Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yes, It's True - Fornite's First Vehicle is a Shopping Cart! - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageYes, It's True - Fornite's First Vehicle is a Shopping Cart! - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - When Fortnite is updated to v4.3, players will be able to roll into battle in a shopping cart, something that is sure to strike fear into the hearts of enemies. So load up a friend and head out to destroy your enemies with the awe-inspiring power of THE CART!

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Honestly, this type of fun, crazy stuff is why Fortnite is what it is and PUBG is in decline. :) Keep it up, Epic!
    ScellowAeanderbobbymcswanson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Until CoD Blackops 4 comes out with their Battle Royale this october SBFord! Like really have you seen that shit? <3
    Vexiusx said:
    Until CoD Blackops 4 comes out with their Battle Royale this october SBFord! Like really have you seen that shit? <3
    No shopping carts, no good. :D
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215

SBFord said:

Vexiusx said:

No shopping carts, no good. :D

I agree !
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    It fits the philosophy of the game. Well done.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Considering they are raking in $126 million just in February through the cash shop, you have to admit they have a sense of humour. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

SBFord said:

Honestly, this type of fun, crazy stuff is why Fortnite is what it is and PUBG is in decline. :) Keep it up, Epic!

I thought PUBG is in decline because it's even worse than Fortnite - or maybe less catered for 12-15yo teenagers.

Thank you for your time!

edited May 2018
    3dom said:
    SBFord said:
    I thought PUBG is in decline because it's even worse than Fortnite - or maybe less catered for 12-15yo teenagers.
    You have some data that suggests Fortnite is "catered to 12-15 year olds"? As someone well outside that demographic who plays, I'd say you're off.

According to Statistica, the biggest % of players is in the 18-24 bracket (63%) followed by 25-34 (22.5%) and 25-54 at about 15% total.

Come again? ;)
    bobbymcswanson[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2018
    SBFord said:
    3dom said:
    SBFord said:
    You have some data that suggests Fortnite is "catered to 12-15 year olds"? As someone well outside that demographic who plays, I'd say you're off.

According to Statistica, the biggest % of players is in the 18-24 bracket (63%) followed by 25-34 (22.5%) and 25-54 at about 15% total.

Come again? ;)
    You have just reaffirmed my conviction that it is all nonsense what people say about 18-24 year olds being dumber these days. ;)

Trying to put this in some sort of context, there does seem to be a huge shift in what younger players now play. Is it just that they are more likely to go with gaming "fashions" than we once were and/or simply that it is a lot easy to try a game in a F2P world than it once was? There does seem to be so much emphasis on "fun" now as well.

For me gaming was/is primarily about competition and community, the fun came from that, it was not something we looked for outside of games designed to be amusing. But Fortnite is competitive in its own way, apart from some design flaws (looking at you bunny hopping) and has a community though I have no idea how good that is. So in some ways no different, in others a different world.
  • HoldslowhopeHoldslowhope Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Kid stuff for a kid game.... boring. Next!
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    SBFord said:
    3dom said:
    SBFord said:

Come again? ;)
    So nobody under 18 is playing? 

Not that i agree with the game being catered towards kids but that data you listed comes out as 100.5% of the player base just in those 3 age groups. (Also wow you pay $49 a month for statistics like that... i'll take you at your word because im sure not.)

Plus the 18-24 bracket will always be the highest because everyone knows you put your age down as 18 when your under 18... we all did it lol.
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Vexiusx said:

Until CoD Blackops 4 comes out with their Battle Royale this october SBFord! Like really have you seen that shit? <3</div>

If it don't ha e building it won't have a chance
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Kid stuff for a kid game.... boring. Next!

Yeah! Enough of these kids games with in depth building strategy and shooting of players in the face....I wanna pretend to be a wizard for hours while I ride around on my pink dragon mount....now that's adult stuff.....
    SBFordScot