Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - New $27,000 Pack

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2018
    Well yes of course after SC claims the game is not p2w and there is no advantage from one ship to another.
    So yes it makes perfect sense that a player would want 117 ships being they are all of equal value.
    Chris Roberts is just making a complete mockery of game design and hard working game developers,this has for a long while just been a "cash shop in space".More so a cash shop than a game and supporting this crooked operation makes people look bad as well.

So who was that guy 99% of the population were insulting,now a few years later we clearly see he had just cause to insult this "business" a very SHOTTY business.
    Oh let me guess,NON PROFIT as well ??
    BabuinixLackingMMOScotcmacq

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited May 2018
    Wizardry said:
    Well yes of course after SC claims the game is not p2w and there is no advantage from one ship to another.
    So yes it makes perfect sense that a player would want 117 ships being they are all of equal value.
    Chris Roberts is just making a complete mockery of game design and hard working game developers,this has for a long while just been a "cash shop in space".More so a cash shop than a game and supporting this crooked operation makes people look bad as well.

So who was that guy 99% of the population were insulting,now a few years later we clearly see he had just cause to insult this "business" a very SHOTTY business.
    :'(

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Wizardry said:

Well based on the crowd funding model I'd say they are at near 100% profit.....

;)
    maskedweasel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    someforumguysgelIselinScotJamesGoblinNebilim
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • OdeezeeOdeezee Member UncommonPosts: 69
    /sigh, are people really complaining about an Org package that the community itself asked for?!!! really? is this where we are now where we just complain about everything even if it is for us? so what if they get every ship? they are helping fund the game for EVERYONE and there is no winning in Star Citizen, in the traditional MMO sense, as the ships have roles and the large ships require a crew, etc. O.o smh.
    IselinErillionaliven

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"
    For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Odeezee said:
    /sigh, are people really complaining about an Org package that the community itself asked for?!!! really? is this where we are now where we just complain about everything even if it is for us? so what if they get every ship? they are helping fund the game for EVERYONE and there is no winning in Star Citizen, in the traditional MMO sense, as the ships have roles and the large ships require a crew, etc. O.o smh.
    Mind linking to where the people asked for this package? And did they specifically ask that you have had to spend 1000 already to even be able to purchase it?
    JamesGoblin
    edited May 2018
    Kefo said:
    Odeezee said:
    Mind linking to where the people asked for this package? And did they specifically ask that you have had to spend 1000 already to even be able to purchase it?
    All of the concierge guys have talked about it for years now, same with hiding big ship packages from the "main" store page. It's not about having to spend 1k to spend another 23k lol, that's a bit dense.

Anyone remotely interested in Star Citizen will not start out by getting a 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k or 23k package straight away and having said packages mixed in the same page with the starting packages was a dumb option. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4wqr8h/cig_can_you_update_your_pledge_store_please/

I'm sure there's more, it's been talked for years and years because johndoes who keep going drama queen mode when they see the prices without knowing nothing about crowdfunding or star citizen lol

«facepalm_ingame_screenshot»

Free publicity though and more money for CIG in the end of it. 
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Odeezee
    I love these threads, so aptly illustrate this concept.

a·pol·o·get·ics
    əˌpäləˈjediks/
    noun
    1. reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine.
      "free market apologetics"

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I'm not sure I follow how including all package options available for purchase on the purchase page is a dumb move.

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    So I was talking to a helicopter pilot two days ago. He used to fly privately for a billionaire. He told me that the guy would complain about wasting money on $20 for pillow covers on the helicopter or private jet, but would put down 50k on a deposit for a vacation and then change his mind on a whim. That's 50k for an option for vacation, but for pillow covers, oh hell no. 

It's like me. I am so cheap that I will skip meals if I have to pay for them (luckily where I work the food is free) if it wasn't, I'd probably skip meals. But then again, I bought a luxury car. We all do crazy things with money and their perceived value. The psychology of what we spend money on and what we don't is hilarious. 

The person who blows $27k on pixels if they can afford it without putting themselves or their family in financial jeopardy then who cares, if they are blowing money earmarked for rent, well that's a problem. The line is drawn based on the repercussions. 

