Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PUBG Devs: 'Players Have Rightfully Called Us Out" on Issues - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePUBG Devs: 'Players Have Rightfully Called Us Out" on Issues - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds News - The PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Steam page has an extensive blog post from the devs. The post is a sort of mea culpa where the team admits that it has fallen short development-wise on what the community has expressed a wish to see, namely performance and better communication about changes to the game. "We want to change that by talking in-depth about things we're prioritizing" the blog reads.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WodgeWodge Member UncommonPosts: 46
    "and we've done nothing, but we're suing the competition for no reason"

PUBG was a mistake.
    SBFordAeanderAsch126
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Wodge said:
    "and we've done nothing, but we're suing the competition for no reason"

PUBG was a mistake.
    Not enough room in our headline box for that. :dizzy:

You made my spit coffee. Not a pretty sight. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• project6925project6925 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Steamspy for last 30days for pubg: avg -197,356. -17.83%
    Pubg will soon follow h1z1 to the grave at this rate.
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    I love the BR genre, I love that it has created something new since survival and MoBA games. What I hate is this bickering from one of the 2 leaders in this genre. PuBG put BR on the map, there is no doubt there, but they failed to innovate beyond a first person shooter and now it seems like they are in damage control with their community and investors.

They had their chance to take care of things, involve their player base and keep from hemorrhaging players when they were selling ~30 million copies in a month. Instead, they were blinded by the $$ and now, here they are... saying, "We are sorry we did not listen when we had the chance."

And yes, I get they are still a big company making tons of money, I get they have a solid base of players. But one thing they have never had is tact.
    Sabracjimmywolf
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    "You either have to be first, best or different" - Loretta Lynn

H1Z1 was 'first'. It's debatable which one is 'best' but many say Fortnite because it's ftp and better optimized. Fortnite also has 'different' covered with the building feature.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    PUBG is bad for the gaming industry and can go die. The last thing the big publishers needed to see was that a broken, unfinished game can make literal mountains of money. 

There's no need to actually finish games anymore. Just run them through early access and watch the cash flow in. 

No need to actually fix your broken shite either, apparently. Instead of developing their game, they focus on lootbox gambling and frivolous lawsuits. PUBG is a cancerous growth. 
    simmihiproject6925SabracjimmywolfTacticalZombeh
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Well, if they focused on fixes and not on trying to fondle Epic Games' testicles, people wouldn't call them out so much.
    MadFrenchieTacticalZombeh
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

I love the BR genre, I love that it has created something new since survival and MoBA games. What I hate is this bickering from one of the 2 leaders in this genre. PuBG put BR on the map, there is no doubt there, but they failed to innovate beyond a first person shooter and now it seems like they are in damage control with their community and investors.

They had their chance to take care of things, involve their player base and keep from hemorrhaging players when they were selling ~30 million copies in a month. Instead, they were blinded by the $$ and now, here they are... saying, "We are sorry we did not listen when we had the chance."

And yes, I get they are still a big company making tons of money, I get they have a solid base of players. But one thing they have never had is tact.

Uhh, BR is not new, AT ALL. Even Minecraft servers had BR modes far before things like PUBG, Fortnite and H1Z1 were a thing.
    jimmywolf
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Asch126 said:

Uhh, BR is not new, AT ALL. Even Minecraft servers had BR modes far before things like PUBG, Fortnite and H1Z1 were a thing.
    I think you miss understood BR as a genre is absolutely new. The type of gameplay is not new but the spawning of enough games that reference that gameplay to create a genre called Battle Royale is new.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2018
    BruceYee said:
    "You either have to be first, best or different" - Loretta Lynn

H1Z1 was 'first'. It's debatable which one is 'best' but many say Fortnite because it's ftp and better optimized. Fortnite also has 'different' covered with the building feature.
    The efficacy of being first is debatable, though.

I always cite the Betamax/VHS war.  Betamax was very clearly first to market, and by most assessments, superior to VHS.  VHS focused on ensuring everyone could access and use the technology in their every day lives through affordability.  VHS won out despite Betamax beating it to the market.  Battleborn also released before Overwatch, to bring it back to video games.  VHS was "better" in that it was more affordable and had longer tape times.

As such, different and best are far more important than being first, a fact that the company I work for can't grasp.  As such, we get a lot of new processes that are asinine because the company is afraid that, by taking the time to thoroughly vet the new process and work out kinks, they won't be the first to offer that new "thing" to their customers.  However, when that new "thing" causes customer experience issues because we are making customers in the wild our guinea pigs, it creates the wrong impression of the company's attempts to innovate.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Yes Fortnite is competition, but still if I read correctly Fort Nite has people from Blue Hole working for them and they did make the game just like Fort Nite except adding different modes to it and building the only difference, and gun attatchments.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Asch126 said:
    Well, if they focused on fixes and not on trying to fondle Epic Games' testicles, people wouldn't call them out so much.
    I LOL'd.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Dont tell me the team behind Destiny 2's excuse train works freelance and PUBG hired them....
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited May 2018
    REd-Wind said:
    You guys dont understand , PUBG has better production value then any other battle royalle , even it they dont ever add anything
    New to the game it still will be better than the others for instance compair H1Z1 parachute to PUBG.
    Are you for real? PUBG looks like a slapdash asset flip of horrible, outdated assets - because it is one.

And that's on the PC where it "works" at its maximum graphical potential. On the XBOX, it looks and plays like a fucking N64 game run on a literal toaster.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Aeander said:

REd-Wind said:

You guys dont understand , PUBG has better production value then any other battle royalle , even it they dont ever add anything

New to the game it still will be better than the others for instance compair H1Z1 parachute to PUBG.

Are you for real? PUBG looks like a slapdash asset flip of horrible, outdated assets - because it is one.

And that's on the PC where it "works" at its maximum graphical potential. On the XBOX, it looks and plays like a fucking N64 game run on a literal toaster.

Odd because I just played three matches on my Xbox One X and besides the initial loading slow down when landing the game was quite playable and very enjoyable. I do of course hope for even more optimization and improvement. I will take it any day over Fortnite(aka Buildup/shotty) and H1Z1.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Aeander said:
    REd-Wind said:

I agree.

I actually used to play quite a bit of H1Z1 when it blew up and didn't know anything about PUBG, when I saw PUBG originally and watched gameplay, I was convinced it wasn't going to do well. It looked awful, had really bad animations, and the gameplay just looked slower. So I stuck with H1Z1 until PUBG grew like crazy and H1 fell off. It was just weird how people accepted the gross looking graphics bad animations, and the poor performance. 
    Lazarus71