Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Tips for New Players - MMORPG.com

Comments

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:

Best tip: Watch this before trying the game
    yeah but I'm watching other videos that don't have his issues. Clearly he's having them and clearly this is a problem for him. But other people don't seem to be having this problem.

Some of his other issues are certainly non-issues for me such as "animation lock".

Steam offers a refund. If one wants to try the game and see for themselves they can also get a refund. This is not hard and certainly doesn't deserve crying from some people.

One wants to try it? Go ahead! You have issues and don't want to deal with them? Refund! Problem solved, go grocery shopping.

Life doesn't have to be hard.
    Just because a video creator doesn't mention a problem doesn't mean they didn't experience it. Unless they outright said "i didn't get stuck on Bless splash screen" or something.
    True but if you look at the above video he's clearly having huge game issues. Yet I've watched other "impressions" videos where they aren't having those problems.

If every video that I looked at had that same stuttering/locking issue then I wouldn't touch the game. Of course I wouldn't run to the forums and nail my 95 theses to the doors.

I can't go on what people "don't say". I can only go on what they do say and show. Some have issues some don't. Some of the issues are horrible some, for me are non-issues or very dealable.

I think I'll just make up my own mind once the game is downloaded. If it sucks I'll take it off the hard drive.

That one, who "reviewed" Bless , is ...Wow! The biggest frustrated guy i've ever saw reviewing a game. Is not worth it to even debate with others about his "review".
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
    itchmon said:
    I think I'll be good with what I'm currently playing until July when I can play CU beta. Looks like a hot mess.
    Talk to you in July , first day of CU beta, OK? It will not be a hot mess. Nope . Will run flawless on the very first day and you'll be able to login to the game servers even before the login server is open!
    MrMelGibson
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    IceDark said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:

yeah but I'm watching other videos that don't have his issues. Clearly he's having them and clearly this is a problem for him. But other people don't seem to be having this problem.

Some of his other issues are certainly non-issues for me such as "animation lock".

Steam offers a refund. If one wants to try the game and see for themselves they can also get a refund. This is not hard and certainly doesn't deserve crying from some people.

One wants to try it? Go ahead! You have issues and don't want to deal with them? Refund! Problem solved, go grocery shopping.

Just because a video creator doesn't mention a problem doesn't mean they didn't experience it. Unless they outright said "i didn't get stuck on Bless splash screen" or something.
    True but if you look at the above video he's clearly having huge game issues. Yet I've watched other "impressions" videos where they aren't having those problems.

If every video that I looked at had that same stuttering/locking issue then I wouldn't touch the game. Of course I wouldn't run to the forums and nail my 95 theses to the doors.

I can't go on what people "don't say". I can only go on what they do say and show. Some have issues some don't. Some of the issues are horrible some, for me are non-issues or very dealable.

I think I'll just make up my own mind once the game is downloaded. If it sucks I'll take it off the hard drive.

That one, who "reviewed" Bless , is ...Wow! The biggest frustrated guy i've ever saw reviewing a game. Is not worth it to even debate with others about his "review".
    I've actually seen his videos before. His earlier videos are sort of awful as he comes across as a petulant child. As he continued he sort of "manned up" and he actually has a pleasant enough presentation and his work got better.

But even though he is clearly having issues, that's the worst I've seen from many videos. I'm not sure why this is, this is the first time I've seen anything that bad. I don't doubt he is having issues.

I don't doubt that he dislikes things such as the animation lock. He is a big World of Warcraft player so "yeah" world of warcraft is very well made. Doesn't have animation lock, very smooth, etc.

I still don't really see the issue with the combat so I'll have to make up my own mind as I feel like it's a bit of emperor's new clothes "omg! combat sucks! look at it LOOK AT IT!!!!!"

Doesn't look that bad. We all saw Hive Leader's videos and he seemed to have a decent time and didn't have these stuttering issues. So maybe it's because the servers are being slammed.

I mean, I did have huge issues with Elder Scrolls Online when their game first came out and things would just lock up. It still turned out to be a reasonably fun game.

So yeah, in the end, Ima gonaa see for myself.
    EponyxDamorMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    IceDark said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:

I've actually seen his videos before. His earlier videos are sort of awful as he comes across as a petulant child. As he continued he sort of "manned up" and he actually has a pleasant enough presentation and his work got better.

But even though he is clearly having issues, that's the worst I've seen from many videos. I'm not sure why this is, this is the first time I've seen anything that bad. I don't doubt he is having issues.

I don't doubt that he dislikes things such as the animation lock. He is a big World of Warcraft player so "yeah" world of warcraft is very well made. Doesn't have animation lock, very smooth, etc.

I still don't really see the issue with the combat so I'll have to make up my own mind as I feel like it's a bit of emperor's new clothes "omg! combat sucks! look at it LOOK AT IT!!!!!"

Doesn't look that bad. We all saw Hive Leader's videos and he seemed to have a decent time and didn't have these stuttering issues. So maybe it's because the servers are being slammed.

I mean, I did have huge issues with Elder Scrolls Online when their game first came out and things would just lock up. It still turned out to be a reasonably fun game.

So yeah, in the end, Ima gonaa see for myself.
    Let me tell you something, that the new combat is AWESOME! I am playing a Guardian and I am loving it. Is fast , smooth , nice skills.

I've also made a mage and I am telling you that is the most awesome mage i've ever player in any game. The first skill chain at least, the combos, oh man! Awesome!

You will love it!
    SovrathMrMelGibson
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Tip for new players: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!
    Tokken
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Sovrath said:
    IceDark said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:

his is the first time I've seen anything that bad. I don't doubt he is having issues.

WoW does have some animation lock, it just isn't very much. Just to name the 2 i know on Outlaw Rogue spec, Killing Spree and Death from Above.
    Sovrath

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

mussolini said:
    Tip for new players: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!
    Ok Mussolini! After all, your consolidation of power by advocating classless nationalism along with a heavy hand by military police to create a one party dictatorship was a fan favorite during WWII.
    EponyxDamorMrMelGibson

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    The biggest flop of the decade. BIG RIGS finally has some competition.
    goobsnews

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Radoo said:

Incoming article on mmorpg.com titled "All Bless early access packs refunded"

After that 'Bless pulled from Steam'
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    My only tip is -get a refund

goobsnews
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• neosparkkneosparkk Member UncommonPosts: 59
    #1 new tip for players: Refund this dumpster fire ASAP lmfao. What a stupid shill article and website.
    goobsnews
  • DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170

Peon has some connection issues or something because I don't have any of those problems..
    Mikeha
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:

Yeah, you're absolutely right. This game runs like a dream, the thousands of people getting refunds and posting about it on YouTube are just insane mongoloid Grand Cyclops KKK members and Trump supporters who are out to hurt your feelings.

OR

The game is actually shit, has tons of issues, is a dumpster fire after it's third launch (lol) with crappy optimization, dumb bottleneck quests, and isn't a "WoW Killer".

I'm gonna go with the second option.
    BruceYee
    edited May 2018
    goobsnews said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:

Yeah, you're absolutely right. This game runs like a dream, the thousands of people getting refunds and posting about it on YouTube are just insane mongoloid Grand Cyclops KKK members and Trump supporters who are out to hurt your feelings.

OR

The game is actually shit, has tons of issues, is a dumpster fire after it's third launch (lol) with crappy optimization, dumb bottleneck quests, and isn't a "WoW Killer".

I'm gonna go with the second option.
    First of all I never said the game runs like a dream. So you can knock that crap off.

Secondly, I completely acknowledged that Peon was having issues and even noted that it was bad. So bad that if "I" had those same issues I'd uninstall. However, as I've already noted, I've watched many videos where people "aren't" having those issues. So I can wet my pants because someone showed a video where someone was having issues or I could do some thinking and come to the conclusion that if some people are having certain issues and some people aren't then it's fair to assume that there is more going on there.

The game is what it is. Anyone going into it with any dreams that it's an X killer or the savior of Y or that it's the next best thing since sliced bread is either naive or deluding themselves. Which wouldn't surprise me.

If people can log in and have some fun for a few months which is my initial guess as to how much entertainment the game can offer with current content "if they don't have these issues" then it might be worth a try.

Or, I can let others run around in circles and wring their hands and gnash their teeth and let them think for me. I'm pretty sure I can and have made my own decisions with these games.

I'm going to guess that some of these issues stem from servers being slammed. Because Lineage 2 had horrid issues at launch but eventually it was worth many years of entertainment. Elder Scrolls Online had issues at launch, worse issues than I'm seeing here and it's still worth playing. edit: and I'm going to add for your benefit that "no" I'm not saying that Bless is in the same league as either of those games.

But go ahead, use catchy buzzwords like dumpster fire or WoW killer and "runs like a dream" when nothing I said intimated anything like that.
    EponyxDamorMikehaIceDarkMrMelGibson

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The disconnects, queues, and such and such are to be expected (not accepted).

The performance, loot tables and quests containing missing classes, the exploits that made it in from the other versions, and other issues are not.

Pom pom, kick your leg up, and go team go all you want. The things wrong with Bless are not urban legend.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The performance, loot tables and quests containing missing classes, the exploits that made it in from the other versions, and other issues are not.

Pom pom, kick your leg up, and go team go all you want. The things wrong with Bless are not urban legend.

Do you play the game? No ?

Because whatever you said there, was happening for 4 or 5 hours today, which has been fixed by now! So yeah , I love people talking without knowing. 

The only REAL issue with Bless now, is the FPS drops in some zones, especially in the capital cities. That is, that's the real issue and not whatever happened in the first launch day.

