Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate 2 Years of Thrills & Chills with a Free DLC - Dead By Daylight - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCelebrate 2 Years of Thrills & Chills with a Free DLC - Dead By Daylight - MMORPG.com

Dead By Daylight News - The Dead by Daylight team has announced that it is celebrating two big years of the game's life with a "new chapter and online store". The new content is already available via the brand new PC public test build. "Curtain Call" introduces players to The Clown and Kate Denson and takes place in Campbell's Chapel.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I wanted to go back to this game recently, but the sheer amount of DLC threw me off. I really don't want to miss out on being able to play in new environments but I also don't want to have to pay 40 dollars just to play against all the possible enemies.
  • NoTxGooDNoTxGooD Member UncommonPosts: 15

I wanted to go back to this game recently, but the sheer amount of DLC threw me off. I really don't want to miss out on being able to play in new environments but I also don't want to have to pay 40 dollars just to play against all the possible enemies.

You dont need to buy any dlc to play. The only reason to buy the dlc is to play the new killer or survivor but even without you can still play vs the new killer or alongside other players with the new survivor.
    SBFord
  • jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96

I believe (haven't played in awhile) you can still play on all the maps, but are only locked out of the new killers and survivors. With this new shop, maybe you can buy the new survivors with in game cash/item.
  • MWalkahMWalkah Member CommonPosts: 1
    As the previous comments stated, you don't have to own any DLC to be able to play against (or on the same team as) any DLC killer (or DLC survivor). All maps are also available for everyone. The only (previous) restriction is that you had to pay for the DLC to be able to play as its killer and survivor. With the new system (now in the PTB) that's partially changed: you can unlock all the unlicensed DLC characters with playtime (licensed ones, like Michael Myers and Fedddy Kruger still need to be unlocked with money - but again, you can play against them with just the basegame). Their reasoning behind this was to not split the player base based on the DLCs owned.
  • morphfmorphf Member CommonPosts: 3
    you lied