Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access/Launch Updates

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,179
    ananit said:
    IceDark said:
    ananit said:
    14 years old engine, 32bit client, directx 9.
    i refunded after 10 minutes and an average of 15fps in town with beast gaming pc. not to mention the fucking atrocious controls.
    this is the first game i've ever refunded in over 2 decades of gaming.
    i didn't expect much but my goodness, this pile of garbage gave me tera flashbacks.
    Good think you didn't reviewed the game based on your .. 10 minutes of .. gaming on a launch day.

Wait .. did you ?
    why would i bother playing that generic pile of shit when you have games just as bad with more content and classes. tera/aion/archeage are all free to play, 40 bucks for bless is a stretch if not a scam.
    i expected the game to run at least ok but it doesn't.
    Lots of people are playing it without issues.  Server lag is due to launch, the game itself runs just fine with tons of people on the screen for me. 
    MikehaMrMelGibson

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I don't have any stake in this game, and I'm a fan of good games before I'm a fan of Korea/Anime/Neowiz/Bless or whatever motivates others.

The game isn't optimized to be an MMO. Performance is decent where there aren't any other players. Where there is high population (and I don't mean in-front of you I mean in general) the game goes to sh!#, and this is beyond the server network lag which is a whole other issue in itself.

Unless you're running an extremely powerful processor with great single core performance you're going to experience the flip book.

RVR is going to be sad AF no matter what they do. I'm about to go f#$% around with the .ini settings and see if there's anything I can tweak. Seems like my server is about to die and go offline again anyhow.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I'll stick to my current Game until they fix Bless. Might try it in 6 months.
    EponyxDamord_20Octagon7711

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Servers are down again for emergency maintenance. 1hr 30mins and counting.

They named one of the servers "Guido" and realized that wasn't such a good idea so they're changing that.

Performance is bad no matter what setting you put it at. It's pretty awful right now. Of course there's always going to be the ppl talking about "I have a [insert video card] and its' running at a smooth 20000fps". They'll have to screen shot or capture it for me to not believe my setup and everybody else though.

Also the story is even more bogus than Archeage. Do yourself a favor and just blast through the quests and go read about the story later.  :D
    Octagon7711
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Cash shop currency is character-bound, not account bound. Just a heads up if you purchased the founder's pack that includes currency or intend to purchase currency separately.
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    ananit said:
    IceDark said:
    ananit said:
    14 years old engine, 32bit client, directx 9.
    i refunded after 10 minutes and an average of 15fps in town with beast gaming pc. not to mention the fucking atrocious controls.
    this is the first game i've ever refunded in over 2 decades of gaming.
    i didn't expect much but my goodness, this pile of garbage gave me tera flashbacks.
    Good think you didn't reviewed the game based on your .. 10 minutes of .. gaming on a launch day.

Wait .. did you ?
    why would i bother playing that generic pile of shit when you have games just as bad with more content and classes. tera/aion/archeage are all free to play, 40 bucks for bless is a stretch if not a scam.
    i expected the game to run at least ok but it doesn't.
    Actually , with this attitude,  I am amazed that you did bought it and played it for.. 10 minutes.

I mean it is clear that you have no real intention in actually get involved with the game, so why did you bother ? 

Was it so that you can come to the forums and cry? And people wouldn't get serious on you if you didn't say you.. bought it and "play" it ?

Ok, I get it now. Well .. good luck with your next game then.
    Mikeha
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Cash shop has some stuff that reduces chance of gear upgrade failure and degrade.  UGH... smells like acheage already.
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    edited May 2018
    Bought it for the 2 hour free trial and its just as bad as everyone is saying.

First 40 minutes saw main story quest break twice requiring re-loads and frequent FPS drops to as low as 20 in starter town no matter the quality level.

i7 7700k
    GTX 1080
    16 RAM
    Rnjypsy
    edited May 2018
    Jacobin said:

First 40 minutes saw main story quest break twice requiring re-loads and frequent FPS drops to as low as 20 in starter town no matter the quality level.

i7 7700k
    GTX 1080
    16 RAM
    That has nothing to do with "..just as bad as everyone is saying". 

I mean you had some pretty generic first day game launch problems. 

People like you amaze me very, very much. If you don't want to go in the launch day "shits" , then stay away. 

And from my point of view, your "review" is not eligible at all. 

