Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Tips for New Players - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ReilathReilath Member CommonPosts: 6
    The greatest tip one can get for this game is to not play it! Refund it as quickly as possible! All hopes for this game are lost, it was reworked for so long only to have worse performance than the original version, that's some mad optimization skills.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    I can't even fathom what kind of business would accept money in such conditions. The game not only has issues with the server and whatever hardware they're using, but also in regards to the product itself being unfinished, unpolished and unverified. I am shocked finding that paying money I require workarounds to normally enjoy what I pay for. I am not even enjoying my purchase anymore, nor have any desire to carry on playing.
    Sorry for the rant folks but this can not be allowed.
    Solancer5CARLLeTT
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Chaserz said:

Viper482 said:

I took the plunge....not impressed. It feels like a bad Black Desert/Archeage/FFXIV hybrid. I've never stuck with an MMO that did not grab me from the start. Not much hope for this one...for me at least.

I did the same. But I knew in the first hour it wasn't for me. Thing is, I didn't care for the very popular Black Desert Online either. I've learned my lesson. English based MMOs only for me. I'm grateful for Steam's refund policy.
    I gave it a shot and refunded as well.  While I wasn't dedicated to BDO I at least played it enough to get initial investment's worth of fun out of it, but Bless is, frankly, just a hot mess.  All the performance troubles you could imagine on top of character bound and TEMPORARY skins and items in founder's packs?  Afraid my number one tip for Bless Online players would be to stay very far away from this one.  Nope, nope...and more nope :(
  • maksula234maksula234 Member CommonPosts: 9

Best tip: Watch this before trying the game
    simmihiBruceYeeWraithoneMirandelexile01
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Shit , the mage re-work combat is so fucking awesome !! Also the Guardian is fast and smooth baby!!

Oh! Hey haters!

Unfortunately, can't really play at this time, since they have problems with the servers. You can't take quests , pick up loot, etc.

So here I am. Until they will fix the servers, i'll be watching you!

If any of you have the problem "Stuck at the Title Screen" , I made a fix : https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696048786956140687/

Enjoy! :)
    EponyxDamorMikeha
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    My 2 cents, it seem Bless Online is sounding more of a tweaked game than a re-worked game, I mean they didn't really show much actual game play of all things tweaked. That to say it might just be THAT one thing got some real work while everything else got enough tweaks to make it look like something got done but not really just more of a tweak than a full re-work from the ground up IMO. However, its also possible they want to release it slowly after launch, sort like roll it back to alpha and as the months down they roll it down to actual Beta lol in the form of patches of course.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    how dare you compare ffXIV and this crap? i've saying it many time, go to twitch or anothers streaming platform and stay in front of this thing 20mn, it not only a problem of EA, it's just a bad game, unpolished and just empty.
    as there not any mmo out atm, it's a beautiful commercial move fron neowiz!
    and steam dont give the number of refund vs staying (sick) players
    as said up, wait some time for the f2p version or a 50/70% rebate
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    So much salt.
    EponyxDamorIceDarkRicardo5802Life2vMrMelGibson
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Here's a tip, get a refund.
    simmihi
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Don't hold your breath for them to optimize it further. It's been out in 3 different countries already and we are number 4. They fixed a memory leak related to the UI by redesigning the UI from the ground-up. I would not expect them to improve much more due to the engine and age of the game.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Emissary talk:

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Incoming article on mmorpg.com titled "All Bless early access packs refunded"
    BruceYee
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Radoo said:
    Unfortunately, the higher founder packs can't be refunded so Neowiz still played it smart. Something that was f2p for years in the east (and failing multiple times) got solid money in the western market. Only thing I think of people doing at this point is chargebacks.
    BruceYee
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited May 2018
    Albatroes said:
    Radoo said:
    Unfortunately, the higher founder packs can't be refunded so Neowiz still played it smart. Something that was f2p for years in the east (and failing multiple times) got solid money in the western market. Only thing I think of people doing at this point is chargebacks.
    This is incorrect, despite what the Steam page says. I know of a few friends who received a refund for both the $80 and the $150 pack (even after opening the items in-game, as well). Also, reports have surfaced of several people receiving refunds after 7+ hours of playtime, as well.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    This is shocking ... lmao
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Albatroes said:
    Emissary talk:

Well guess nice try wine and dining the creators Neowiz...

Asking that box price came with a lot more expectations... people would probably have been easier on it if it release as it was intended as a f2p game. You cant just throw a box price on it without doing the work to make it worth the price... steam probably wasn't the best platform to release on with it's refund policy.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    People doing the "oh the haters" talk. I don't know what their motivations are, but they never can provide solid counterpoints. Ever. 

