Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Announces Fallout 76, the Newest Game in the Series - Fallout 4 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I expected another crappy mobile or remaster announcement. Welcome surprise.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Bug198Bug198 Member CommonPosts: 1

Torval said:

Iselin said:

Torval said:

Iselin said:

Rumor has it this is Fallout Online.

Yeah, that's been floating around. I'd really like to know. What would online look like?

Yup. That's the question. My guess is that it's more likely to be a survival builder than an MMO.

I'm thinking something more like Conan Exiles and ARK. The survival aspect fits right in. They can easily add an instanced BR mode to it.

And the other things is this is Bethesda, not ZoS doing it. Bethesda has no experience or clue in pulling off an MMO or decently sized multiplayer game. If it were going to be an MMO I'd think it would go to ZoS. I'm keeping the skeptical shades on until we learn more.

Also since it is Bethesda instead of ZoS I feel like it will be much more akin to FO4 rehashed than New Vegas which is a shame. I know it would mean loot crate hell and a bunch of other tawdry crap thrown in but I think I'd rather have ZoS do a complete game and do it online than I would Bethesda do another one of their half-baked rehashes. They don't really do online and they don't do polished well. They do almost good and then let modders do the rest.

When you think about it Bethesda has only done two of the games FO3 and FO4 (well Shelter too if you want to include that). The most popular games in the series were done by Black Isle and Interplay. Does Bethesda even have what it takes to pull of a good FO game?

The only reason Skyrim is popular and has any longevity at all is due to modding. The base game would have been forgotten years ago without it. I don't think Bethesda can ride on that much longer. Many games now include extensive and powerful modding. Bethesda's engine is old.

Hype is meeting reality early on for me so I have a heavy dose of skepticism.

I don't think you are giving Bethesda enough credit, they changed the way the game is played from the first games, not to mention they published what was in my opinion the best Fallout game, New Vegas and though they only fully owned the Fallout title three years after New Vegas was released, we still need to give them credit.

When you question wether Bethesda can or can't make a good Fallout game, I personally believe they already have made a good Fallout game when they released Fallout 4, it had a unique building system, and multiple endings for replay ability, to say that the modders are the only reason it was successful seems like a stretch, especially because it was one of the most popular games of it's time, and is still loved today.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Rellz said:

Battle Royal Fallout 76

This was honestly the first thing i thought of...
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The rumor floating about is that this WILL be like a Fallout "Destiny-Like" quasi MMO. We shall see!
    There were the rumors on twitter and 4chan by people who were correct about the title prior to the announcement that it's a Rust like survival PvP game. In the fallout universe that would be interesting. 

I'm hoping it is more like a Destiny quasi MMO, but either way anything fallout is great news.  
    [Deleted User]
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Torval said:

Iselin said:

Yeah, that's been floating around. I'd really like to know. What would online look like?

Its been years since i played Fallen Earth but i remeber that game had alot of interesting things going on. I think what hurt that game the most was the clunky feel but if you are looking for how a Fallout MMO might play (minus the outdated grapics and clunky feel) I would think fallout earth would be place to revisit
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Bug198 said:

Torval said:

Iselin said:

Torval said:

Iselin said:

Yup. That's the question. My guess is that it's more likely to be a survival builder than an MMO.

I'm thinking something more like Conan Exiles and ARK. The survival aspect fits right in. They can easily add an instanced BR mode to it.

And the other things is this is Bethesda, not ZoS doing it. Bethesda has no experience or clue in pulling off an MMO or decently sized multiplayer game. If it were going to be an MMO I'd think it would go to ZoS. I'm keeping the skeptical shades on until we learn more.

Also since it is Bethesda instead of ZoS I feel like it will be much more akin to FO4 rehashed than New Vegas which is a shame. I know it would mean loot crate hell and a bunch of other tawdry crap thrown in but I think I'd rather have ZoS do a complete game and do it online than I would Bethesda do another one of their half-baked rehashes. They don't really do online and they don't do polished well. They do almost good and then let modders do the rest.

When you think about it Bethesda has only done two of the games FO3 and FO4 (well Shelter too if you want to include that). The most popular games in the series were done by Black Isle and Interplay. Does Bethesda even have what it takes to pull of a good FO game?

The only reason Skyrim is popular and has any longevity at all is due to modding. The base game would have been forgotten years ago without it. I don't think Bethesda can ride on that much longer. Many games now include extensive and powerful modding. Bethesda's engine is old.

Hype is meeting reality early on for me so I have a heavy dose of skepticism.

I don't think you are giving Bethesda enough credit, they changed the way the game is played from the first games, not to mention they published what was in my opinion the best Fallout game, New Vegas and though they only fully owned the Fallout title three years after New Vegas was released, we still need to give them credit.

