Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Tips for New Players - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBless - Tips for New Players - MMORPG.com

While the servers are still experiencing their woes, we thought we’d step out of the game and write down some early tips, hints, and so forth to help those of you getting ready to play Bless Online when the base game opens up on May 30th. Now, this list is not exhaustive, so be sure to add your own thoughts too!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    This is going to become the next Riders of Icarus, won't it? Only with a $30 price tag.
    samooryesordbobbymcswansonTillerMensurRadooWarlyxViterzgirHarikenpsychosiz1Wraithoneand 8 others.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Here are tips for new players (In The Trenches R-rated for Adults Version)

Your performance is most likely going to be terrible. It isn't you. It's Neowiz. This is what Aeria Games was concerned about. Here is a link to some .ini Tweaks that WILL improve things for you (enough to make a decision if the gameplay is your cup of tea)
    [Bless]Ultimate list of config ini settings

Do NOT use your founders pack items. They are not account wide. If you're not sure about the character you're using and might re-roll hold steady.
    BillMurphyOctagon7711wingoodblack_isleTsiyasschruppValdheiminfomatzdarkheartsPhryand 2 others.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Good info for newbies.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I took the plunge....not impressed. It feels like a bad Black Desert/Archeage/FFXIV hybrid. I've never stuck with an MMO that did not grab me from the start. Not much hope for this one...for me at least.
    Dony07samooryesordwingoodHarikenpsychosiz1Thunder073
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Exactly what items will be account wide?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    So far, only currency is confirmed as "supposed to be account wide". No word on cash shop items and/or founder's items.

Also, unless the tooltips are incorrect (which may be the case), the founder's items only last 30 days once claimed ...

Octagon7711black_isle
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    you forgot to put up wait around 2 to 3 months before picking it up so all misshap will be fixed and you can log without a long queue, also for any mystic around they say that time they will realease it so one more reason to wait

btw all this article tips saving for the tutorial wrong text, are generic as hell, that is the basic on any MMORPG
    kjohio
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98
    This game is ugly and runs like garbage. I'd suggest you give Neowiz a month or two to fix some major issues before buying into this horrible disappointment.
    Viper482Thunder073Phry
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

This game is ugly and runs like garbage. I'd suggest you give Neowiz a month or two to fix some major issues before buying into this horrible disappointment.

Not sure about ugly, but I don't like the animations.
    Tsiya
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited May 2018

Viper482 said:

I took the plunge....not impressed. It feels like a bad Black Desert/Archeage/FFXIV hybrid. I've never stuck with an MMO that did not grab me from the start. Not much hope for this one...for me at least.

Should have just waited for the inevitable flip to F2P, or a trial. Either one shouldn't be very far off I'm guessing.
    EponyxDamorOctagon7711Harikenpsychosiz1Thunder073

Joined - July 2004

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018

So far, only currency is confirmed as "supposed to be account wide". No word on cash shop items and/or founder's items.

Also, unless the tooltips are incorrect (which may be the case), the founder's items only last 30 days once claimed ...

Wow...Neowiz needs to fix a lot of this stuff otherwise there's gonna be a huge fall off by next week. There was nothing mentioned about paying for temporary skins. On a lighter note, I bet a lot of people had that face in the picture yesterday.
    EponyxDamor
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Im really tempted by the ideal of combat chains and the abilities structure, but viewing the twitter feeds is a big turnoff.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

I guess the days of founder items being applied account wide and to every newly created character are long gone. :-(

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Asch126 said:
    This is going to become the next Riders of Icarus, won't it? Only with a $30 price tag.
    At this rate, the game's longevity may not even reach that of Riders of Icarus or Revelation.  So disappointed....refunded. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Another tip,

The translations some of our more rose-colored contact wearing counterparts were raving about are really misleading. Be extra careful when spending those gems.

Redos will cost you more gold than you'll have at this point and the other item capable of fixing it is in the unspeakable place.

Your cooldowns don't have cooldowns even though we know you love cooldowns dawg.
    svanninfomatzGobstopper3D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BossDocBossDoc Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited May 2018
    Albatroes said:

Wow...Neowiz needs to fix a lot of this stuff otherwise there's gonna be a huge fall off by next week. There was nothing mentioned about paying for temporary skins. On a lighter note, I bet a lot of people had that face in the picture yesterday.
    This is the exact reason i asked for refund after 10 mins of play.30 days on items that normally it would be permanent OR AT LEAST STATE that are for 30 days.
    All the other issues are secondary.
    I felt scammed by a company trying to get money from me in the worst way.
    Not even f2p
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This is helpful.
    HIBIKI12345

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    1 tip for new players: refund now you still can
    SolancerHarikeninfomatzPhry
  • DarthturkDarthturk Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Those 30 day items, arent founder items they are Premium items as in they come from the premium/subscription service which only lasts 30, 60 or 90 days.
    EponyxDamorBuschkatzeLeiloniMrMelGibson
  • BossDocBossDoc Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Darthturk said:
    Those 30 day items, arent founder items they are Premium items as in they come from the premium/subscription service which only lasts 30, 60 or 90 days.

It states on the icon Standard Edition FOUNDER'S PACK: ITEMS

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    BossDoc said:
    Darthturk said:

Given the 2 poster a benefit of the doubt, their localization and translations are currently shyte so its possible.
    Albatroes said:
    BossDoc said:
    Darthturk said:

Given the 2 poster a benefit of the doubt, their localization and translations are currently shyte so its possible.
    Completely agree. It isn't made clear either way. Didn't even know premium subscription came with time-limited pet/mount skins, TBH -- Is that stated anywhere?
  • DarthturkDarthturk Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited May 2018

BossDoc said:

Darthturk said:

Yes, because the founder pack includes 30 days of premium, which gives those items for 30 days. If you look on the actual steam page, those benefits are under the Premium Membership part of the description. Not saying it couldnt be misunderstood, but saying its a scam or whatever is silly.
    EponyxDamorLeiloniMrMelGibson
    Darthturk said:

BossDoc said:

Darthturk said:

Yes, because the founder pack includes 30 days of premium, which gives those items for 30 days. If you look on the actual steam page, those benefits are under the Premium Membership part of the description. Not saying it couldnt be misunderstood, but saying its a scam or whatever is silly.
    Would've been a lot clearer if they were listed under Premium Subscription benefits (in-game), as I was never able to view the different packs via Steam. I just assumed they were benefits of the actual Founder's Edition - Founder's Pack, as that is what they are listed under in-game.
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317

Viper482 said:

I did the same. But I knew in the first hour it wasn't for me. Thing is, I didn't care for the very popular Black Desert Online either. I've learned my lesson. English based MMOs only for me. I'm grateful for Steam's refund policy.