!Next

Edit: Wanna hear my .. launch problem? Never mind, I am gonna say it anyway.

So I was downloading, at the ...amazing speed of 8/900 k/s for around 3.5 hours ( 7.2GB that is , or close to ). It took all my bandwidth and so I told myself to lower the download speed from Steam Settings, so I can do some other things online. So I changed the dw speed to 512k. Next thing you know, Steam requires restart. I did that , only to find out that the client was starting to download Bless all over again.

And so I lost around 4 hours in total just to start re-download it from the beginning with an estimated finish time of 7+ hours. As we speak , I still have 3.4 hours left for the download to finish.

So there you go. Is even shitty then your problem, but you don't see me crying about it. 

Launch day for a game in development for 10 years, already launched 3 times and supposedly went through a rebuild.

This game is older in terms of development than GW2, FFXIV, ESO yet runs far worse despite having poorer graphics.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    IceDark said:
    Jacobin said:

i7 7700k
    GTX 1080
    16 RAM

People like you amaze me very, very much. If you don't want to go in the launch day "shits" , then stay away. 

!Next

So I was downloading, at the ...amazing speed of 8/900 k/s for around 3.5 hours ( 7.2GB that is , or close to ). It took all my bandwidth and so I told myself to lower the download speed from Steam Settings, so I can do some other things online. So I changed the dw speed to 512k. Next thing you know, Steam requires restart. I did that , only to find out that the client was starting to download Bless all over again.

And so I lost around 4 hours in total just to start re-download it from the beginning with an estimated finish time of 7+ hours. As we speak , I still have 3.4 hours left for the download to finish.

So there you go. Is even shitty then your problem, but you don't see me crying about it. 

well you defend the game so much like you're part of the dev team so no one would expect you to be crying about it
    psychosiz1d_20

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Jacobin said:
    Launch day for a game in development for 10 years, already launched 3 times and supposedly went through a rebuild.

This game is older in terms of development than GW2, FFXIV, ESO yet runs far worse despite having poorer graphics.
    Early Access day you mean? Also, saying the same shit which most of people like you say for a game in development for 10 years clearly don't know much about the updates they were pushing with the Steam version, which is different then the ones from previous versions of Bless.

Also, Early Access Day!! Oh, I already said that. Now, tell me a game which they gone smooth in their first day of the Beta Launch. Heck, tell me a game which had a smooth Official Launch Day. 

...exactly!

Sephiroso said:
    IceDark said:
    Jacobin said:

i7 7700k
    GTX 1080
    16 RAM

!Next

well you defend the game so much like you're part of the dev team so no one would expect you to be crying about it
    I am a part of the dev team..
    psychosiz1EponyxDamord_20
    Most games would do open beta weekends but since Neowiz knows the performance sucks they went with B2P with no previews or betas.

Therefore the first 2 hours of early access is the appropriate amount of time to judge if the game is worth $40 due to Newiz's own planning.
    psychosiz1simmihi
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Dvora said:
    Cash shop has some stuff that reduces chance of gear upgrade failure and degrade.  UGH... smells like acheage already.
    Oh i hate when mmos offer this to cash shop payers. I'll be playing PvE only.

Sephiroso said:
    IceDark said:
    Jacobin said:

i7 7700k
    GTX 1080
    16 RAM

!Next

I am a part of the dev team..
    oh well that makes so much more sense then lmao

Jacobin said:
    Most games would do open beta weekends but since Neowiz knows the performance sucks they went with B2P with no previews or betas.

Therefore the first 2 hours of early access is the appropriate amount of time to judge if the game is worth $40 due to Newiz's own planning.
    What games call Early Access is what games used to call Open Beta. It's basically Open Beta but they get to charge money for it.
    Octagon7711

Honestly, people whining about the day 1 "launch" problems should certainly get the refund.

I've played the game on my desktop and had no issues until the servers began to crash, I have one character at level 3 and another at level 12.  We have people in the guild who are close to 20.

The game has a lot of "problems" and by the game, I mean the actual game.  The issues with quests are largely due to the server as far as I've experienced.  During crashes, or the prelude to crashes I can't do anything, I can't look at merchants, I can't loot items, I can't do anything. The game chugs hard, there are points where I'll see nobody on my screen and no NPCs to where I'm overrun with bandits immediately.  But again, that's primarily lag due to the servers.