• "Hey this is my rig, this me, it's running fine. These are my frame rates"
    • "The new player experience was flawless. Totally knew what to do when I got there. See? You're just dumb"
    • "Totally never ever once got stuck at splash screen. It's your toaster potato. Buy new internet and comptuer."
    • Finally when they run out of index cards it degardes to. "Well you could just not play"

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but facts are facts. There are several BAD widespread issues. It's real. I just hope folks like this are getting paid or they are total marks. You deserve a little paycheck even if you aren't getting one. What effort.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I am shocked people even got hyped for a game that had crappier optimization, crappier polish, crappier company, crappier animations than the games that are similar to it, like tera , bdo, archeage, and it failed twice in more accepting markets. 

The game is essentially a more shitty Tera, how could you think it would succeed when it failed twice. I don't understand it, there is nothing special about this game.

There are however universally negative issues with the game.

Crap optimization
    Crap polish
    Too many bugs
    Empty
    Unoriginal
    Crap animations

These are universally bad and have nothing to do with the differing tastes of players. The above is why blizzard always wins. Half the battle is solving the above issues.
    BruceYee
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Simply comes down to desperation. It makes people go stupid. Well, more stupid than usual.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited May 2018

yeah but I'm watching other videos that don't have his issues. Clearly he's having them and clearly this is a problem for him. But other people don't seem to be having this problem.

Some of his other issues are certainly non-issues for me such as "animation lock".

Steam offers a refund. If one wants to try the game and see for themselves they can also get a refund. This is not hard and certainly doesn't deserve crying from some people.

One wants to try it? Go ahead! You have issues and don't want to deal with them? Refund! Problem solved, go grocery shopping.

Life doesn't have to be hard.
    EponyxDamorMikehaIceDarkinfomatzMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Sovrath said:

yeah but I'm watching other videos that don't have his issues. Clearly he's having them and clearly this is a problem for him. But other people don't seem to be having this problem.

Some of his other issues are certainly non-issues for me such as "animation lock".

Steam offers a refund. If one wants to try the game and see for themselves they can also get a refund. This is not hard and certainly doesn't deserve crying from some people.

One wants to try it? Go ahead! You have issues and don't want to deal with them? Refund! Problem solved, go grocery shopping.

Just because a video creator doesn't mention a problem doesn't mean they didn't experience it. Unless they outright said "i didn't get stuck on Bless splash screen" or something.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited May 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:

Just because a video creator doesn't mention a problem doesn't mean they didn't experience it. Unless they outright said "i didn't get stuck on Bless splash screen" or something.
    True but if you look at the above video he's clearly having huge game issues. Yet I've watched other "impressions" videos where they aren't having those problems.

If every video that I looked at had that same stuttering/locking issue then I wouldn't touch the game. Of course I wouldn't run to the forums and nail my 95 theses to the doors.

I can't go on what people "don't say". I can only go on what they do say and show. Some have issues some don't. Some of the issues are horrible some, for me are non-issues or very dealable.

I think I'll just make up my own mind once the game is downloaded. If it sucks I'll take it off the hard drive.

EponyxDamorOctagon7711
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    I think I'll be good with what I'm currently playing until July when I can play CU beta. Looks like a hot mess.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    People doing the "oh the haters" talk. I don't know what their motivations are, but they never can provide solid counterpoints. Ever. 

• "Hey this is my rig, this me, it's running fine. These are my frame rates"
    • "The new player experience was flawless. Totally knew what to do when I got there. See? You're just dumb"
    • "Totally never ever once got stuck at splash screen. It's your toaster potato. Buy new internet and comptuer."
    • Finally when they run out of index cards it degardes to. "Well you could just not play"

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but facts are facts. There are several BAD widespread issues. It's real. I just hope folks like this are getting paid or they are total marks. You deserve a little paycheck even if you aren't getting one. What effort.

1) Hey, this is my rig : 6800k - 16 GB Ram Quad Channel DDR4-3k - m2 Hard - Gtx 1060 - Beside the main city , I run it between 40 and 60 FPS, but mostly 50+ ( I capped it to 60 FPS since my monitor can't handle more ) . I just did a video right now , but it seems the overlay fps is not recorded, but if you want, I can upload it.

2) Yeah? It was very simple. The fuck ?

3) I did got stuck A LOT, so .. ? Is fucking first day of head start release. What do you expect? You would say that Blizzard after all the years with WoW, would of release Diablo 3 flawless. Right? Right?? ....

4) ??

Yup! Fact are facts. Bless do have issues , I mean, what game doesn't? At least in the first weeks of release? But what does it even mean ? I find all , and I mean ALL who are crying over : Stuck at Loading Screen , Server Crash , Quests not working, Lag , are ones who are not entitled to even give a review to the game, let alone bashing it over and over and over again for the next weeks because he "played" 10 minutes on the launch day.

Game will do fine, with or without your bashing(s). 
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.