Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new game...something refreshing and fast paced

I just got Horizons and I already regret it. It's just the same old fighting system, press button, auto attack, maybe use a new style. I need something much faster and more interesting than this. I can't take the EQ formula anymore.

I've tried quite a few games. Neocron probably came closest to what I like, but there are things about the game that rubbed me the wrong way. AO, Shadowbane, DAOC, I've tried them all, they all feel the same to me. Is there anything out there someone can suggest for a guy who can't stand the repetitive combat in MMORPGs these days?

I heard about Face of Mankind, it looks interesting, but I'd like something that's out right now if possible image

Comments

• ZaradisZaradis Member Posts: 241

Well there isn't really anything that is fast past that is out right now but if your very patient you can wait for the new ultima game or Exarch.

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

• air_head1air_head1 Member Posts: 75
    u could maybe try planetside you might like that if ur into fps a bit

• atomicwebzatomicwebz Member Posts: 63

Well I'm in the same boat bro!

I tried FFXI and I didn't like at all, then bought Horizons....Big mistake, game just sucks
    but i'll be playing until my free month is over.

Solution:
    Wait for Ultima-X and then WoW

Meanwhile:
    I started playing Thesa and to my surprise the game ain't that bad, especially for being
    free and all. Here is a link if your interested:
    http://www.mojochicago.com

>>AtomicWebZ<<
    O--{========>
    RipperX.Com & Olympicnetworks.Com

>>AtomicWebZ<<
    O--{========>

• UOAndrommieUOAndrommie Member Posts: 47

I hafta agree, I regret jumpin into horizons as well. But if you ar looking for something different, I doubt anything you play will be original. Games have become much like movies. The ideas are ususally the same, it's all about the presentation of it.

*A game does not rule all other games...espcially if it hasn't been released yet.*

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Yeah, i would give anything for a faster combat paced system. Or just something different. I might just buy FFXI, even though it's the same, it will give me something to play for the long wait...

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316
    mabe you guys should go into pristontale or biosfear none of that auto crap it actually takes work  and pt is really fun im lvl 29 and still lovin it ya http://eng.pristontale.com cant remember biosfear website but this site has it

a job of a lorer is to preach the history of chaos with out the lorer of chaos all would be in chaos

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

• papasmfpapasmf Member Posts: 41

I've been playing BiosFear since closed beta.  It's open now and quite fast paced and fun:

http://biosfear.tiscali.co.uk

If you really want faster paced combat with kick arse skills, wait for Lineage 2... hopefully open beta will begin soon... if not you can get into Taiwanese open beta next month likely.

http://www.lineage2.com

btw... for fast-paced, i mean no crazy menus and crap, leveling is slower during higher levels on both games, but the actual combat is in real time... no hit, then wait, then hit again... constant fighting.

-pops image

• ConstantineConstantine Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the suggestions:)

My main problem with the current combat systems is that I don't do anything. Okay, so I hit autoattack, and occasionally I press a button to perform style A and do a little spinning slashy thingy. Bleh. In Neocron at least I had to keep moving, leap behind trash cans and pop up to fire at someone. I like the looks of the Ultima game some of you suggested, and I'm checking out this Biosfear game now.

• AetherfangAetherfang Member Posts: 18
    try out www.endlessages.com that is a game with MUCH more freedom to movement and combat than most others out, besides possibly neocron, not sure, never playd it. tis a good game

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Originally posted by Constantine
    Thanks for the suggestions:)

My main problem with the current combat systems is that I don't do anything. Okay, so I hit autoattack, and occasionally I press a button to perform style A and do a little spinning slashy thingy. Bleh.

That's what LineageII is... I have no idea what papasmf is talking about.

Anything you hate will be the root of everything you breathe.
    Breathing in the dirt will leave you hating all that you conceive.
    I never thought I'd be the one to bring it down to this.
    My last thought is through a statement and a shattered fist.
    Face down, fearless, light me up, end this.
    Face down, fearless, light me up, END THIS!

-Machiavelli

• DepapeDepape Member CommonPosts: 3

Well, if you want really fast paced MMORPG, you might try out AC1 if you never played it before.

Depape