Cryomatrix
    Pillow covers, helicopter, private jet, food, luxury car

THEY ALL EXIST!
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    aliven said:
    So I was talking to a helicopter pilot two days ago. He used to fly privately for a billionaire. He told me that the guy would complain about wasting money on $20 for pillow covers on the helicopter or private jet, but would put down 50k on a deposit for a vacation and then change his mind on a whim. That's 50k for an option for vacation, but for pillow covers, oh hell no. 

It's like me. I am so cheap that I will skip meals if I have to pay for them (luckily where I work the food is free) if it wasn't, I'd probably skip meals. But then again, I bought a luxury car. We all do crazy things with money and their perceived value. The psychology of what we spend money on and what we don't is hilarious. 

The person who blows $27k on pixels if they can afford it without putting themselves or their family in financial jeopardy then who cares, if they are blowing money earmarked for rent, well that's a problem. The line is drawn based on the repercussions. 

Cryomatrix
    Pillow covers, helicopter, private jet, food, luxury car

THEY ALL EXIST!
    This may come as a shock to you, but the ships in Star Citizen also exist.
    ErillionOdeezee
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    I love these threads, so aptly illustrate this concept.

a·pol·o·get·ics
    əˌpäləˈjediks/
    noun
    1. reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine.
      "free market apologetics"
    I went to a Catholic HS and my religion class in grade 11 was called just that, Apologetics :)
    JamesGoblinMadFrenchieOdeezee
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    If this game actually launches and turns out to be good, the community of "founders" are going to be insufferable. 
    KyleranCryomatrix
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I wonder if CIG vs Crytek had any impact on the decision to offer this "pack"?
    Jamar870 said:
    Why and how would it have any impact?
    Jamar870 said:
    you understand that CIG raise almost that much cash in half a day every day without these top end sales? how many people is it that you think are buying these packs that it would have some kind of major impact on Star Citizens finances?!
    Erillion
    It's the usual monthly dumb'sdrama's and Montoya explains just nicely why :D
    edited May 2018
    His argument is fatally flawed.  Cars retain market value on their own merits and cannot be taken away from you just cause Ford is done with the model.  Nor can Ford alter the GT once you purchase it.  Nice try, though.
    OdeezeeNebilim

edited May 2018
    His argument is fatally flawed.  Cars retain market value on their own merits and cannot be taken away from you just cause Ford is done with the model.  Nor can Ford alter the GT once you purchase it.  Nice try, though.
    Cars lose market value as soon as they leave the stand. They can be faulty and crash you into your death.

My 2013's backers account might not be worth much for you but $500+ or even $1k for some people just because of the exclusive items and added ship's.

The value you give to things is ultimately your own, so is the money you decide to spend on them.

Also depends on the terms, for instance I could easily link you to a site where you can hire a car for a month that costs more than this package.
    edited May 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Cars lose market value as soon as they leave the stand. They can be faulty and crash you into your death.

My 2013's backers account might not be worth much for you but $500+ or even $1k for some people just because of the exclusive items and added ship's.

The value you give to things is ultimately your own, so is the money you decide to spend on them.

I get your point here, but cars have value to them that's largely independent of the manufacturer's whims.  The GT is more expensive because it's literally more expensive to produce.  It's more expensive to manufacture these nicer cars- a problem CIG doesn't have with digital assets.  Reproduction is pretty much free.  About the only parallel between the two there is limiting supply helps push up cost.

Folks can mod their cars and make them even more valuable.  Those parts have real value that adds to the car.  Those parts, and the car itself, are actually owned by the buyer.  You don't own these ships.  You wouldn't own them if you offered CIG double their asking price for it.

Orinori said:
    Also depends on the terms, for instance I could easily link you to a site where you can hire a car for a month that costs more than this package.
    Each of my cars brand new with the best warranties the dealers sold cost less than this package.

;)

Orinori said:
    Yea, but you have the option with cars to lease or buy.  You have no real option to actually purchase these ships.  You're just leasing them at CIG's whim.

Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:
    Each of my cars brand new with the best warranties the dealers sold cost less than this package.

;)
    So are my shoes.
    KyleranOctagon7711MadFrenchie
    edited May 2018
    Orinori said:
    Yea, but you have the option with cars to lease or buy.  You have no real option to actually purchase these ships.  You're just leasing them at CIG's whim.
    Well that's not necessarily true, Chris Roberts might be open to selling the rights, you could always ask.

I guess with this line of thought, when I buy food I should probably not eat it and just keep it on display or something :/