new combat system from EU/NA.

But for me, is awesome! And I really , really mean it. 
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    IceDark said:
    DMKano said:
    Dvora said:

I don't know about you , but wouldn't make sense to knockback enemies first, then cast a 3+ seconds AoE skill ? I mean, how would you do it? Cast AoE first then knockback ? What if while casting the AoE spell , they stun you? 

I don't know , just saying.
    There's no reason to have an AoE skill to follow a knock back. A single target skill following a knockback? Yes.

Knocking back everything you intend to hit just scatters them and prevents the AoE from being effective. Even worse in PvP, people will know immediately that once you've cast your knock back an AoE will follow -- Makes it incredibly easy to predict and dodge.

Most of the combos in the game have no thought process put into them, and don't seem to make sense from a gameplay perspective. They are literally just there to distract from the fact that the combat would be dreadfully boring if you weren't busy playing finger gymnastics to get to the ability you actually want to use. Especially since most things die in 1-2 hits anyways ...

Not sure why they wouldn't let folks just make their own combos. There's only a handful of skills for each class, but the combo system makes it seem a lot more "diverse" by duplicating the same handful of skills over and over in different finger gymnastic patters.
    [Deleted User]