Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEWEST PVE MMORPG ?

thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213
Hello Everyone,
I'm looking for help here. The question might have been answer multiple time, and I'm sorry to ask it again.
I didn't found the answer and I want to ask it.
It's been 2 weeks I'm looking for a MMORPG to play with my best friend.
We have played a lot of them in the past.
We are mostly PVE player, which doesn't seem to be popular in the new release.
We were playing FF14 till november. We would like to try something else. or something newer.

Thank for the help.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online,  Secret World Legends.
    KyleranrojoArcueidYashaX

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I just started ESO after not having played it since it launched, and can I say it has improved 10 thousand times over launch. It seems like a really good game now, and it is almost purely a PvE game (Think there is a good PVP community too).
    I was about to buy Bless (was hyped) but had to stop due to money issues, so I fired up ESO a few days ago, and now I'm pretty glad I did. I think i will stick with ESO for a while :)
    Can defenitely recommend, but if my limited experience isnt enough look/ask on their reddit if you want to know more about the game.
    Truvidien88
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    New MMORPGs are rare, PVE only non existent.

Pantheon and Saga of Lucima are your two to watch, but not in this decade.

Gilcroix

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2018
    You will not find any better than FFXIV.IMO FFXI was better but in 2018 it is no longer the same game and to many people outdated.

NOTHING else is imo close,sure FFXIV could have been much better combat/class wise and more voice acting but overall a very solid game.
    True to my own words,i am not playing ANY mmorpg right now,i also played FFXIV for about 6 months,still like fFXI better,also played ALL the other major titles and don't like any of them.
    I have plenty to do in real life so i don't NEED to sit behind a PC gaming every night,i rather dabble in TCG's and play a bit of older single player games to fill in time.

What i see in the industry is it seems like a lot of gaming addiction,every new game is bought,people play like madmen for a month then buy the next new game and rinse repeat.IMO people need to add MORE to their life than gaming every day that way they won't be constantly moving from game to game.
    Point being,if i thought there was a decent game worth devoting yours and your friends time in,i would tell you but i don't see anything.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Thanks a lot Wizardry ! 
    Im having the same conclusion and was hoping to see if i was wrong. 
    Thank everyone 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Newest PvE mmorpg i don't know, but you can't go wrong with FFXIV, GW2, and ESO for PvE content. That's all I do in all three games.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Blade and Soul if you have not already tried it. If you want pvp you have to change into pvp gear so its not forced on you. 
    Octagon7711YashaXwingoodStoneRoses
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Bless
    Scotwingood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• stealth80stealth80 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    WOW 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    If you haven't played FFXIV play it. ESO is also a good choice and so is GW 2.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    ESO without a doubt.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Bless online is both something else and newer. It fits those criteria. Whether it is good enough is for you to decide. 

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Bless online is both something else and newer. It fits those criteria. Whether it is good enough is for you to decide. 

But its not PVE only, or even centric. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited June 2018
    Kyleran said:

But its not PVE only, or even centric. 
    @Kyleran

Please stop insinuating that I barely read the OP's post.

Cryomatrix
    p.s. I barely read the OP's post, I looked at the title and like the first 2 sentences :blush:
    KyleranScot
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    How about the next WoW expansion in three months?  You don't get better, guided PvE content than WoW.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    How about the next WoW expansion in three months?  You don't get better, guided PvE content than WoW.
    Ok nice avatar image, but can you guys stop changing them? It is confusing! :)
    MightyUnclean
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited June 2018
    Scot said:
    Ok nice avatar image, but can you guys stop changing them? It is confusing! :)
    Dragon ampersand nice

I have had kyubey for ages and if anyone ever watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica  you know its evil well I considered it evil and scary in spite of it's amiable cute look.

https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Speculah:Kyubey_is_Evil_Theory

Sorry deviation from topic but I am forever trying to get people to watch that anime.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    thedrakon said:
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm looking for help here. The question might have been answer multiple time, and I'm sorry to ask it again.
    I didn't found the answer and I want to ask it.
    It's been 2 weeks I'm looking for a MMORPG to play with my best friend.
    We have played a lot of them in the past.
    We are mostly PVE player, which doesn't seem to be popular in the new release.
    We were playing FF14 till november. We would like to try something else. or something newer.

Thank for the help.
    You need to be more specific:
    1) Which games you played aside of FF14?
    2) Define new, is ESO new for you?

I was going to suggest ESO as it is the closest thing to FF14, but it ain't new in my opinion.
    ESO has a lot of content, Solo, PVE, Dungeons, Story, Crafting.
    PvP is totally optional, just avoid Cyrodiil.