Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders' Pack Early Access Begins on Steam - Bless - MMORPG.com

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I had zero attraction to cave in. 

The enthusiasm of posters on this board is infectious but the game has so many red flags that are obvious and unarguable that I am not sure how anyone could get realistically hyped for it unless they are all emotional about their MMORPG-void that they'll accept this out of desperation. 

Unarguable facts about the game:
    1) Failed in two other regions that are more acceptable of non-western MMO's.
    2) Optimization looked like crap on their trailers and was a known problem before. 
    3) Literally, nothing new that hasn't been seen or done before. (same quest crap, gear progression, boring shit)

I just went on twitch to look at sodapoppin he said some interesting things. 

Any way, he's getting paid mad money to stream it, so he doesn't care, but I hope some people are having fun. I guess, I apologize for being a dick, but I find it difficult for people to get hyped about this. 

To say nice things about the game though. The graphics look great, it is very well done. The graphics are good enough for me at least. I LOVE THE GRAPHICS ACTUALLY. Then again, I'm watching a top streamer who probably has a computer worth more than my 2nd car. 

I hope you guys have fun, please explain to me why you thought it was going to be good? Or you just were so hard-up for something you lowered your expectations. 

d_20SolancerMaurgrim
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • SinDicate99SinDicate99 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited May 2018
    N/A are more prone to throwing money at games so itll prob be ok, from what I've read its supposed to be in early access for a year, also didn't have any lag issues so that's prob a case by case basis
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I apologize for being a dick, but I find it difficult for people to get hyped about this. 

You have nothing to apologize for.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited May 2018
    40 Euro for standard option game
    13 Euro for premium membership that gives access to convenience items.
    Cash shop sells ingame money

So, expect a deliberate horrible grind by design that can be alleviated by premium membership and/or cash shop stuff. 

And no, I haven't played the game. I probably won't either. I stopped playing games that let you pay for removing grind because it is a ridiculous concept for a game (not as business though, but the same could be said about snake oil).
    SolancerValdheimGobstopper3D
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Just found out that founder's packs items are apparently character bound.<eye roll>.  That being the case, does anyone know if there is a deadline for accepting/opening them?  Still trying out characters :/
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    How's it going ? I'm very curious to read how the game is and what's the gameplay and combat is like. Hope some folk will give us more meaty posts.

Not really interested in playing as I am not a PvP fan so just curious about the new game in the MMORPG scene.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Rnjypsy said:
    Just found out that founder's packs items are apparently character bound.<eye roll>.  That being the case, does anyone know if there is a deadline for accepting/opening them?  Still trying out characters :/
    Ouch, hopefully they have a way to send like BnS does at least....or implements one. BnS didn't have one right away but came up with the stamp system a few months after launch I believe.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

kitarad said:

How's it going ? I'm very curious to read how the game is and what's the gameplay and combat is like. Hope some folk will give us more meaty posts.

Not really interested in playing as I am not a PvP fan so just curious about the new game in the MMORPG scene.

Go to twitch and check out a stream.
    EponyxDamorMrMelGibson
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Combat chains seems like it might be interesting, but so little available info I just cant see it.
  • Moehawk818Moehawk818 Member CommonPosts: 1
    So I downloaded the game, played for about an hour, and then uninstalled the game, asked Steam for refund.

Why?

1. The movement is very odd compared to other MMO's.
    2. The lack of ability to move faster/sprint. Feels like I am jogging rather than running or sprinting.
    3. The archer class that I tried was very very hard to play and died almost every story line mission that involved combat. Me thinking Archer would deal massive damage to keep me alive or distance, but in this game its irrelevant, archers don't even have a dash ability to get away from enemy, so I am jogging away while they chase and kill me. Lame.
    4. Assassin class was not unlocked, that's all that I play in MMO's, and if it's not available, then makes me not want to even play.

Overall, this game needs much time, I'll wait several months and see if it improves before going in there again.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    So I downloaded the game, played for about an hour, and then uninstalled the game, asked Steam for refund.

Why?

1. The movement is very odd compared to other MMO's.
    2. The lack of ability to move faster/sprint. Feels like I am jogging rather than running or sprinting.
    3. The archer class that I tried was very very hard to play and died almost every story line mission that involved combat. Me thinking Archer would deal massive damage to keep me alive or distance, but in this game its irrelevant, archers don't even have a dash ability to get away from enemy, so I am jogging away while they chase and kill me. Lame.
    4. Assassin class was not unlocked, that's all that I play in MMO's, and if it's not available, then makes me not want to even play.

Overall, this game needs much time, I'll wait several months and see if it improves before going in there again.

speaking of "old bless" :

what? i remember bless having a sprint (shift afaik) that drained stamina bar

archers have an attack that dodges back , they arent complete until u get the 1 stance (in old game) i had no issues until lvl 25+

didnt buy the game because even if i love the graphics lore and the leveling / dungeons , in the end i will get bored in 1 week top , the game is generic and the changes dont appeal to me , the combo system is lame at best , its gonna fail and the pop will plumet in 1 month, but thats just my opinion :)
    Solancer[Deleted User]
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited May 2018
    Fair warning to anyone who purchased the founder's packs with currency bonus -- cash shop currency (and ALSO items) are character bound ONLY, not account bound.

