Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I tried to craft a saddle...

davchadavcha Member UncommonPosts: 130
And I realized I need to gather some items, like pig hide... But I have basically no idea how to get them quickly (basically I would need 200 of them, which seems insane to me).

So, I thought "hey, let's try to breed some cows !" Started that, turned off computer. went to sleep. 8h later, nothing changed. So I guess it's 8 hours played ?...

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Never did breeding but for farming, you have to be online for the farm to actually progress in the growing stages to eventually harvest. So, yes breeding is probably the same way.
    Blaze_Rocker

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited May 2018
    this is the reason you see hundreds of people afk fishing all the time....gathering and crafting is all IN GAME time. so players are forced to stay in game, and since you can macro fishing afk, it just makes sense to do it as well.

i personally don't like games that force me to stay online afk to get things done. 

Blaze_Rocker[Deleted User]bartoni33MadFrenchie
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    You can't dip your toe into BDO crafting, that's why I gave up on it just too much of my gameplay became crafting.
  • davchadavcha Member UncommonPosts: 130
    That's dumb. So it's a game where the gameplay is a screensaver ?...
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    davcha said:
    I've never played it like that. The "afk only" narrative you hear is exaggerated in my opinion. Yes, quite a few people leave the game fishing overnight. Several systems benefit you leaving the game on, but it is by no means the core of the game.

Crafting is in large part about building up infrastructure. You have to create a robust network of workers and processing houses. Setting this up is quite an active process. The same is true for gathering/farming. On release, I used to be consistently in the Top 3 in terms of farming (actual farming, not grinding content). This used to be so time demanding that I decided to drop farming altogether. It was great fun being at the top for about 3 weeks, but managing all my plants was taking 90% of my game time.

Contrary to popular belief, I think it's a game that lets you play in several different ways. For me, that hardly ever included staying AFK.
    Mikehawingood[Deleted User]TsiyaYashaX
    laxie said:
    davcha said:
    I've never played it like that. The "afk only" narrative you hear is exaggerated in my opinion. Yes, quite a few people leave the game fishing overnight. Several systems benefit you leaving the game on, but it is by no means the core of the game.

Crafting is in large part about building up infrastructure. You have to create a robust network of workers and processing houses. Setting this up is quite an active process. The same is true for gathering/farming. On release, I used to be consistently in the Top 3 in terms of farming (actual farming, not grinding content). This used to be so time demanding that I decided to drop farming altogether. It was great fun being at the top for about 3 weeks, but managing all my plants was taking 90% of my game time.

Contrary to popular belief, I think it's a game that lets you play in several different ways. For me, that hardly ever included staying AFK.
    90% of the best ways of making money require you to AFK so...

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited May 2018
    Crafting is not AFK or tedious whatsoever, you need 200 pig skin?, go find a place with plenty of boars, you get 200 pigskins within 15-20min, due to quick respwn rate of the mobs.
    YashaX
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    *plays heavy grind based MMO*

*complains about grinding*
    YashaX

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Maurgrim said:
    Crafting is not AFK or tedious whatsoever, you need 200 pig skin?, go find a place with plenty of boars, you get 200 pigskins within 15-20min, due to quick respwn rate of the mobs.
    crafting is afk. Processing is like one of the best ways of making cash and its done by being afk for hours(with enough bag space and weight). Same thing for cooking. Do you even play the game saying something like crafting is not afk?

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Sounds like a walk in the park compared to jewelry crafting in eso ...