Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access/Launch Updates

124»

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Stuck on splash screen problem is back. Day 2 of early start.

Neowiz is being quiet about it today.

It IS absolutely happening again and is not the fault of admin settings.

Change resolution in the launcher and after the game loads to the character select go back to your preferred resolution. 
    Tried this and it did not work.

Splash screen is actually the "server connection" screen, from what I understand, and if it faisl it never kicks you back. So, you're stuck looking at it forever instead. Just have to reload over and over until it works.

Anything else that "fixes" it is entirely coincidence as far as I know.

I had the problem 3 times and it worked all 3 times for me. You can also try changing the screen size from Full Screen or Window or Borderless. 
    Again, I tried all the suggested "fixes" and none of them worked for me, including fullscreen/borderless changes.

It finally worked for me after just closing/reopening after 3 hours -- Of course, the first thing I tried was all of the suggested fixes.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2018
    Screen resolution or window/borderless/fullscreen workaround is placebo. Confirmed.

That is unless the Game Client is some sort of sentient Borg program that is learning to defend itself from people wanting to play it and write scathing reviews.
    Kyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Screen resolution or window/borderless/fullscreen workaround is placebo. Confirmed.

That is unless the Game Client is some sort of sentient Borg program that is learning to defend itself from people wanting to play it and write scathing reviews.
    I'm reading people suggesting to turn DPI scaling on/off now too, as well as other off-the-wall "fixes" for the problem -- kinda makes me giggle. So, either these are placebo effects for restarting the game client, or the game client is so finicky that in order to launch there is a laundry list of settings that must be *perfect* in order for it to work properly. :D

Also, Neowiz confirmed that restarting the game client is the suggested fix.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Oh no, I think he's on to us!!!
    borg pictures and jokes  funny pictures  best jokes comics images video humor gif
    FlyByKnight

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Stuck on splash screen problem is back. Day 2 of early start.

Neowiz is being quiet about it today.

It IS absolutely happening again and is not the fault of admin settings.

Change resolution in the launcher and after the game loads to the character select go back to your preferred resolution. 
    Tried this and it did not work.

Splash screen is actually the "server connection" screen, from what I understand, and if it faisl it never kicks you back. So, you're stuck looking at it forever instead. Just have to reload over and over until it works.

Anything else that "fixes" it is entirely coincidence as far as I know.

I had the problem 3 times and it worked all 3 times for me. You can also try changing the screen size from Full Screen or Window or Borderless. 
    You forgot to tell him to face "East" while logging in...

But only if you live west of the login servers.

;)
    EponyxDamorOctagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Turns out there are exploits in the game that were in the other versions. Big exploits.

Also, you have to pay cash shop currency to teleport to the dungeon if you use the dungeon finder.
    Yeah man, this is like Archeage all over again. By the time they sort out the exploits most of the population will have been beaten out of their patience.

Combat has its quirks but it seems like it was the most interesting and enjoyable part of the game.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Finally reached level 30+ and wanted to get started with PvP. Turns out arenas/battlegrounds are not enabled. Did some more research, and there is currently no PvP ranking system, rewards, and the honor currency system is broken.

Guess its back to grinding to 45.
    Finally reached level 30+ and wanted to get started with PvP. Turns out arenas/battlegrounds are not enabled. Did some more research, and there is currently no PvP ranking system, rewards, and the honor currency system is broken.

Wow. Where/When does the PVP action start happening in open world? If ever get back in, I'd like to be prepared. I think I totally f#$%'ed up my gem situation too (thanks to those awesome translations).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Wow. Where/When does the PVP action start happening in open world? If ever get back in, I'd like to be prepared. I think I totally f#$%'ed up my gem situation too (thanks to those awesome translations).
     Depending on where you are you can do some PvP around low to mid 30s.  I'm a couple levels from 30, but some of the people I've spoken to said they've been to zones with higher level mobs and they weren't protected..  I'm mostly just doing hunting quests to level, so in no way am I doing things the most efficient way.  At this rate, I'll probably be 45 by friday. 
    EponyxDamor

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I like that you have the option to do hunting quest for people that like mob grind. Just finished the 1st dungeon and really enjoyed it. Loving this Archer so far. :)

EponyxDamorIceDark
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Lol @ the people jumping through 50 hoops to try and salvage this abomination.