So, do not open your founder's pack items (currency included) on a character you intend to reroll, as you will lose all of your founder's items if you do at this point (currency included).
    MrMelGibson
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    there is still a sprint, doesnt last long but its by default at least a double tap W.  So far though the combat is indeed clunky and lame.  I havent found much reason to use anything but the default combo of 1, R, R, R, rinse and repeat.  That could change in longer group fights later in the game, but even without that it remains clunky.  There is a very annoying hitch when swapping stances.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Fair warning to anyone who purchased the founder's packs with currency bonus -- cash shop currency (and ALSO items) are character bound ONLY, not account bound.

So, do not open your founder's pack items (currency included) on a character you intend to reroll, as you will lose all of your founder's items if you do at this point (currency included).
    that is hilariously retarded.
    EponyxDamorRenoakuSolancerAlbatroes[Deleted User]

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Sephiroso said:

that is hilariously retarded.
    This alone would have been enough for me to request a refund, but with the poor optimization and the general feeling that they don't know what they're doing...yeah, I'm out :(
  • LogsdonbLogsdonb Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Complete disaster. Lockup’s, freezes, full servers, terrible lag the 5 minutes I was actually able to play. I have already. Requested a refund. Stay away.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • ZdarcZdarc Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I'm glad to see more like me not touching this. I think we've finally learned our lesson on these types of games. I'm sure some will love it but not for me.

I've been watching some streams and it's just a combination of Tera, BDO etc. Been there.. done that. Next!
    RemyVorender
  • DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Im the oppisite of this guy ive had hours of play and having a blast cant wait to enjoy more of it. The headstart is going about as good as i thought. a few crashes and lots of people clogging up ques but neowiz is on the ball with trying to get fixes and opened 4 additional servers from their original one. How people can keep complaining and not be impressed or at thevery least admire the fact they are trying really hard to get things going smoothly.
    MikehaMrMelGibson

DrDream said:
    Im the oppisite of this guy ive had hours of play and having a blast cant wait to enjoy more of it. The headstart is going about as good as i thought. a few crashes and lots of people clogging up ques but neowiz is on the ball with trying to get fixes and opened 4 additional servers from their original one. How people can keep complaining and not be impressed or at thevery least admire the fact they are trying really hard to get things going smoothly.
    did you also expect the cash shop currency to be character bound? and the founders pack rewards to only be applicable to 1 character?

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited May 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    DrDream said:
    did you also expect the cash shop currency to be character bound? and the founders pack rewards to only be applicable to 1 character?
    To be fair, they've confirmed that the cash shop currency *should* be account bound. Granted, it will take quite a while for people to realize it and then to get the currency returned once they've fixed the problem. However, no mention has been made about the founders skins/mounts/armors being character bound.

Neowiz is actually very proactive so far when it comes to fixing issues and opening servers (though they should've had more to begin with, to prevent guild splitting). I'm giving them props for being as proactive as they have been; however, they have a lot more long-term problems to fix aside from launch day issues (to be expected).
    MikehaRenoakuMrMelGibson
    Sephiroso said:
    DrDream said:
    To be fair, they've confirmed that the cash shop currency *should* be account bound. Granted, it will take quite a while for people to realize it and then to get the currency returned once they've fixed the problem. However, no mention has been made about the founders skins/mounts/armors being character bound.

Neowiz is actually very proactive so far when it comes to fixing issues and opening servers (though they should've had more to begin with, to prevent guild splitting). I'm giving them props for being as proactive as they have been; however, they have a lot more long-term problems to fix aside from launch day issues (to be expected).
    I'll give you the cash shop currency bit, but he dodged the question on the skins/costumes not being account bound which doesn't bode too well. Regardless, something like this shouldn't have ever been an issue in the first place.

Ordinary launch day issues is to be expected. Cash shop currency and founders pack items being char bound is not. Having to rename one of your servers because you used a racial slur is not(that made me lol so much).

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    This game is absolute complete garbage.. it'll bleed out within 2 weeks
    Ginaz
  • MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    I requested a refund the optimization is horrible. It does not play smooth at all.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Syphin_B said:
    This game is absolute complete garbage.. it'll bleed out within 2 weeks
    Yup.  I already refunded it.  Optimization and English translation is dog shit.  When people struggle to get through the tutorial because they can't understand whats being asked of them, it's not a good start.  I expect crap like this from Asian MMO publishers like Aeria but at least their games are free to play, not $40 for a game that's failed twice in other markets.
    onelesslight

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Checked out a short twitch stream and the architecture looked almost cc of Limsa Lominsa in FF14. Whats up with that?