Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end game simply isn't there, fact or fiction?

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
edited May 2018 in Bless
I did not find this, the honor goes to @simmihi but this is fairly important news to share "if its true."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless/comments/8n535d/this_is_all_the_current_content_missing_in_our/

Reportedly the following content found in the JP version is not in EA yet. Speculation abounds as to when it will be delivered.  

Also notable, Steam giving refunds to people with up to 30+ hours played, even on the more expensive packs.

- No Arenas or battlegrounds.

-No PVP Ranking system or ranking rewards.

-Honor point acquisition is broken.

-Basel canyon (main pvp map) is empty, no mobs.

-SLEVELS (for unlocking last 2 stances and trait points) are not implemented, can't progress past 45.

-Skill Gem acquisition is broken

-No migra turris hard mode (or whatever name they gave it in our version)

-Two ''end game'' dungeons with exactly same gear score drops

-No royal quest

-No honor quest

-No daily dungeon

Hoping some of our resident "rushers" such as @DMKano can confirm the "truth."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

If the reported end game content is missing, what will you do?
  1. Will you ask for a refund right now?24 votes
    1. Maybe (this first option frequently is broken in polls)
        0.00%
    2. Yes, right now
        4.17%
    3. No, I'll wait until its released
        4.17%
    4. Need more info before deciding
        8.33%
    5. Not playing, just want to see the results
      83.33%
Scot

Comments

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Wouldn't be hard to believe its true... remember with the announcement of the founder packs, the small print at the bottom said they would (or you can look at it as "wouldn't") reveal what content is available until the 28th 10am when the server open.

Did they actually ever do that and tell what is available?
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    It's Early Access which in 95% of the cases means Alpha.
    I don't buy EA any more because of that.
    Playing an Alpha game doesn't excite me, so I wait until it is released.
    But I don't blame players who want to support the game buying EA, as long they don't complain that the game is buggy or unfinished.

Having said that it's good to know the state of an EA game so at least people are informed before parting with their money.
    Spacegerbil[Deleted User]ShaighOctagon7711Iselin
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited May 2018
    Arenas and battlegrounds are definitely not there. Tried to do some last night upon reaching Lv 30+ and couldn't find them anywhere. Though, perhaps they will enable them today with "official launch" (or whatever you want to call it).

EDIT: They seem to have updated the steam page with the end game dungeons, PvP arenas, battlegrounds, etc., so perhaps they did add them with "official launch". Working all day, but will keep an eye out once I get back home tonight/tomorrow morning.
    Kyleranjimmywolf
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    The game is a cashgrab , stay away ...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Arenas and battlegrounds are definitely not there. Tried to do some last night upon reaching Lv 30+ and couldn't find them anywhere. Though, perhaps they will enable them today with "official launch" (or whatever you want to call it).

EDIT: They seem to have updated the steam page with the end game dungeons, PvP arenas, battlegrounds, etc., so perhaps they did add them with "official launch". Working all day, but will keep an eye out once I get back home tonight/tomorrow morning.
    Yes, some are saying the rest of the content will be turned on today so hopefully there will be some confirmation shortly.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    If the end game stuff (especially pvp stuff) is confirmed to be there today I will prob give the game a whirl. The only thing I have seen off putting besides this is the performance issues people are reporting but I think that is something I will have to feel myself to see if it is an issue for me.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Apparently this was (or should have been) known.  https://blessonline.net/patchnotes_read/88

I didn't buy a pack just sharing what I found.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    Its your money guys, so do what you want. Its not like people weren't exactly warned about main of the problems going on anyway since they were known about for years (I did love Neowiz's explanation about the poor optimization being attributed to the interface and almost believed it until they didn't really change anything about the interface when going 'live'...).

That said, I think people like Kano look at a bigger picture in this instead of just Neowiz, which is a gate for this kind of behavior. Its no secret that the Asian market is notorious for 'content' theft/flipping, mainly because the area doesn't have the same laws and such (or least has more work-arounds). Even if Neowiz wasn't intentionally trying to take advantage of a thirsty western market, there are those that can and will (I mean weren't the rumors for BDO that they were just bringing the game west-ward so they could fund a hair salon chain or something?).

Point is, yes its your (generalizing) money but dont be surprised if devs/publishers try to churn out more bad than good just to take advantage because of your desperation.

Also the "its early access" excuse is getting tired. I mean people have access information yet can't be bothered to do a simple google search to see that this game has actually released in other regions, yet they are smart enough to take advantage of a system in the western market to take money with little to no blow back if things get altered over a period of time simply because "its underdevelopment." It might be wise for everyone using that excuse to ask themselves what exactly constitutes as a "completed" mmorpg if the completion of a mmorpg really means it ends the game....
    I saw a video of a 29 yr old military vet crying because of a lack of content. This was also pretty alarming, though for different reasons.
    SovrathKyleran
    Apparently this was (or should have been) known.  https://blessonline.net/patchnotes_read/88

I didn't buy a pack just sharing what I found.
    Great find, doing a quick search through the release notes here’s what’s in vs out .

Seems players may have made an erroneous assumption the US would be receiving the full JP release, which doesn’t appear to be the case nor any great deception, at least from these notes.

- No Arenas or battlegrounds. | Not included in release

-No PVP Ranking system or ranking rewards. | There should be a ranking system, no rewards outside of PVP points and medals at top 3 tiers

-Honor point acquisition is broken. | Defect

-Basel canyon (main pvp map) is empty, no mobs. | Not mentioned in Notes, perhaps 46+ content?

