Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People have been reporting there is a dupe in game.

Comments

• GirngRodriguezGirngRodriguez Member CommonPosts: 8
    This thread was just closed, and all posts were deleted, had about 13 or 15:

No one was discussing the dupe method (how to do it), just discussing what should be done about it. If there should be a rollback, etc.

They are really censoring it now. What they should do is do an emergency maintenance and remove the dupe and then make a announcement saying it was fixed. I feel like they are being extremely incompetent imo.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Game is FUBAR I doubt it will be around long.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751

No one was discussing the dupe method (how to do it), just discussing what should be done about it. If there should be a rollback, etc.

They are really censoring it now. What they should do is do an emergency maintenance and remove the dupe and then make a announcement saying it was fixed. I feel like they are being extremely incompetent imo.

They are aware of the problem, they are working on it. What good do you think can come from letting the forums be filled with talk of dupes?
    Orinori said:

They are aware of the problem, they are working on it. What good do you think can come from letting the forums be filled with talk of dupes?

I think players have every right to discuss about what should be done. There is a big difference between sharing the dupe method (which I agree, should be deleted), and simply just talking about what direction the devs should do after it's fixed.

Orinori said:

I think players have every right to discuss about what should be done. There is a big difference between sharing the dupe method (which I agree, should be deleted), and simply just talking about what direction the devs should do after it's fixed.

And you think talking about dupes will be good for the healthy growth of the game? You also believe the devs are incapable in determining what is the best action after this kind of event and really need player input?
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Orinori said:
    Orinori said:

And you think talking about dupes will be good for the healthy growth of the game? You also believe the devs are incapable in determining what is the best action after this kind of event and really need player input?
    These same devs thought it was a brilliant idea to launch with lumena being char bound(after being pressed and coming out that it was an error) and still no word on if the founders pack items were supposed to be account bound or not, as they are char bound.

So, i personally believe they're incapable of determining the best action after this kind of event. Yes, they desperately need player input, its why they desperately should have done an open or closed beta BEFORE accepting money for this early access nonsense.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

edited May 2018
    Orinori said:
    Orinori said:

Sir, there was a dupe method (not sure if the SAME exact one), but it existed back in the earlier versions of this game. It still has not be fixed.

If the servers are not shut down now for emergency maintenance to fix this dupe method, that means the developers are willingly letting the economy become ruined. So yeah, I do believe they are incapable.

It's also important for the players to give feedback, and it's important that the developers allow the community to discuss important aspects about the game. Censoring that is not the answer, and never will be.

This dupe method has been going on for far too long.. It's almost laughable at this point.
    edited May 2018
    Interesting, DMKano said the dupe was fixed in the other version but in the localisation process it reared its head again unnoticed but that the exploit is also a different one to this 'new' dupe (that they are now working on fixing).

The devs and I don't agree with your other points either. 
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Apparently there are people already with 10+ items, I'm not sure if you can do that legit in the amount of time the server has been open, Maybe someone already playing the game could explain if you can.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless/comments/8ndjg2/devs_taking_action_against_dupers_if_you_have_any/
    AnnaTS said:
    Apparently there are people already with 10+ items, I'm not sure if you can do that legit in the amount of time the server has been open, Maybe someone already playing the game could explain if you can.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless/comments/8ndjg2/devs_taking_action_against_dupers_if_you_have_any/
    In your link it says the Bless team will be removing all duped items and any currency that came from duping. My favorite part 'taking the necessary action against the use of duping'

BANHAMMER INC!
    EponyxDamor
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    IceDark said:
    AnnaTS said:
    AnnaTS said:
    I see they have gone and deleted the thread i linked from Steam, But i see more people are talking about the dupe they're just hidden inside threads without the word dupe in the title. 

I don't know why they're deleting threads still because the word is just going to get around.
    They released a response to the issues saying they will be looking into the dupe thing and fix it. 
    I missed it the first time i read it, I just noticed what they said now, Not even a mention of banning people who use it. 

Along with the performance issues, our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug. Once we can replicate this issue and solve it, we will let all of our players know. 

So people can still keep duping items until they solve it then, Ok.

From here in case other people haven't read the apology.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696048879937125939/

Hold on there ..

They never said that IT IS a duplicate bug and I am yet to find any evidences on any website in the world. All of them are "I heard someone" , "A friend told me that a friend of him said he was been told by a guild member that another player is duplicating items" , and alike.

...our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug.

Reported - Aka, someone reported something about the item duplication bug. 
    Potential - Might be, they don't know yet. 

Not saying it does not exist, but until clear statements from the Devs and/or clear evidences , we can just assuming now.

