Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Tips for New Players - MMORPG.com

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    DMKano said:
    Ouch - 38% on Steam - mostly negative.

NeoWiz might be out of options for Bless now - this is litterally the worst case scenario after failed launches, they couldn't afford another one

It definitely doesn't reflect well on Neowiz right now. As open as they have been about problems with the game during launch, they really butchered it more than was necessary. Failure to disclose lack of action combat for 4/5 classes (after advertising it?) , character-bound founder's items, and only starting with 1 server per region (LOL) were really poor choices.

Currently, all of the emissaries who posted reviews to YouTube/Twitch have warned people from purchasing the game, as well -- Mostly due to performance issues and lack of action combat.

I'm rooting for Neowiz, because I think Bless could be a really great game, but they have a LOT to fix very quickly in order to gain footing.
    Rnjypsy
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

NeoWiz might be out of options for Bless now - this is litterally the worst case scenario after failed launches, they couldn't afford another one

It definitely doesn't reflect well on Neowiz right now. As open as they have been about problems with the game during launch, they really butchered it more than was necessary. Failure to disclose lack of action combat for 4/5 classes (after advertising it?) , character-bound founder's items, and only starting with 1 server per region (LOL) were really poor choices.

Currently, all of the emissaries who posted reviews to YouTube/Twitch have warned people from purchasing the game, as well -- Mostly due to performance issues and lack of action combat.

I'm rooting for Neowiz, because I think Bless could be a really great game, but they have a LOT to fix very quickly in order to gain footing.

Man - can you imagine Bless at it's full potential - redone in UE4, DX11, with proper action combat, properly localized - the game would be 1000x better than this shell of a game NeoWiz tried to throw at western players.

I said it months ago - western playerbase has zero tolerance for BS and will rip any early access games to shreds if there are issues - guess what - exactly what happened.
    Couldn't agree more, bless in UE4 even if tab target but a better system and better translations, could be a leader in the MMO genre. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Peon did bring up some interesting points about A:IR since that's supposedly on UE3 as well, so we've been warned I guess even though Bluehole is a bit more noteworthy but still, that trailer was like watching someone flip a Polaroid book.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    DMKano said:

Not quite all, Pohx is still defending the game for instance.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Albatroes said:
    Peon did bring up some interesting points about A:IR since that's supposedly on UE3 as well, so we've been warned I guess even though Bluehole is a bit more noteworthy but still, that trailer was like watching someone flip a Polaroid book.
    As long as western gamers keep supporting eastern sweatshop games(JP not included) they will continue to encroach on the west and eventually one way or another convert all western games to be mirrors of their crap. Look at the microtransaction hell in western games that already exists because of eastern influence. All the nonsense started in the east so if you like games not being p2w or garbage quality don't give a single red cent to any eastern company minus JP.
    MrMelGibson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    xNIAx1 said:
    Tips for new players, don't play b2p games with cash shop . 
    I don't know how they was released in Asia but steam bless is B2P with cash shop lol .

So let fix your comment
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    The mage combat rework is awful - whoever said that it's good, must have not played the mage in JP/Korean version.

Seriously, zerk is the only class that has any kind of a flow with the new combo system - the mage is much worse in Steam version. The combo layout makes no sense at all for mage.

It's crazy how some party buffs are buried behind combos too. You miss the 1st or 2nd attack no soup for you. You have to restart the tree.

I also don't like that you can't customize what key your combo starters are. It's hard locked in as far as I know.

Also why does it seem like only Zerkers have free aiming mode? Is there a setting I missed?

Because they disabled action combat for other classes, which is a major fail.

I mean they promised and sold action combat only to disable it for most classes... /facepalm

Official response on disabling action combat

Wow, this is pretty foul. So they touted the free aiming from the beginning, bait and switched and expect folks to wait until they do fix it and rewrite all that PVP muscle memory when they do.

Sorry for the inconvenience indeed.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

I said it months ago - western playerbase has zero tolerance for BS and will rip any early access games to shreds if there are issues - guess what - exactly what happened.
    And what they showed on their trailers was pure garbage, I am surprised you even tried this game, I just think it was so obviously going to be a shit show. I give you no points for any predictions you made, because you didn't need to try the game to know it was gonna be bullshit. Just look at the trailers and their history. It was like treating stage 4 cancer with Vitamin D supplementation. You don't need a test run to know it is going to fail. 

Can someone give me a few reasons why they thought it was going to be decent or were you just desparate?

Cryomatrix 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Really isn't that bad. All you ever read are the people who spend what they can't afford and then are upset they didn't like the game.