When you question wether Bethesda can or can't make a good Fallout game, I personally believe they already have made a good Fallout game when they released Fallout 4, it had a unique building system, and multiple endings for replay ability, to say that the modders are the only reason it was successful seems like a stretch, especially because it was one of the most popular games of it's time, and is still loved today.
    new vegas was not dev by bethesda, it was obsidian, funny enough teh supose spin off newvegas looked more like a fallout then fallout 3 and 4
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

SBFord said:

I'll admit that the first thing I thought seeing the jacket at the end was, "Soldier 76" >.>

yeph, what was going trough my mind was that bethesda is making overwatch content now .. xD
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Iselin said:

that rumor has been floating around for some 10 odd years... would not put much stock in it.

Now a prequel game set in west virginia with some light online... now that i could get behind.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

This have been a good conversation

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    TEKK3N said:
    Rellz said:
    Battle Royal Fallout 76
    Probably.

I hoped they announced TES 6 though.
    They better announce a completely new game engine before they announce any new games.  The Creation Engine is on it's last legs.  No, scratch that, the creation engine is dead.  It's a dead horse that's been run over by a car, and beat with baseballs bats.  It's so old, that God took one of it's ribs to create Fortran.

I won't pre-order, buy or play another Elder Scrolls or Fallout game that is created in this shambling corpse of a game engine.
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I hope its not a forced PvP game like Rust or DayZ. They had some of the worst communities, as bad as the PvP servers on Ark. Pretty much any survival PvP game has terrible communities lol. And as far as MMOs go. I remember Age of Conan PvP servers the communities on them killed their own servers rofl. Then they moved to the PVE servers after they killed their own servers and also killed the PVE servers lol. Which Ark PVE (and Conan Exiles PVE) servers for most part had/have far better communities. 

And I remember trying out Fallout Online a long time ago, and wow did that community suck worse than any game I ever played rofl. It made the community on RUST look like a bunch of carebears

I hope its more like Destiny, with a PVE/story focus and a separate area for PvP. Destiny 2 for most part has a really decent community if you avoid the PvP stuff.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I'm more anticipating that Starfield, but I hope Bethesda has kicked it up a notch for this Fallout, I think they coasted during that last one a bit.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited May 2018
    Glancing at Reddit in the new Fallout 76 subreddit. People are hoping it has a singleplayer option (like Conan Exiles and Ark has).

Or (like I hope above if its forced online) its a co-op/singleplayer game similar to Destiny 2. Very few are wanting an actual RUST survival PvP clone.

Some are worried its gonna be a battle royale game, which even less people want (on that subreddit) than a RUST clone.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Survival PvP anything is going to fail, unless they plan to revamp the entire game engine. The game does not run optimally for anything online. Even in single player it feels clunky.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Sources say it is a survival online game with base building. Inspired by Rust and DayZ
    If it goes this route with similar crap design and performance you've just identified the first Fallout game I will likely never buy.

Toss in BR and just finish it off for me...

:# 

MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Well unlike most in the comment section. I'm looking forward to seeing more about it.

With the way everyone acts when they announce anything new anymore they should just stop making games and everyone should find a new hobby.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I have heard its going to be their take on a RUST like game.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Kyleran said:
    What if its a VR game from launch?

Built for VR from the get go and only for VR.. ohh man people would be so mad.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Its too bad Bethesda won't hire Tim Cain to make a real Fall Out. I wonder what else they'll strip from FO to make this one even less FO and more kid friendly. You "assume the role" of Geralt of Rivia and have to craft your way out of the apocalypse.
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited May 2018
    Ive got a feeling its a Fallout Shelter in 3D world builder type game, a side project while they continue working on their main new game, Elder Scrolls 6, which wont be ready for another 2 years.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    adam_nox said:
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
    interest rapidly waning........
    Aeander[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Fallout 76 -- 76,000 years later the vault awakens to find the world outside a swampland and strange but intelligent lizard creatures talking about some ancient scrolls.
    [Deleted User]IselinGorweCyber_wasteland
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    centkin said:
    Fallout 76 -- 76,000 years later the vault awakens to find the world outside a swampland and strange but intelligent lizard creatures talking about some ancient scrolls.
    the ancient scrolls tell the tale of the legendary mirelurkborn and his institute-made plasma fusrodah

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    centkin said:
    That IS the long term Zenimax plan: The fallout series as alternate reality near future, their new IP set several hundred or thousand years after that and the Elder Scrolls many thousands of years after that in the far future.

They're going full Shannara with the idea that the magic world is far future instead of long forgotten ancient past.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED