Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People have been reporting there is a dupe in game.

Comments

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited May 2018
    Well in the Q&A they posted on 17th may, They said the reason for no direct trading was so there would be no black market, I would say duped items are part of the black market. 

I am not buying the game after finding this out until they have fixed the problem, I don't use cheats and i will not use a dupe, It just wouldn't sit well with me knowing that people will be using it.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Tested out discord myth about getting muted for asking about item dupe. It's not a myth.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Not directly related, just wondering what happens if someone buys the $150 pack, gives away the 2nd game code and then applies for a refund
    DMKano said:

you get a refund is what happens.

the 2nd code wont work anymore
    Thanks for info.
    How about this scenario:
    - scammer buys 150$ pack, sells the "free code" on a dubious website
    - unsuspecting guy buys the "free code" for half price, sees that it works
    - scammer applies for refund and gets it

Does the unsuspecting guy get his account banned / blocked?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    That's an awfully suspicious scenario there buddy... Are you trying to scam people to get money?

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    In other games I've seen exploits get put on low priority until people started complaining about them a lot.  Then they had to make it a high priority.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited May 2018
    Bloodaxes said:
    That's an awfully suspicious scenario there buddy... Are you trying to scam people to get money?
    No, just to rise awareness about how flawed is all this and that many might get scammed. Ofc. everyone should avoid dubious websites, that's common knowledge. Also, wondering if this was the reason for the initially announced "no refunds for these products" policy.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    simmihi said:
    DMKano said:

Thanks for info.
    How about this scenario:

Possibly.

But it's also common scenario that
     1. Criminal uses stolen credit card to purchase game key(s)
     2. Unsuspecting guy buys the game key from a suspicious website

Buying this key isn't really more risky than buying other keys from suspicious websites.

Vrika said:
    simmihi said:
    DMKano said:

Thanks for info.
    How about this scenario:

Possibly.

Buying this key isn't really more risky than buying other keys from suspicious websites.
    In my view it is more dangerous, as it can happen at a large scale here, no stolen credit cards involved.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    simmihi said:
    Vrika said:
    simmihi said:
    DMKano said:

Thanks for info.
    How about this scenario:

Possibly.

In my view it is more dangerous, as it can happen at a large scale here, no stolen credit cards involved.
    On the other hand it might not be so easy for the scammer to get a refund:

If the second code has to be given through Steam's gifting system it's not possible to get refund any more after it's been transferred:
      https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6643-QEUV-0459

Even if it's not transferred through Steam's own gifting system, Steam could deny refunding the package based on that second key being already used.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Vrika said:
    simmihi said:
    DMKano said:

Thanks for info.
    How about this scenario:

Possibly.

I've used these suspicious websites before to buy keys, and that's how my LoTRO account got banned. The key got refunded for an expansion and I got flagged. That's not to say all the keys on these sites are bad, but there is always that chance you get banned. 
    edited May 2018
    Vrika said:

If the second code has to be given through Steam's gifting system it's not possible to get refund any more after it's been transferred:

Even if it's not transferred through Steam's own gifting system, Steam could deny refunding the package based on that second key being already used.
    Yea, what you say sounds logical and I hope it's like this. Still, an increased danger now to buy "cheap" Bless keys. Also, the packs have the "no refund" tag but Steam already gave a ton of refunds so....
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    simmihi said:
    Vrika said:

Yea, what you say sounds logical and I hope it's like this. Still, an increased danger now to buy "cheap" Bless keys. Also, the packs have the "no refund" tag but Steam already gave a ton of refunds so....
    Even if steam did no refunds, the customer could simply do a chargeback, so....Happened quite a bit with BDO back in the day tbh.
    Albatroes said:
    simmihi said:
    Vrika said:

Even if steam did no refunds, the customer could simply do a chargeback, so....Happened quite a bit with BDO back in the day tbh.
    The Steam-launched BDO? Doubt that Valve would feel good about a chargeback. On the other hand, anyone exploiting this would just use a new account, probably. All in all, seems that cheap keys are a strong "no", especially for Bless.
    I see they have gone and deleted the thread i linked from Steam, But i see more people are talking about the dupe they're just hidden inside threads without the word dupe in the title. 

I don't know why they're deleting threads still because the word is just going to get around.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited May 2018
    Albatroes said:
    simmihi said:
    Vrika said:

Not on steam. If you chargeback steam, you can kiss your steam library goodbye because your account would have been banned. There's a reason people despise when games launch on steam.

When you buy a game on steam, it is never truly yours.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    AnnaTS said:
    I see they have gone and deleted the thread i linked from Steam, But i see more people are talking about the dupe they're just hidden inside threads without the word dupe in the title. 

I don't know why they're deleting threads still because the word is just going to get around.
    They released a response to the issues saying they will be looking into the dupe thing and fix it. 

AnnaTS said:

They released a response to the issues saying they will be looking into the dupe thing and fix it. 
    I missed it the first time i read it, I just noticed what they said now, Not even a mention of banning people who use it. 

Along with the performance issues, our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug. Once we can replicate this issue and solve it, we will let all of our players know. 

So people can still keep duping items until they solve it then, Ok.

From here in case other people haven't read the apology.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696048879937125939/

• GirngRodriguezGirngRodriguez Member CommonPosts: 8
    edited May 2018
    Looks like they went ahead and deleted the thread. The sad part is, this dupe method has been around in the other versions of the game. Spanning from over 5+ years ago, and still not fixed. They keep censoring the threads related to it, when players have every right to let other players know of such dupe method exists.

What they should do is what Path of Exile would do. Do an emergency maintenance and fix the dupe. But nope, they continue to censor the threads and players, and think it's a non-issue.

This game won't last long imo.
    [Deleted User]
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    AnnaTS said:
    AnnaTS said:

I missed it the first time i read it, I just noticed what they said now, Not even a mention of banning people who use it. 

Along with the performance issues, our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug. Once we can replicate this issue and solve it, we will let all of our players know. 

Hold on there ..

They never said that IT IS a duplicate bug and I am yet to find any evidences on any website in the world. All of them are "I heard someone" , "A friend told me that a friend of him said he was been told by a guild member that another player is duplicating items" , and alike.

...our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug.

Reported - Aka, someone reported something about the item duplication bug. 
    Potential - Might be, they don't know yet. 

Not saying it does not exist, but until clear statements from the Devs and/or clear evidences , we can just assuming now.

I mean, I am really asking myself. Every duplicated bug out there from other games has proofs "screen shots , videos" at least. Here we just have words. 

If anyone has any clear evidences, go ahead. I will more then welcome appreciate it, because in the last 2 days, I heard so many things about Bless , that at least half of them were "home made".

I even saw a guy crying ( for real ) about the state of Bless in the first ( EA - Head Startlaunch day an a half. So yeah, things are a bit .. crazy right now. Which .. I started to pretty enjoy the drama. More publicity for Bless.
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
    IceDark said:
    AnnaTS said:
    AnnaTS said:

Hold on there ..

They never said that IT IS a duplicate bug and I am yet to find any evidences on any website in the world. All of them are "I heard someone" , "A friend told me that a friend of him said he was been told by a guild member that another player is duplicating items" , and alike.

Not saying it does not exist, but until clear statements from the Devs and/or clear evidences , we can just assuming now.

I mean, I am really asking myself. Every duplicated bug out there from other games has proofs "screen shots , videos" at least. Here we just have words. 

If anyone has any clear evidences, go ahead. I will more then welcome appreciate it, because in the last 2 days, I heard so many things about Bless , that at least half of them were "home made".

I even saw a guy crying ( for real ) about the state of Bless in the first ( EA - Head Startlaunch day an a half. So yeah, things are a bit .. crazy right now. Which .. I started to pretty enjoy the drama. More publicity for Bless.
    Number 1 Shill ever here ladies and gentlemen.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Sephiroso said:
    IceDark said:
    AnnaTS said:
    AnnaTS said:

Hold on there ..

lol all ya gotta do is type Bless Dupe , and the You Tube video comes right up .. I wont link it here as it would be an ofense .
    Scorchien said:
    Sephiroso said:
    IceDark said:
    AnnaTS said:
    AnnaTS said:

Hold on there ..

lol all ya gotta do is type Bless Dupe , and the You Tube video comes right up .. I wont link it here as it would be an ofense .
    That's what makes his comments so laughable. They acknowledge it themselves, there's videos of it up everywhere....none of it is valid in his eyes. He's blind to it all. Literal head in the sand syndrome
    ScorchienEponyxDamorcheyane

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2018
    I don't pretend to know every dupe in the world but i do pay attention over the years.

This is likely that simple dupe and it would be done via lag or a quick disconnect.

No you do not keep it quiet,you immediately remove the threat exploit from being possible.If an item dupe is being done then you put in a delay check and NOT allow trades/sales to happen instantly.In the meantime you shut down the market place until fixed.

Trying to hide something that can be instantly removed/stopped only serves one purpose,to HIDE your inept team from public knowledge because an inept team means an unsafe environment,perhaps they are just as careless with your personal information as well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Scorchien said:
    Sephiroso said:
    IceDark said:
    AnnaTS said:
    AnnaTS said:

Hold on there ..

Ok thanks!

Seems there is one! Now let's hope they will fix it sooner then later and that the ones who abuse it, will be perma banned !
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.