Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mike Zadorojny Announces Slight Delay in Living World Season 4, Episode 3 - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.co

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageMike Zadorojny Announces Slight Delay in Living World Season 4, Episode 3 - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - The Guild Wars 2 forum has been updated with a brief note from Mike Zadorojny to announce that Living World Season 4, Episode 3 will be released "a little outside our normal release cadence". The team is implementing "some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode" and to ensure hitting "quality standards more consistently".

Read the full story here

Comments

• cierrabluecierrablue Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited May 2018
    I hope Z can pull this off. MO really brought some life back into this game.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Mike Zadorojny? Who's dat? What happened to MO?
    He's the game director. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I don't know why they even bother announcing these slight delays. Their delayed releases are still within or near the 3-4 month estimate they gave at the start of season 3. 

They're doing fine. Their pace is great. Just tell us when it's coming as its release timeframe is nailed down instead of announcing a delay from some arbitrary date that was never publicly announced. It'll look better from a PR perspective.
    ThupliViterzgirEvilGeek
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Free, quality content, delayed? That's fine by me. Look forward to it, not that there's not enough content already...I always worry that these new zones introduced with each new episode will kill the old ones, as yet I have never been on an empty map anywhere in the game. I love it, so much PvE content to hop around (where's mah bunny!), and with rewards I want (all my characters will have a full set of ascended trinkets each!). Take your sweet time..

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    SBFord said:
    Mike Zadorojny? Who's dat? What happened to MO?
    He's the game director. 
    To further elaborate, he's the game director who was in charge of Path of Fire and Season 4, with Mike O'Brien passing the baton to him during/after production of Season 3. In other words, he's been doing a great job so far.
    SBFord
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Aeander said:

I don't know why they even bother announcing these slight delays. Their delayed releases are still within or near the 3-4 month estimate they gave at the start of season 3. 

They're doing fine. Their pace is great. Just tell us when it's coming as its release timeframe is nailed down instead of announcing a delay from some arbitrary date that was never publicly announced. It'll look better from a PR perspective.

Perhaps their angle is thinking they can include the ..."hitting quality standards" PR speech.
    Of course this would lead back to WHY make this announcement at all,this would be an EXPECTED given to expect quality would it not?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Hurry up and save me from BLESS T_T
  • NathanPenetrationNathanPenetration Member UncommonPosts: 26
    If it's as high of quality as episode 2 was, than I don't mind the delay at all. I have ESO Summerset to keep me preoccupied in the meantime.