Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders' Pack Early Access Begins on Steam - Bless - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    As much as I hate to say it, this game will be dead in 6 months. If a Korean games FLOPS in Korea and you expect something different here, I've got some swamp land to sell you in Florida.

Just go into this game expecting it to be a short holdover until something better comes out. If your expectations are any higher, be prepared to be SORELY disappointed. This is a cash grab, nothing more.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    For those who want an actual honest review from a person that isn't a salty idiot, I Been playing for a few hours now with my crew. Honest opinion... the game isn't bad.

It's not fucking gold or anything but it's a solid MMO. I'm impressed that it's not shit.

There was a few burps and queues connecting, and some server maintence here and there, but once I got in, I didn't really lag at all. I expected it with the volume of people trying to play at once. It was reasonable to assume there'd be some connection problems, but honestly stormblood and archeage releases were wayyyyyyy worse.

The optimization was drastically improved from the RU version. I am getting mostly 60 fps. Some places it's a little choppy but nothing major.

Quests are voiced over and the voices are actually nice and the acting is decent.

The combat is nothing special but nothing bad. It's also different and takes time to get used to.

There's no P2W bullshit in the shop. There's cosmetics, a pvp safe thingie, some pets and mounts, and a few EXP boosts, which some people may consider P2W but I consider it pay to go faster, which is fine with me. As long as nothing give stats I'm cool. Besides partying up gives exp boosts so no big deal.

This reaction is accurate>

Over all I give it a solid C+
    Give it a go.

Welcome to the boards, I don't take advice from guys in Santa's hats, but yours has been duly noted. :)
    MrMelGibson
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Kyleran said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Bad optimized and half baked features... oh boy I can't wait to buy some cash items!
    For each character separately....

;)
    Well on the bright side there are only five classes, LOL.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    I do have to say that the combat feels very clunky on some classes. Started as a Paladin and it felt so disjointed and wonky. Rerolled a Mage and immediately felt that it was made for this combo system. It was just so much smoother and flowed a lot better -- animations included.

Hearing similar stories about Zerker from friends. I'm guessing they have a lot of work to do on the combat system to make things flow properly. BDO/Tera both have very smooth melee combat -- I even prefer it to ranged -- but Bless definitely has some kinks to work out with the class combos/animations, especially for melee characters is seems.

Seems like the only class so far that has the Action Mode for combat is the Beserker. The other classes have not gotten it yet. 

https://bless-source.com/thread/18812-resolved-change-from-classic-mode-to-action-mode/
    Not sure that action mode would really chance much, honestly. It might -- So perhaps it will feel better once they've introduce the "real action combat" to the other classes. Zerker has it and I'm hearing nothing but complaints from friends on how clunky it feels in combat.

Granted, it could be because we aren't at max level, but combat should still feel satisfying even at early levels. It definitely wasn't for me with Paladin.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the combat overhaul for Bless was supposed to be two-fold: shifting from tab-targeting to "action combat" and addition of the "combo system". Currently, the combo system has been implemented on all classes, but doesn't seem to fit particularly well with some of the animations/chains. Furthermore, the "action combat" system is only in place for one class (Zerker). So, the combat oberhaul isn't nearly as "complete" as they made it seem, and doesn't feel nearly as satisfying as it should as a result. Rather, its in a weird half-finished state of kinda tab-target kinda combo-y, but the two don't really line up particularly well since it seems shoehorned in and half-finished.

There was no combat overhaul in terms of animations - which are key to action combat.

What they changed from previous version is introduce the combo system (which for me personally on a mage is a step back).

The skills/attacks are the same as previous versions with slight alterations.

Sure the combat plays differently, but as far as work that was put into "overhaul" it was minimal in terms of redoing all animations and skills.

Neowiz way oversold the overhaul and underdelivered in reality

You managed to say what I meant in less words. 100% agree. Animations do not match well with the new combo system for some classes to me.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    DMKano said:
    Becasuse it is almost 10 years old - dev started in 2009
    DMKano said:
    There is only so much you can do with a 32bit 10 year old UE3.5 engine.

Neowiz are not miracle workers. 
    Makes me laugh there is still loads saying 'but its early access, give them time'... wonder if they really believe that or just clueless defend things because atm they have high interest in it.
    Nilden
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Nilden said:
    Kyleran said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Bad optimized and half baked features... oh boy I can't wait to buy some cash items!

;)
    what? there are like 7 classes afaik , paladin , mage , archer , asassin , guardian and mystic (warlock was WIP)
    Warlyx said:
    Nilden said:
    Kyleran said:
    Nyctelios said:

;)
    what? there are like 7 classes afaik , paladin , mage , archer , asassin , guardian and mystic (warlock was WIP)
    Not in steam release

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Warlyx said:
    Nilden said:
    Kyleran said:
    Nyctelios said:

;)
    Only 5 classes currently: Guardian, Paladin, Mage, Ranger, and Berserker.

However, armor/weapons will drop for classes not currently added, which include: Mystic, Assassin, and Warlock.
    Warlyx said:
    Nilden said:
    Kyleran said:
    Nyctelios said:

;)
    Only 5 classes currently: Guardian, Paladin, Mage, Ranger, and Berserker.

