Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OLED Marginally more affordable at $1100 for a 55"

CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,254
edited May 2018 in Hardware
You can now get a 55" LG B7 OLED TV for $1100. This is starting to crack into the same price range as Full matrix LED TVs. It should be the same panel used in other LG OLED TVs without as many bells and whistles. Is this more within the range of reason or is the $500 price point where the line is drawn? You will still experience burn in.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,061
    edited May 2018
    I jumped on a C7 a few months ago for $1400. I suppose I could have waited a bit longer, but was ready to upgrade in the living room; I had waited to see what the 2018 version brought - was hoping for HDMI 2.1, but didn't get it, so went ahead with a (much) less expensive 2017 model. Could not be happier with the TV. 

I haven't hooked my PC up to it, but PS4 Pro looks amazing. HDR content (right now PS4 and Netflix mostly) looks incredible on this set.

It doesn't do quite as well in brighter environments - during the day with the curtains open it doesn't pop as much - it ~only~ looks as good as the IPS LG I have... but once you see true Black, wow, it's hard to go back to anything else and not feel as if it's washed out.

If there were a smaller size that I could fit on a desktop, it would definitely make me rethink my strategy in computer monitors. 55" is just too big for me for my current computer use though.
  • skadadskadad Member UncommonPosts: 392
    got a e6 ( wanted the 3d ) 0 burn in. Mostly playing ps4 pro and watching netflix/hbo/crunchyroll through ps4, amazing picture :)