EponyxDamor
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    IceDark said:

Because whatever you said there, was happening for 4 or 5 hours today, which has been fixed by now! So yeah , I love people talking without knowing. 

The only REAL issue with Bless now, is the FPS drops in some zones, especially in the capital cities. That is, that's the real issue and not whatever happened in the first launch day.

So far, the only thing that has been fixed is the open world bottlenecking of quests (diary quest). Founder's items being character bound has been "remedied" by requiring you to open a support ticket, but they should have been more open about the fact that the founder's items were character bound.

I'm still sticking with the game and giving Neowiz a chance to fix things, because they have been fairly proactive and have open communication so far. However, saying that "all of the issues have been fixed" is just hilariously wrong.
    IceDark said:

I'm playing/not-playing right now. That's how I'm procuring my information. "I love people talking without knowing."

I've been screen shotting and adding what I'm seeing in-game from the minute it went live. I've been providing folks links to .ini tweaks and attempting to help them with other issues or gotchas they might encounter

What have you been doing besides running behind sniffing every persons behind who is playing the game and growling at their experiences? If everything is great go be great.

The exploit carry over = FACT
    Loot tables containing items from classes not in the game = FACT
    Quests the involve classes not in the game = FACT
    Performance/Optmization Issues = BIG FACT

Neowiz has repeated the exact things TERA did except built an even bigger mess on top of the tech. I'm sorry that offends you and you take it personal. Maybe a family member or spouse/partner works for Neowiz. It's not an attack on the personally. You can chill.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    DMKano said:
    FYI - Steam is issuing refunds to players that have played more than 2 hours. Players with 7-9 hours played are still getting full refunds because of major technical issues with Bless at this time.

I am still sticking around - but lots of my guildies have bailed already :( - one got a refund after 9 hours of played time no problem.
    This is basically the bucket I am in, as well. Most of the people I was planning to play with have bailed already, unfortunately.

I'm really hoping that, within the next three months, Neowiz is able to pull out some serious "jesus patches" that include some serious fixes. This includes enabling a lot of the "endgame PvP" features that the game includes in other regions.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Best tip? Wait at least three to four months to see if they fix things. Pro tip? Don't bother. There is nothing that this game does that another game doesn't do better. Looking at its current state, I'm betting it ends up like it did the last few times.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    The mage combat rework is awful - whoever said that it's good, must have not played the mage in JP/Korean version.

Seriously, zerk is the only class that has any kind of a flow with the new combo system - the mage is much worse in Steam version. The combo layout makes no sense at all for mage.
    I didn't play the other versions, but I personally found the Mage to be more enjoyable than Paladin (in the steam version). You're right, though, that the combo system made no sense at all on Mage; I tried to figure it out, but none of it had any cohesion. Then again, I didn't find that it made any sense for Paladin, either.
    DMKano said:
    The mage combat rework is awful - whoever said that it's good, must have not played the mage in JP/Korean version.

Seriously, zerk is the only class that has any kind of a flow with the new combo system - the mage is much worse in Steam version. The combo layout makes no sense at all for mage.

It's crazy how some party buffs are buried behind combos too. You miss the 1st or 2nd attack no soup for you. You have to restart the tree.

I also don't like that you can't customize what key your combo starters are. It's hard locked in as far as I know.

Also why does it seem like only Zerkers have free aiming mode? Is there a setting I missed?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    DMKano said:

It's crazy how some party buffs are buried behind combos too. You miss the 1st or 2nd attack no soup for you. You have to restart the tree.

I also don't like that you can't customize what key your combo starters are. It's hard locked in as far as I know.

Also why does it seem like only Zerkers have free aiming mode? Is there a setting I missed?

Zerker is currently the only class that has action combat enabled; the others are "substandard" at the moment and were excluded from the game according to Neowiz.
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Zerker is currently the only class that has action combat enabled; the others are "substandard" at the moment and were excluded from the game according to Neowiz.

Why didn't NeoWiz announce this before they started selling packs - since action combat is a major draw for many people purchasing.

BTW - this right here was the last straw for lots of my guildies who requested refund - they simply said that Bless didn't deliver what they advertised.

Big Kudos to steam for refunding all the cash shop purchases in addition to packs - they are doing refunds right.
    I've noticed that the game has disappeared from any of the "top sellers" or "whats popular" sections of MMO, RPG, and Early Access, where at least two packs had previously been in the top for each one during the day.

I'm guessing a ton of people refunded, but I really can't say I blame them at this point. Even I am getting a bit miffed that pretty much all of the "end game PvP" content is completely missing. Arenas, battlegrounds, honor, and ranking systems are all missing currently.
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    edited May 2018
    I've personally refunded with 8 hours played. edit: 6 hours trying to play, 2 hours played. I love this game on paper, what we got is not what we thought was coming.