-SLEVELS (for unlocking last 2 stances and trait points) are not implemented, can't progress past 45. | Release notes don’t support progression past lvl 45

-Skill Gem acquisition is broken | Defect

-No migra turris hard mode (or whatever name they gave it in our version) | Not included in release

-Two ''end game'' dungeons with exactly same gear score drops | Level 45 normal and epic, (don’t appear to be same) as per the release notes.

-No royal quest | Not included in this release

-No honor quest | Not included in release notes

-No daily dungeon | All dungeons appear to be accessible either once per day, or unlimited in the lower ones.

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/473947/the-end-game-simply-isnt-there-fact-or-fiction#h0W7hXu5WvBgqcW7.99

edited May 2018
    Pretty sure i read there is a pvp ranking system? nvm.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I can't confirm much of that. Post level 30 there aren't a lot of people so it would be hard to confirm a lot of it, but Skill Gems do drop and work just fine for me.

• shassellshassell Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Wife likes it. That's all that matters. She can log on easily enough and got the name she wanted. My quality of life has improved. The endless bleating has ceased. She played BDO after Zenimax butchered ESO and turned it into a console kiddie borefest where the online world just became PC wallpaper. Me, I shall wait for Pantheon.
    simmihiKyleranOctagon7711Albatroes[Deleted User]JamesGoblinWaan
    shassell said:
    Wife likes it. That's all that matters. She can log on easily enough and got the name she wanted. My quality of life has improved. The endless bleating has ceased. She played BDO after Zenimax butchered ESO and turned it into a console kiddie borefest where the online world just became PC wallpaper. Me, I shall wait for Pantheon.
    Happy wife, happy life.

;)
    Octagon7711DakeruAlbatroesJamesGoblin

• MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Considering how horribly this game did in its 3 or 4 previous lives, is anybody shocked by this?  I mean I thought it looked neat a couple of years ago when the videos were mostly CG (lol) but I would offer that the past several months have shown more cracks than armor.  Not to sound too doom-and-gloom, but this is becoming frighteningly common: the massive hype for a game nobody has played, and/or release of a "localized" version that is horrible, and/or way too many folks ponying up cash for what amounts to a wish or an ideal. 

Oh, well.  I didn't buy it and wouldn't, and even though it sounds like this might be F2P within 30 days I do believe I will skip it altogether.  But gosh it looked cool when I first saw it around 2016-ish.  It's too bad, really.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Nyctelios said:
    TEKK3N said:

Alpha? A version that is a rework of 3 already launched titles and that is currently running in japan? Alpha? 

Come one, dude. You can't be serious.
    Dude, with all due respect, can't you read the OP?
    The game might have released in a million other nations, but our version is an Alpha version (If the OP post is correct).
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    TEKK3N said:
    Nyctelios said:
    TEKK3N said:

Alpha? A version that is a rework of 3 already launched titles and that is currently running in japan? Alpha? 

Come one, dude. You can't be serious.
    Dude, with all due respect, can't you read the OP?
    The game might have released in a million other nations, but our version is an Alpha version (If the OP post is correct).
    There weren't enough changes to even make that remotely true from our version and others.
    [Deleted User]

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Well even all that missing content could be made up with other gameplay, the problem is that as far as we know there is no other gameplay.
    Scot said:
    Well even all that missing content could be made up with other gameplay, the problem is that as far as we know there is no other gameplay.
    I think it's a strange notion that people are looking for other gameplay when the game is 3 days out?  End game content is a problem already? most people aren't even mid 20s yet.  I'm in my early 30s, and I've run back and forth completing content, so most of the areas I'm running around in are low to mid 20s for hunting quests, there's a lot less there than when I was in other areas.  In the 30+ area, there were hardly any people last night. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Scot said:
    I think it's a strange notion that people are looking for other gameplay when the game is 3 days out?  End game content is a problem already? most people aren't even mid 20s yet.  I'm in my early 30s, and I've run back and forth completing content, so most of the areas I'm running around in are low to mid 20s for hunting quests, there's a lot less there than when I was in other areas.  In the 30+ area, there were hardly any people last night. 
    The vocal minority no-lifers.
    maskedweasel
    edited May 2018
    Scot said:
    Well the rushers apparently got to the end by forgoing sleep and peeing in cans, but you will likely find yourself in similar shoes very soon unless you divert to tame the 600 animals or something.

;)
    maskedweaselScotd_20

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    So has steam blocked them from listing the base game on the store page? Sign on how many refunds are actually being sent through?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It actually kind of makes sense that they would have some content disabled until after the pre release. I still want the game, even with all this rampant negativity. I feel like this is one of those snowballs that happen in gaming occasionally where everything gets blown the hell out of proportion because of how many people are freaking out at one time.
    Octagon7711
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    edited May 2018
    DXSins said:
    So has steam blocked them from listing the base game on the store page? Sign on how many refunds are actually being sent through?

You see your servers getting full during head start, the big swarm of people ready to devour your content. Then, suddenly, you get an idea. Soon after that, something magical happens: the cheaper base game "does not show up properly" but the more expensive founder packs can be purchased just fine.... because what's 10 bucks more, for those who planned their time in order to play on the 30th? Right?
    [Deleted User]
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Well the rushers apparently got to the end by forgoing sleep and peeing in cans, but you will likely find yourself in similar shoes very soon unless you divert to tame the 600 animals or something.

;)
    Haha  Well I just rolled other characters.  I wish I could tame to my hearts content but taming scrolls are a pain to craft.