Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Matchmaking & Servers Are Stabilized for a 'Zero Queue' - Dauntless - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited May 2018
    I'm sure a number of folks playing for an hour before uninstalling it didn't help the queues at all. ;) The combat needs to be tightened up badly. The controls are stiff and not intuitive. Here's hoping they eventually make this game fun and worth playing soon.

Joined - July 2004

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Played it a bit....I like the idea of hunting down big monsters but the game is terribly boring....run around the same empty island looking for one creature....when you find it all it does is try to knock you down over and over....combat is clunky at best....super slow and simple....I don't get it....doesn't even satisfy my hack and slash urge.....meh
  • kzweedkzweed Member UncommonPosts: 12

Krynt0k said:

I have it downloaded, waiting to play I was wondering if this game could be played on an xbox controller

I can confirm, im playing with my Xbox One Wireless Controller with a charm. It's a must really
  • milayskymilaysky Member UncommonPosts: 39
    only 5 loading screens to log on in to the game ..gj so far ..yeah and graphics on epic option ..no epic thingy is hapening ..I'll wait for them to include super extra special epochal galactical halt and catch fire option to see some non pixelate foliage sharpnes at least. ..yeah yeah beta ..maybe i'll find some fun until then ..still waiting for that to hapen tho. gonna doubleclick that icon now..
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I tried this the other night and was really surprised, I found it fun. I love the graphics and the animations on the monsters are well done. I could see though how people say this is boring, Iv been playing in 45 minute spurts and then iv had enough, But its fun, in small doses. 

One of the things that really turned me off from monster hunter was the washed out graphics, It annoyed me from day 1. I like what they are doing with dauntless visually.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    thunderC said:
    I tried this the other night and was really surprised, I found it fun. I love the graphics and the animations on the monsters are well done. I could see though how people say this is boring, Iv been playing in 45 minute spurts and then iv had enough, But its fun, in small doses. 

One of the things that really turned me off from monster hunter was the washed out graphics, It annoyed me from day 1. I like what they are doing with dauntless visually.
    I don't have any issues with Dauntless' art style, but it appears to have serious lighting issues. Especially in town, character models (especially hair) appear to be stupidly shiny and metallic, as if the series stole Dragon Age Inquisition's bad lighting.