Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chat with the Dev Team About the New Classes & Much More Tonight! - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen New

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageChat with the Dev Team About the New Classes & Much More Tonight! - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen News

Tonight on the GameSpace Game Show, members of the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team will be on hand to talk about the game overall and about the newly revealed Monk, Ranger and Rogue classes. You'll want to check in at 7:00 pm Pacific / 10:00 pm Eastern in the MMORPG.com Twitch channel.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    When this game will come out x.x
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    DMKano said:
    wre can haz bards plz? my carpal tunnel surgeon been feeling left out ;)

While I want a bard, and this is funny.....please not that EXACT system again.....LOL 
    itchmon
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:

While I want a bard, and this is funny.....please not that EXACT system again.....LOL 
    I have never given a bard a serious chance, it just never appealed to me. I assume they were a very button intensive class to play? 
    MrMelGibson

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:

While I want a bard, and thisthey were a very button intensive class to play? 
    After 5 years of maining bard in EQ1, my buddy went to get a job at the courthouse.

They asked - looks like you've been playing video games for the last 5 years, why should we hire you?

He said "Was a primary bard in a raiding guild in Everquest"

Got a court stenographer job on the spot.

Haha good one.  So just by playing a bard you earn a +10 to RL dexterity? 
    MrMelGibson

• frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I already slept enough to see these new classes, I do not want to take the risk of sleeping on the keyboard again
    Mikeha
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Hoping some Druid news is revealed soonish. I am hoping it isn't too generic and has some unique mechanic connected with the open world instead of just a "nature caster with healz".
    BruceYee[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonOctagon7711

You stay sassy!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Tamanous said:

Hoping some Druid news is revealed soonish. I am hoping it isn't too generic and has some unique mechanic connected with the open world instead of just a "nature caster with healz".

Underground is just as much a part of nature as above ground, never understood Brad's quaint idea of druids being weaker underground. Here's to hoping they're more like Vanguard Druids than the EQ version.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Tamanous said:

Underground is just as much a part of nature as above ground, never understood Brad's quaint idea of druids being weaker underground. Here's to hoping they're more like Vanguard Druids than the EQ version.
    Maybe it has to do with lack of sunlight and air? Most plants can't live underground. Makes sense to me. 
    --------------------------------------------
  • Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I just hope they have the bard in release.  When my bard first got to 50 and started raiding, didn't half his skills work so was not so much to twist then. Later on I ended up switching to a trackball as my wrist bothered me too much using a mouse.
    Actually at one time I was raiding with two other raiding guilds besides the one I was in. That was nuts and my wrist really suffered.
     I hope and assume they will not have the twisting for bards in this game.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Where's mah "Summoner"!?! Need those elemental (Mage) pets, need um NOW!!!
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Screw that noise, bards really ? NECROS I know Brad hates them (glares)_

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I'm so looking forward to this.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Tamanous said:

Maybe it has to do with lack of sunlight and air? Most plants can't live underground. Makes sense to me. 

How about roots, algae and mushrooms? All grow under and above ground. Some grow in places you'd never expect. Just a thought.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Xodic said:

I can sleep well tonight knowing that rangers are not a pet class.

Did they say they weren't one? Why would they put a picture of a ranger with a pet on their site if that's the case?
    Mikeha
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    DMKano said:
    I burst out laughing when I saw this. I swear only people who played a bard in Everquest would understand this.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    cheyane said:
    DMKano said:
    I burst out laughing when I saw this. I swear only people who played a bard in Everquest would understand this.
    DAOCs Minstrels had to twist in the early days, was rough there too. I don't think I could do it anymore.

MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294

Tamanous said:

We've definitely changed our vision for the druid, making him formidable outside and in doors, hopefully with a new approach and feel. More detail will have to wait.
    maskedweasel

--

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294

kruler said:

Screw that noise, bards really ? NECROS I know Brad hates them (glares)_

Nah, necros are cool. As are psionicists, inquisitors, berzerkers, wild magic, and so much more. The reality though is we need to have a ship date we are shooting for internally and be careful that 'feature creep' doesn't sneak in. I do look forward to the post-launch period with expansions and such almost as much as releasing the game in a solid, fully featured state. Both pre and post-launch and where we want to take this genre are very exciting to us :)
    maskedweasel

--

Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com

Tamanous said:

For one, half of the plant lives below ground in the form of roots and the fruits and vegetables they can create.  Second, Druids are more than about vegetation and weather, they are about nature and the earth itself.  Lastly, if you're going to put those kind of limitations on a class, they better make up for it enough in other areas to justify the downgrade.  Who's going to want Druids or Rangers in dungeons if some of their abilities are gimped when underground?  Considering how Brad loves dungeons and puts most of the loot in them, that would be a major hit on classes like the Druid, if he goes that route.

Aradune said:

Tamanous said:

We've definitely changed our vision for the druid, making him formidable outside and in doors, hopefully with a new approach and feel. More detail will have to wait.

I am so glad to hear that  :D

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I just get the feeling they are going to do a clip and paste of the EQ1 classes and maybe have some slight alterations.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I was somewhat surprised to see the Monk does "off-tanking" possibly my favourite class role, but one that is so rare now that players don't even know what it is if you mention it. :)
    Octagon7711