But server issues aren't fundamental problems.  The game has fundamental issues, primarily with how combat is balanced early on.  The combo system is a really cool system, but from my early POV, it feels a little disjointed for the mage.  

But it does excel in other ways, I am having fun going through the levels, seeing and capturing the animals, and when combat goes right for my mage, it feels pretty rewarding.  

But the complaints of poor performance... it's mostly the server on my end.  I tried it on my PC and my laptop, my PC ran it with no issues at all until the crash,  the laptop slowed down pretty substantially in the city until I turned down the settings, and my laptop is several years old.  But again, once the server began to go down, it didn't matter that I was in an area and had no perceptible lag, I couldn't loot, I couldn't equip items, I couldn't turn in quests.. so it's a moot point.  

But I'm fine with sticking it out. Others don't seem as capable of dealing with server queues and launch issues for an early access title, and that's fine.  It's a good lesson for the next game. 

Honestly, people whining about the day 1 "launch" problems should certainly get the refund.

I've played the game on my desktop and had no issues until the servers began to crash, I have one character at level 3 and another at level 12.  We have people in the guild who are close to 20.

The game has a lot of "problems" and by the game, I mean the actual game.  The issues with quests are largely due to the server as far as I've experienced.  During crashes, or the prelude to crashes I can't do anything, I can't look at merchants, I can't loot items, I can't do anything. The game chugs hard, there are points where I'll see nobody on my screen and no NPCs to where I'm overrun with bandits immediately.  But again, that's primarily lag due to the servers.

But server issues aren't fundamental problems.  The game has fundamental issues, primarily with how combat is balanced early on.  The combo system is a really cool system, but from my early POV, it feels a little disjointed for the mage.  

But it does excel in other ways, I am having fun going through the levels, seeing and capturing the animals, and when combat goes right for my mage, it feels pretty rewarding.  

But the complaints of poor performance... it's mostly the server on my end.  I tried it on my PC and my laptop, my PC ran it with no issues at all until the crash,  the laptop slowed down pretty substantially in the city until I turned down the settings, and my laptop is several years old.  But again, once the server began to go down, it didn't matter that I was in an area and had no perceptible lag, I couldn't loot, I couldn't equip items, I couldn't turn in quests.. so it's a moot point.  

But I'm fine with sticking it out. Others don't seem as capable of dealing with server queues and launch issues for an early access title, and that's fine.  It's a good lesson for the next game. 
    For those with FPS issues, they should try the .ini configs, which did seem to help my performance. This was originally for the Russian version, but the Steam version seems to have the same optimization problems; it helped increase my FPS noticeably.

Translation errors are still currently my biggest problem. I really can't make out how some of the class mechanics/resources work.
    maskedweasel

For those with FPS issues, they should try the .ini configs, which did seem to help my performance. This was originally for the Russian version, but the Steam version seems to have the same optimization problems; it helped increase my FPS noticeably.

Translation errors are still currently my biggest problem. I really can't make out how some of the class mechanics/resources work.
    That's awesome! I hope that fixes it for those having problems.  

Yeah there are a LOT of translation problems.  I think they could have at least gotten translations done pretty easily. I see a lot of complaints in chat about that. 
    EponyxDamor

.ini config fixes do help confirmed. Still runs terrible a lot but it definitely helps a bunch. 
    EponyxDamormaskedweasel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Stuck on splash screen problem is back. Day 2 of early start.

Neowiz is being quiet about it today.

It IS absolutely happening again and is not the fault of admin settings.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had this problem for about 3 hours this morning, unfortunately.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Change resolution in the launcher and after the game loads to the character select go back to your preferred resolution. 
    Mikeha said:

Change resolution in the launcher and after the game loads to the character select go back to your preferred resolution. 
    Tried this and it did not work.

Splash screen is actually the "server connection" screen, from what I understand, and if it faisl it never kicks you back. So, you're stuck looking at it forever instead. Just have to reload over and over until it works.

Anything else that "fixes" it is entirely coincidence as far as I know.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited May 2018
    Mikeha said:

Tried this and it did not work.

Splash screen is actually the "server connection" screen, from what I understand, and if it faisl it never kicks you back. So, you're stuck looking at it forever instead. Just have to reload over and over until it works.

Anything else that "fixes" it is entirely coincidence as far as I know.

I had the problem 3 times and it worked all 3 times for me. You can also try changing the screen size from Full Screen or Window or Borderless.