Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access/Launch Updates

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So they picked a national holiday in the US when no one would be at work or at school. 0_o

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Finally got in. All 3 servers full. They're probably going to spin up 2-3 more between EA and Launch. I'm gonna try Tanara and see if I can figure it out.

Feel bad for all the guilds who are all split up all over the place.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Lucky bastards. I'm on a 6+ hours to download the game, thanks to my awesome internet bandwidth ..
    Kyleran
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
    edited May 2018
    This is like like Archeage de ja vu. I'm already ready for people

• AFK'ing over night so they don't have to log-off. 
    • Already being maxed level
    • Lines at elite mobs.

I hate it and love it at the same time.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Yep, launch day...
    Baby GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    see yall next year when there are no server locks and no queues!
    Tokken

IceDark said:
    Lucky bastards. I'm on a 6+ hours to download the game, thanks to my awesome internet bandwidth ..
    You're not missing anything. The majority of us are sitting in queue, stuck on splash screen and then there's this:

https://twitter.com/BlessOnline/status/1001183183621144576

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Anybody having issues with the splash screen, and setting Bless.exe to "Run As Administrator";

I just got a friend in by making sure to do it under "Change settings for all users"

Hopefully it will work for you and you can join the queue.  :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Anybody having issues with the splash screen, and setting Bless.exe to "Run As Administrator";

I just got a friend in by making sure to do it under "Change settings for all users"

Hopefully it will work for you and you can join the queue.  :D
    Server maintenance in like 20 minutes, but, I swapped server and I'm in queue again, got into tanara, was able to make a char, decided to go to a different server, so now I'm in queue haha, waiting game is best game.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Dvora said:
    Ugh is this going to be a que for hours then crash and repeat all day kind of day?
    I haven't bought the game yet, but man do I love launch week whining!!!  It's better than smelling napalm in the morning.  Keep 'em coming guys.

MrMelGibsonKyleranTokkend_20

I self identify as a monkey.

When you get DC'ed from the server in the middle of making the best character you've ever made.

KyleranIceDark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    When you get DC'ed from the server in the middle of making the best character you've ever made.

Check your internet!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited May 2018
    Cash shop doesn't seem too bad so far, but the localization/translation definitely need a lot of work. Main questline dialogue and voice overs are pretty good, but the tooltips and notifications are generally pretty off. Only other complaint I have is performance/animations, which may or may not get better once launch day dies down; however, I have some reservations given it was an issue in previous versions.

So far, so fine, though ... for an "early access" game.

Check your internet!
    Check the Bless Online social feeds. FOH.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Why can't you just drag and drop your skills to your action bar rather than "linking" them?
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm glad I'm waiting till friday.  EA is always a pain and constant servers going down for maintenance etc.  I'd rather avoid all that and play friday when it calms down.
    Why can't you just drag and drop your skills to your action bar rather than "linking" them?
    IKR? its weird but.. once you do it a few times it gets easier.

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    14 years old engine, 32bit client, directx 9.
    i refunded after 10 minutes and an average of 15fps in town with beast gaming pc. not to mention the fucking atrocious controls.
    this is the first game i've ever refunded in over 2 decades of gaming.
    i didn't expect much but my goodness, this pile of garbage gave me tera flashbacks.
    Asm0deusCryomatrixMrMelGibsonsimmihiRnjypsy
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    Cash shop doesn't seem too bad so far, but the localization/translation definitely need a lot of work. Main questline dialogue and voice overs are pretty good, but the tooltips and notifications are generally pretty off. Only other complaint I have is performance/animations, which may or may not get better once launch day dies down; however, I have some reservations given it was an issue in previous versions.

So far, so fine, though ... for an "early access" game.

Sounds kind of sad tbh given how long its been around in the east, that in the end it feels like an EA title. The reason I say this is because it had years to work on the game, so what is honestly going to change if they can't get basics right after all that time....?
  • Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    ananit said:
    i refunded after 10 minutes and an average of 15fps in town with beast gaming pc. not to mention the fucking atrocious controls.
    i didn't expect much but my goodness, this pile of garbage gave me tera flashbacks.
    i have some issues with the game already so im no fanboy but its a 64 bit client and your always going to get lag on launch dosnt matter how good your pc is 
    MrMelGibson
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited May 2018
    ananit said:
    i have some issues with the game already so im no fanboy but its a 64 bit client and your always going to get lag on launch dosnt matter how good your pc is 
    Correct -- the launcher is only 32bit but the game client is 64bit.

I'm going to reserve judgement on performance issues for a few days/week or so once the rush dies down; however, I'm not too hopeful based on what I've heard of other regions (they all had similar problems).
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    ananit said:
    Good think you didn't reviewed the game based on your .. 10 minutes of .. gaming on a launch day.

Wait .. did you ?
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
    Performance wise the game is absolutely not ready. It's not something they're going to fix in 2 days either. Aeria Games was RIGHT.

The game itself;
    • The new player experience is convoluted AF.
    • The zoom controls are silly
    • There are some game breaking quest bugs super early
    • They don't have basic combat convenience like automatically targeting the closest enemy
    • It's a mess. It's not looking good at all

I'm teetering on getting that refund my damn self to avoid having to fight for it later.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    IceDark said:
    ananit said:
    Good think you didn't reviewed the game based on your .. 10 minutes of .. gaming on a launch day.

Wait .. did you ?
    why would i bother playing that generic pile of shit when you have games just as bad with more content and classes. tera/aion/archeage are all free to play, 40 bucks for bless is a stretch if not a scam.
    i expected the game to run at least ok but it doesn't.
    Performance wise the game is absolutely not ready. It's not something they're going to fix in 2 days either. Aeria Games was RIGHT.

The game itself;
    • The new player experience is convoluted AF.
    • The zoom controls are silly
    • There are some game breaking quest bugs super early
    • They don't have basic combat convenience like automatically targeting the closest enemy
    • It's a mess. It's not looking good at all

I'm teetering on getting that refund my damn self to avoid having to fight for it later.
    I haven't had too many issues with performance.  Yeah, server lag gets bad but that's  generally right before a crash.  For the most part it's performing really well considering the load, I haven't had much lag, and I don't have a crazy beast of a PC or anything like that.  

New player experience I don't find to be particularly convoluted or confusing.  I think they made it exceptionally easy in many cases with the auto run. 

I ran into 1 quest bug so far, and that was due to server issues, but there was one that they did bring the servers down to fix, so I don't doubt there is more.

The auto target to closest enemy is annoying.  Especially when you're doing combos, and you have 3 or so enemies in front of you.  I'm playing a mage, makes it really tough to stay alive when you don't get the auto target immediately and have to wait for the cast to finish.  

But the combo system is also kind of fun as a mage too.  Still to early to tell how good it will be as I progress, and I'm happy to stick with it. 

I tamed a half dozen animals so far lol.  Tamed things I didn't even know were tameable. 

Since servers seem like they're going to crash I'm going to grab some food, but at this point, if you don't like what you're seeing, yeah go for the refund now, don't waste your time.  

This game probably gets better near end game when you start getting into faction and guild warfare, but nobody should try and "suffer" through it if you just don't get it early on. 
    EponyxDamorMikehaIceDarkMrMelGibson