I mean, I am really asking myself. Every duplicated bug out there from other games has proofs "screen shots , videos" at least. Here we just have words. 

If anyone has any clear evidences, go ahead. I will more then welcome appreciate it, because in the last 2 days, I heard so many things about Bless , that at least half of them were "home made".

I even saw a guy crying ( for real ) about the state of Bless in the first ( EA - Head Startlaunch day an a half. So yeah, things are a bit .. crazy right now. Which .. I started to pretty enjoy the drama. More publicity for Bless.
    Number 1 Shill ever here ladies and gentlemen.
    This is the alt account of the same ice... chap who got banned on these forums so not surprised.

Not reassuring that this game is so easily exploited though all things considered.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
    Orinori said:
    AnnaTS said:

In your link it says the Bless team will be removing all duped items and any currency that came from duping. My favorite part 'taking the necessary action against the use of duping'

BANHAMMER INC!
    I don't see any benefit with keeping the servers open with the way they are at the moment, With the performance issues, people disconnecting and people duping items, I think it would be best for them to close the server and fix the issues then re open the servers. 

I didn't take part in the head start but i watched a few twitch streams and all of them kept disconnecting, When they reconnected it was like how long with i stay connected until i disconnect again, One of them disconnected like 6 times in 2 hours and it would take time to get back into the game again. 

I think it would be best if they closed all servers, Fixed the issues and restarted the head start, Instead of taking the easy option and just throwing free lumena at people, Even if it took 2, 3, 4 weeks to do at least it would be doing something and maybe they could add the endgame content people are waiting for. 

All we have is taking their word they will remove all the duped items and gold made from duped items, If they took the servers offline and fixed the problems, At least we would know all the duped items and gold made would be gone. 
    edited May 2018
    AnnaTS said:

All we have is taking their word they will remove all the duped items and gold made from duped items, If they took the servers offline and fixed the problems, At least we would know all the duped items and gold made would be gone. 
    How would you know? wouldn't you only still have their word that is was all removed?

The server issues a couple of days after launch are completely normal for a large MMORPG, especially one that has had changes to code but zero large stress test and minimal QA on brand new servers. Some of those issues they are facing they can't even address without having the servers open.
    Post edited by Orinori on
    Orinori said:
    AnnaTS said:

How would you know? wouldn't you only still have their word that is was all removed?

The server issues a couple of days after launch are completely normal for a large MMORPG, especially one that has had changes to code but zero large stress test and minimal QA on brand new servers. Some of those issues they are facing they can't even address without having the servers open.
    You obviously didn't read my whole post, There is no benefit for the player at the moment for the servers to still be open the way they are, They're taking money off people and giving them a rubbish product, Even though some may think $30, $40, $70, $150 isn't a lot, But it is for some people, You know some people only earn minimum wage. 

The only little benefit i can is for Bless which is they're taking money from people and even then it's only a small one because people are refunding the game and leaving bad reviews, If they weren't changing money for this it wouldn't be as bad, But they are. 

They need to take the servers down, Fix the problems and restart the servers again, Give the people who paid for the head start, A proper head start, Even if it takes 2, 3, 4 weeks, Instead of just taking the easy option and throwing free lumena at people, Which is really not worth anything, You can't buy anything in the real world with the currency, Only in Bless which is a mess right now.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    IceDark said:
    AnnaTS said:
    AnnaTS said:
    I see they have gone and deleted the thread i linked from Steam, But i see more people are talking about the dupe they're just hidden inside threads without the word dupe in the title. 

I don't know why they're deleting threads still because the word is just going to get around.
    They released a response to the issues saying they will be looking into the dupe thing and fix it. 
    I missed it the first time i read it, I just noticed what they said now, Not even a mention of banning people who use it. 

Along with the performance issues, our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug. Once we can replicate this issue and solve it, we will let all of our players know. 

So people can still keep duping items until they solve it then, Ok.

From here in case other people haven't read the apology.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696048879937125939/

Hold on there ..

They never said that IT IS a duplicate bug and I am yet to find any evidences on any website in the world. All of them are "I heard someone" , "A friend told me that a friend of him said he was been told by a guild member that another player is duplicating items" , and alike.

...our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug.

Reported - Aka, someone reported something about the item duplication bug. 
    Potential - Might be, they don't know yet. 

Not saying it does not exist, but until clear statements from the Devs and/or clear evidences , we can just assuming now.

I mean, I am really asking myself. Every duplicated bug out there from other games has proofs "screen shots , videos" at least. Here we just have words. 

If anyone has any clear evidences, go ahead. I will more then welcome appreciate it, because in the last 2 days, I heard so many things about Bless , that at least half of them were "home made".