However, armor/weapons will drop for classes not currently added, which include: Mystic, Assassin, and Warlock.
    lol of course they do.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    For those who want an actual honest review from a person that isn't a salty idiot, I Been playing for a few hours now with my crew. Honest opinion... the game isn't bad.
    ----
    Give it a go.
    Yep, it's actually great (pic via Reddit).

Great effort by the devs. Hey, 150$ package in the shop, everyone jump on it!
    cdcd.png 168.9K
    EponyxDamorAgnhar
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited May 2018
    simmihi said:
    ----
    Give it a go.
    Yep, it's actually great (pic via Reddit).

Great effort by the devs. Hey, 150$ package in the shop, everyone jump on it!
    yo dawg i heard u liked your cooldown so i put a cooldown on your cooldown
    AlbatroesAgnhar
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    I put Bles s on cooldown,until the cooldown cooldown is reduced by increasing the cooldown.
    It's cool.Down...uhhhhh..

Cryomatrix
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    epoq said:
    As much as I hate to say it, this game will be dead in 6 months. If a Korean games FLOPS in Korea and you expect something different here, I've got some swamp land to sell you in Florida.

Just go into this game expecting it to be a short holdover until something better comes out. If your expectations are any higher, be prepared to be SORELY disappointed. This is a cash grab, nothing more.
    That's actually not always true.  A good example is Tera.  It has done much better in the West than in Korea.  
    Kyleran
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    epoq said:

That's actually not always true.  A good example is Tera.  It has done much better in the West than in Korea.  
    But Tera only saved itself by going F2P in the West. It flopped when it was B2P and imo got worse because they trivialized the content in the game that made it fun to me(BAMs used to be somewhat challenging then they nerfed them for instance)
    SovrathEponyxDamor

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I want to thank everyone who bought the game so I could save my money. Its much appreciated.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Sephiroso said:
    epoq said:

But Tera only saved itself by going F2P in the West. It flopped when it was B2P and imo got worse because they trivialized the content in the game that made it fun to me(BAMs used to be somewhat challenging then they nerfed them for instance)

TERA was Pay To Play at first and then went Free To Play right? I don't remember it ever being buy to play.
    MrMelGibson
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited May 2018
    Mikeha said:
    Sephiroso said:
    epoq said:

TERA was Pay To Play at first and then went Free To Play right? I don't remember it ever being buy to play.
    Was it? Honestly it was years ago that i too forget. I thought it was B2P with optional sub but now that i think about it, you might be right and it was P2P.

I just remember being pissed that soloing BAMs was no longer a good(nor fun) way to level because they nerfed their hp/dmg and exp they gave.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Sephiroso said:
    Mikeha said:
    Sephiroso said:
    epoq said:

Was it? Honestly it was years ago that i too forget. I thought it was B2P with optional sub but now that i think about it, you might be right and it was P2P.

I just remember being pissed that soloing BAMs was no longer a good(nor fun) way to level because they nerfed their hp/dmg and exp they gave.
    Ya, he's right.  I was there at launch.  I also agree with you about the BAMS.  They were my favorite part of the game.  Really felt like a unique enemy that we never really saw in other mmos.  Now they are more or less a joke.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Albatroes said:
    I want to thank everyone who bought the game so I could save my money. Its much appreciated.
    I'd like to thank my brain for not needing other people to buy it to know it was going to be subpar. 

Scot
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    edited May 2018
    Don't mind me, just dropping this here also:

Also, a nice read here:

I wonder how Valve still allows this on Steam and why this website doesn't have the guts to make an article about how much of a pile of dog crap this title is, instead of "how to get past google translate and enjoy this great game" articles.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2018
    simmihi said:

Also, a nice read here:

I wonder how Valve still allows this on Steam and why this website doesn't have the guts to make an article about how much of a pile of dog crap this title is, instead of "how to get past google translate and enjoy this great game" articles.
    Hard to discern what the full "truth" is from that thread. Some believe the full end game content is being held back until today,  others think that moment is months away.

One very interesting point is the claim many posters with up to 32 hours played are getting refunds from Steam, even on the two more expensive, non refundable packages. 

Also, while its good these "racers" discovered this reported gap, I can't help but think "what a bunch of fools" when I read some posters there talk about how they and their friends went without sleep just to race to end game.

Karma can be a bitch sometimes. 

;)
    MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Kyleran said:
    simmihi said:

Also, a nice read here:

Hard to discern what the full "truth" is from that thread. Some believe the full end game content is being held back until today,  others think that moment is months away.

One very interesting point is the claim many posters with up to 32 hours played are getting refunds from Steam, even on the two more expensive, non refundable packages. 

Also, while its good these "racers" discovered this reported gap, I can't help but think "what a bunch of fools" when I read some posters there talk about how they and their friends went without sleep just to race to end game.

Karma can be a bitch sometimes. 

;)
    I have a feeling this was done to assuage the crybabies complaining about P2W 2 day headstart
    Quazal.A said:
    He tears it to pieces and calls it an embarrassment.