Launch was not perfect... But certainly not the worst we have seen.

Who buys a PVP game, gets mad at the pve and quits before the PVP anyway? Definitely not someone I'd take advice from.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Really isn't that bad. All you ever read are the people who spend what they can't afford and then are upset they didn't like the game.

Launch was not perfect... But certainly not the worst we have seen.

Who buys a PVP game, gets mad at the pve and quits before the PVP anyway? Definitely not someone I'd take advice from.
    To be fair, there isn't really even PvP in the game right now. At least, there's no reason to PvP. Arenas, battlegrounds, ranking, and honor are not currently active in the game, but I'm hoping with today's "official launch" they will enable it.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Sovrath said:

Best tip: Watch this before trying the game

yeah but I'm watching other videos that don't have his issues. Clearly he's having them and clearly this is a problem for him. But other people don't seem to be having this problem.

Some of his other issues are certainly non-issues for me such as "animation lock".

Steam offers a refund. If one wants to try the game and see for themselves they can also get a refund. This is not hard and certainly doesn't deserve crying from some people.

One wants to try it? Go ahead! You have issues and don't want to deal with them? Refund! Problem solved, go grocery shopping.

Life doesn't have to be hard.

Apparently they didn't do much on improving the performance side if it stutter on 1080 ti that says something if the games failed before and also what the dev has been doing for the past 2 years?
  • kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    edited May 2018
    Did buy the game yesterday did play it for like 3 hours already asked for a refund , core gameplay is realy sluggish didnt like the combat system and performance is awfull to .

Not able to have 144hz and its fps is capped at 62 it also goes up and down for no reason seems engine related , normaly i dont even refund games and i buy like 2/3 each month for pc or console but realy didnt like the game and i think its gonna fail fast .
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    DMKano said:

Why release the game if this is the state it is in ?
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    DMKano said:

Pretty sure it's listed right at the bottom of the screenshot.  EARLY ACCESS GAME.

Pretty sure the question should be, why buy something that isn't finished if you're expecting a finished product?
    Mikeha[Deleted User]LeiloniMrMelGibson

• rangharranghar Member UncommonPosts: 145
    The best tip they could give is how to refund the game through steam.

Ranghar LoD
    Lords of Death

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Game is really fun for me. I have played a little over four hours and am having a great time. I have a lot of experience with the game in other regions and also I am not having the issues many are having. I feel bad for those that can't even play the game at all. Or are having hardcore performance issues. Hopefully the majority of issues can be ironed out in a short period of time. 
    Bless is a game I loved as soon as I played it years ago. It still has that feeling for me. Regardless of it's issues I am rooting for them to pull it out.  

And this is my point. Not everyone is going to have these issues. It's a shame that people DO have these issues and for those who can stick around I hope they get resolved.

MrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Tip:
    1. If you have it, refund it. Wait until they fix it!
    2. If you don't have it, don't buy it. Wait until they fix it!

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

cheyane said:
    DMKano said:

Pretty sure it's listed right at the bottom of the screenshot.  EARLY ACCESS GAME.

Pretty sure the question should be, why buy something that isn't finished if you're expecting a finished product?
    I hope you're not seriously thinking massive changes and fixes are actually going to happen to this mess of a game do you? Early Access is only used as an excuse for a terrible game when it's actually in its first round of development > release. Not its 3rd.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Another game that looked promising down the tubes...This is why many of us don't get excited over the next great MMO....
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Yesterday I watched a negative review on YT given by one of their emissaries.  He said he had to give an honest review even if it meant not being an emissary any more.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Another game that looked promising down the tubes...This is why many of us don't get excited over the next great MMO....
    Looked promising? Really?

• Life2vLife2v Member UncommonPosts: 12
    It must be one tip - dont buy it !
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sephiroso said:
    Looked promising? Really?
    Looked promising for thirsty people who did little to no research on the game. You tell them the game failed multiple times in the east and they say "so much has changed, Neowiz said they are changing things."
    simmihi
    Sephiroso said: 
    cheyane said:
    DMKano said:

I hope you're not seriously thinking massive changes and fixes are actually going to happen to this mess of a game do you? Early Access is only used as an excuse for a terrible game when it's actually in its first round of development > release. Not its 3rd.
    Comes with the model of games people want.  Which is basically free but some settle for b2p.  I prefer b2p with subscription just no cash shop but that's a thing of the past.

Devs can make most of their cash off initial sales.  Why pay testers when they are willing to pay you.

Moral of the story... Most of you have no or low morals.  Don't spend money until you know what you're buying... Or do but don't cry about it.. especially hours later if/when your expectations were not met.