I really don't get the appeal at all. They even somehow managed to make tab target combat even more linear by locking players into chains rather than building a skill bar.

Everything has been so massively dumbed down just to make sure people are progressing fast before they can refund. Didn't work thankfully.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:
    Jacobin said:

I really don't get the appeal at all. They even somehow managed to make tab target combat even more linear by locking players into chains rather than building a skill bar.

Everything has been so massively dumbed down just to make sure people are progressing fast before they can refund. Didn't work thankfully.
    Yeah they butchered the mage combat completely.

Zereker is the only class that has any kind of semblance to flow in combat. The other classes are just nowhere near as good as the JP version - the only saving grace for NeoWiz is that 99% of the playerbase has never played any other version, so they don't even know how much this sucks compared to previous combat.
    Some things about mage combat are awful, but there is a flow to it. At this point, I'm chain smashing hunting quests much faster than any other class with my mage.  
    MikehaIceDark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Mikeha said:
    I like that you have the option to do hunting quest for people that like mob grind. Just finished the 1st dungeon and really enjoyed it. Loving this Archer so far. :)

I remember how people ended up hating those "hunting quests" in rift since almost every new "mob family" you came across had this. Now old is new again.
    FYI Murabi & Lilyanthes are jumping intermittently from offline/online (for the people who haven't wisely refunded yet).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    FYI, if you're seeing a bunch of +10 upgrade alerts, that's the item dupe exploit at work. 

They'll claim to fix it, but what about all the people who will benefit from here on out for it?

RUINED.
    Orinori

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Urgent maintenance. 90 mins. "Check your inbox upon logging back in".

Account Inbox Issues.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    DMKano said:
    Jacobin said:

Yeah they butchered the mage combat completely.

Zereker is the only class that has any kind of semblance to flow in combat. The other classes are just nowhere near as good as the JP version - the only saving grace for NeoWiz is that 99% of the playerbase has never played any other version, so they don't even know how much this sucks compared to previous combat.
    Some things about mage combat are awful, but there is a flow to it. At this point, I'm chain smashing hunting quests much faster than any other class with my mage.  
    Exactly! I find mage to be very fast in killing mobs and I really like the way combo's work.

@DMKanothe only saving grace for NeoWiz is that 99% of the playerbase has never played any other version, so they don't even know how much this sucks compared to previous combat.

Which I believe..is true! Maybe not 99% but I would say 90%. 

I only played around 2 hours in Bless JP as a sin, so if you are getting me back there, after I played ..our version, I would surely say that the combat in Bless JP sucks big time in comparation with our version.

So.. yeah! 
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    edited May 2018
    IceDark said:
    ananit said:
    IceDark said:
    ananit said:
    14 years old engine, 32bit client, directx 9.
    i refunded after 10 minutes and an average of 15fps in town with beast gaming pc. not to mention the fucking atrocious controls.
    this is the first game i've ever refunded in over 2 decades of gaming.
    i didn't expect much but my goodness, this pile of garbage gave me tera flashbacks.
    Good think you didn't reviewed the game based on your .. 10 minutes of .. gaming on a launch day.

Wait .. did you ?
    why would i bother playing that generic pile of shit when you have games just as bad with more content and classes. tera/aion/archeage are all free to play, 40 bucks for bless is a stretch if not a scam.
    i expected the game to run at least ok but it doesn't.
    Actually , with this attitude,  I am amazed that you did bought it and played it for.. 10 minutes.

I mean it is clear that you have no real intention in actually get involved with the game, so why did you bother ? 

Was it so that you can come to the forums and cry? And people wouldn't get serious on you if you didn't say you.. bought it and "play" it ?

Ok, I get it now. Well .. good luck with your next game then.
    No, like me,  he gave it a shot and then refunded because it is a steaming turd of a game.  Those of us with half a brain and ability to discern shit from shinola need to take a stand so this garbage stops making it to the West and we stop being treated like cash cows.  Same holds true no matter how many delusional fanboys refuse to face the writing on the wall.
    That feature article is exactly why I started this thread. Irony.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