I even saw a guy crying ( for real ) about the state of Bless in the first ( EA - Head Startlaunch day an a half. So yeah, things are a bit .. crazy right now. Which .. I started to pretty enjoy the drama. More publicity for Bless.

NeoWiz devs have confirmed the dupe themselves on forums.

Its their number one priority.. cough cough... its the same exploit from years ago, ehm.

Talk about saving face.

NeoWiz is hitting new levels on the incompetence scale with Steam launch.

Don't worry, they have the perfect excuse, its still in Beta  ;)
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660

"We were able to identify the cause of the duplication bug while investigating it as our highest priority, and are taking action to resolve the issues caused.

Action details:
    We will collect all the items/gold earned from this duplication bug.
    If the duplication bug was used less than 10 times, we will issue a ‘Warning’.
    If the duplication bug was used more than 10 times, we will block their accounts for three days.
    If the duplication bug was used more than 10 times and considered to be deliberate, we will block their accounts for 15 days.

Action will take place on May 31st"
    IceDarkmaskedweasel
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They won't close the servers.  That would mean the money would stop coming in and more refunds.  Of course they could tell people those who hang in there through this difficult period will get some kind of a bonus but I don't see them doing that either, other then the one they mentioned earlier.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    I used to think only Cryptic Studio could be that incompetent.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    These types of exploits don't get fixed unless there is a roll back/wipe or doever which never happens because people would lose their eternal sh!%.

What happens now is the contrived ban wave that will include many false positives then a "Mission Accomplished" from Neowiz. Meanwhile a couple guilds who figured out a workaround will run around two-shotting the competition for Turban nodes until servers are left with a bunch of plebs "loving" the honeymoon phase.

I WANT to be wrong though...
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    - What makes you think it's a dupe?
    - She turned me into a newt!
    - A newt?
    - I got better.
    - Burn it anyway!
    - Quiet! Quiet!

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

These types of exploits don't get fixed unless there is a roll back/wipe or doever which never happens because people would lose their eternal sh!%.

What happens now is the contrived ban wave that will include many false positives then a "Mission Accomplished" from Neowiz. Meanwhile a couple guilds who figured out a workaround will run around two-shotting the competition for Turban nodes until servers are left with a bunch of plebs "loving" the honeymoon phase.

I already posted their action plan they claim is happening today just a couple of posts up.
    maskedweasel
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

YOU are wrong. You are wrong since Bless wasn't even launched.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1653264683473839857

Where are the people saying they will not be able to fix and/or will take time and/or they will do nothing ?!

In before "but .. no perma-ban?" , those temporary bans are very ok as long as all the items earned in the bug process are being deleted. 

They should however "red-flag' the said accounts, and the next time they will abuse a bug, then a perma-ban should follow with no other questions.

So in 3 days since release, they fixed most of the launch problems, and now they will fix the dupe bug. Now tell that this is not fast enough for the haters. 
    maskedweasel
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
    Orinori said:

"We were able to identify the cause of the duplication bug while investigating it as our highest priority, and are taking action to resolve the issues caused.

Action details:
    If the duplication bug was used more than 10 times, we will block their accounts for three days.
    If the duplication bug was used more than 10 times and considered to be deliberate, we will block their accounts for 15 days.

Well i hope they do a good job, I will be watching what happens over the next week because i wasn't on planning buying the game until next Friday. 

I still think wiping the server and fixing the problem is better because then you know everything is gone with people having to start fresh, It's not like the game has been out weeks so not sure what the problem is, Even the main end game dungeons and PVP isn't in the game, So it's not like people lose a lot of progress. 

So no one is actually going to get banned, Just like i said because i noticed in their earlier responses they never mentioned the word banned, People have been assuming that is what they would do.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    AnnaTS said:
    Orinori said:

Action details:

Well i hope they do a good job, I will be watching what happens over the next week because i wasn't on planning buying the game until next Friday. 

I still think wiping the server and fixing the problem is better because then you know everything is gone with people having to start fresh, It's not like the game has been out weeks so not sure what the problem is, Even the main end game dungeons and PVP isn't in the game, So it's not like people lose a lot of progress. 

So no one is actually going to get banned, Just like i said because i noticed in their earlier responses they never mentioned the word banned, People have been assuming that is what they would do.
    PvP is in the game, just not the arenas ATM.  There are level 45 dungeons in the game. 

edited May 2018
    AnnaTS said:
    Orinori said:

Action details:

So no one is actually going to get banned, 
    They will be banned up to 15 days depending on their activities. I think this is a reasonable action, this is a dev oversight that allowed people to dupe with little effort, not exactly comparable with hacking and the likes.