Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe coming back

2»

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Laurelin +1
  • RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    @Lithuanian
    May I add you to my buddy list? I might have some questions about the class traits etc. I think they changed how you can spec your class. At least I don't remember I saw 3 different trees where to spend points when I was playing last time many years ago. So many new features but some things are familiar fortunately :)
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    @Torval etc. On Crick if you need a hand with e.g. First Age stuff send "Gerard" a mail :)

As far as Light goes you need it up to a point. Once you have enough Light for an area you can consider other stuff. Some non-Light items have very good stats. When it comes to armour however - which provides Physical Mitigation of course - the best gear comes with Light. So you get it whether you want it or not. So whilst its not - pretty sure its not - needed in N. Nirkwood you will end up with Light.

How linear is stuff? Some levels have a lot of content - level 100 for example got a 95-100 quest pack followed by 2 at 100 and then a 100-105. Lots of options.

Other levels - not so much. There is enough though to miss out just about any area including Moria or Mordor as far as leveling goes - as long as you have other areas to compensate (gear is another matter). (OK you could grind the same skirmish over and over but that is not what I am talking about.) 

Quick shout out for Crick's Discord account: https://discord.gg/vwtzm8
    [Deleted User]
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2018
    Got my baby elf out of the starting area and was about to start crafting and bam! Downtime coming. Talk about bad timing ggrrrr :) How often downtimes?
    Not a bad timing, you can say you were there at the very first.
    See, that's a new thing, downtimes were fairly hectic, usually on Wednesdays, but sometimes missed a week, sometimes there were two, sometimes on a random day... (not counting the maintenance downtimes at content updates, of course)

They've announced last week, that from now on the weekly downtime will be always on Tuesday, always at the same time (7am EST). Today was the first of those - and you were caught by it :wink:

edit: starter character, on Laurelin, and into crafting... if you don't mind the shorter surroundings compared to an up high elf, you could check the crafter's square in Michel Delving, the Shire.
    I don't know if it's still ongoing or not (I wasn't on Laurelin since months), but for many years there was a recurring weekly event every Tuesday evening (Eu time), where the crafters gathered there and geared up new or low level characters. You can even get a crafting tool for your profession to use until you have your own universal tool.

second edit: aging vs. memory... looks like it is bi-weekly, so maybe there's no market today: http://laurelinarchives.org/node/11928
    When on Laurelin, and in doubt, always ask the Archives :wink:
    It is a great page for players there.
    [Deleted User]
  • RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Po_gg said:
    Got my baby elf out of the starting area and was about to start crafting and bam! Downtime coming. Talk about bad timing ggrrrr :) How often downtimes?
    They've announced last week, that from now on the weekly downtime will be always on Tuesday, always at the same time (7am EST). Today was the first of those - and you were caught by it :wink:
    Ofc. As soon as I decided to finally start my adventures! And what are the odds lol
    [Deleted User]
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Po_gg said:
    Ofc. As soon as I decided to finally start my adventures! And what are the odds lol
    1/7 or 1/168 if you want to be more accurate :smile:
    [Deleted User]Rollerrat
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    edited May 2018
    Once again LOTRO brings people together and still keeps the Trophy for best community ever!
    SovrathlahnmirGaladournRollerratMaurgrimSevenwindgervaise1
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin